Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #15
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Loooolllll classic americans
Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #16
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
In an IWB holster. I prefer AIWB. Stealth gear ventcore to be even more specific.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 PM   #17
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4door65guy View Post
Reading you guys talk about where to put you're handguns in you're Camaro's makes me dislike living in CA even more.....

You're welcome in Texas.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:41 PM   #18
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
I can't even imagine the reception one would get here in the People's Republik of California.

Probably shot on sight by the Police.

Doubt they would want to discuss anything about my ride.

Just like the 1st Amendment, you don't lose it going from 1 state to the next. How it has been circumvented for the 2nd Amendment, oh forget it...

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #19
MarkC

Drives: 2018 HBM 2SS/1LE
An IWB holster tucked into the pouch behind the passenger seat seems to work pretty well, or just drop it in the pouch
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #20
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrew View Post
I strongly suggest you get a holster and put it on your belt where it belongs. Ask yourself when you would need it? The only legally defensible time you would need it is if your car was disabled and you couldn’t exit stage left. Sure, you can live in a stand your ground state - but look how that’s gonna work out for the handicap parking space shooter (he’s screwed) - the reality is armed defense is a last resort. I wouldn’t shoot somebody over anything less than a me or him kind of thing.
Don't know about where you live, but , that is THE ONLY TIME you can use your weapon(family or yourself). You can't just go waving it around, even in an open carry state. Most people don't even realize Obama, yes Obama, made open carry in national parks legal. I was thrilled since I toured and hiked in several the past few weeks. Even then you you don't have it holstered or (a rifle) in a lowered position you are asking for serious trouble. And my tourism dollars only go to states that honor my License.

But I am also a keep it on you as much as possible vote, any time it is not on your person is a chance for something to go wrong, we live in a world where gun owners get sued by someone shot by a their stolen gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
You're welcome in Texas.
As an Okie that travels there, your state has changed since all the CA companies have started shipping over there. It's turning onto New California. If you like CA, good for you, but if you don't, yikes.

Last edited by SnakeEyeSS; 07-26-2018 at 10:11 PM.
SnakeEyeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:55 AM   #21
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
I'm looking into the underside of the steering column to see if that'll work with my XDS. Just need to be sure legs won't bump it getting in or out of the car. Mostly just keep a pistol IWB 4-5 o'clock position. Shockingly the Recaro seat bolster doesn't cause any issues. My wallet is literally more of a pain in the azz.

This is what I'm thinking about as well. The same type of steering column mount that I'm using in my truck.
Though It might be a problem if you're a larger person.
I'm 5'10" 185. This type of mount works well in my Truck.

There looks to be a couple of openings under the steering column at the dash in our Camaro for this type of set up.

Run your hand at the dash under your steering column.
Did you know we have a small little glove box in that area?
This is where I keep my Wallet.
Perfect size, she slips and tucks right in.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:25 AM   #22
MJP

Quote:
I’d hate to explain to a jury of typical morons why I didn’t put it in gear and get the heck out of dodge.

I agree, typical Morons.
SMH, Especially if your'e a white male today.

How I look at it? I'll deal with that Jury of Misfit Tofu eaters should I be granted that opportunity.
I'm not going to sit back and hope for that chance.
I will not become a Statistic.

Think about it.
Kate Steinle wasn't even allowed her day in court.
Kate and her family?
CA instantly shoved it right up her ass.
I'll place my life on my trigger finger.
Delete the POS.

Kate had no fight.
She was dead.
She could not fight back. She had no choice.

The liberal Justice System out of CA saw this.
They instantly disrespected this innocent woman.
Yes, in favor of a POS killer illegal Alien.
Sorry, I'll take my chances.. Unlike Kate, I'll be alive..
At least I'll have my day in Court.
My day in court in front of that jury of Scumbags.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:41 AM   #23
MJP

This is the type of mount I'd like to see. I have similiar in my Truck.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #24
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
I strongly suggest you get a holster and put it on your belt where it belongs. Ask yourself when you would need it? The only legally defensible time you would need it is if your car was disabled and you couldn’t exit stage left. Sure, you can live in a stand your ground state - but look how that’s gonna work out for the handicap parking space shooter (he’s screwed) - the reality is armed defense is a last resort. I wouldn’t shoot somebody over anything less than a me or him kind of thing. And I’d hate to explain to a jury of typical morons why I didn’t put it in gear and get the heck out of dodge. You might legally have the right to stay and fight in some states, but that doesn’t play well with juries. And even if you survive criminal prosecution, you’re still gonna take the legal ride and spend tens of thousands keeping yourself out of jail/hot water/whatever when you cap some dude. However deserving he may be. So... given all that, a reasonable defense is that your car is disabled. It may be disabled because somebody smacked into you. And if that’s the case, where’s your backseat gun now? Best case somewhere on the floor. Worst case, thirty feet in front of your car. An in car holster just isn’t going to give you the security you want.

God made holsters for a reason. Lifelong shooter, shooting instructor, and carried for many many years. You want that gun where you expect it to be if you need it. Not bouncing around jammed up under the seat or sliding down the road.
while I can certainly see where you're coming from, and I will wholeheartedly say "I understand", I will also say I disagree.

I always wear my seatbelt, and in a holster, my gun is everything but accessible. If I need it, it won't be gotten to fast enough. Between unbuckling, moving shirt, grabbing gun, trying to swing past steering wheel, I'll be a statistic.

Now I do live in a stand your ground state. I don't care about laws. I don't care about jurys. I care about keeping myself alive. If it comes to a close encounter of the him or me kind, I will protect me and mine. Damn whatever cost comes. Money is money. I can make more money, I can't make more me.

Having said that, If there is a chance of removing myself from the situation, nary a shot fired, that is what will happen. But if I'm in my car, and someone shows intent and ability to disrupt my way of living before I can get away, well, that individual is bought and paid for, and my decision is already made.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #25
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Yeah, so I've carried a gun for a living for over 27 years. I agree your firearm should be in your Thumb break holster ALL THE TIME. That being said its really "Do as I say not as I do."

The cup holder is my preferred location. I like IWB Bianchi suede holster with a belt clip; soft and comfortable.

Just don't forget that its there.

You could stuff it between the driver seat and center consul on the right side of the cushion. Thats if you don't have the "ejection option that moves the seat back when you exit.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #26
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Only in America would this topic be a discussion point...

I have never been in a position where I was threatened to the point where I wished I was armed. I would bet most here haven't either. I'll choose to not carry and I hope if there ever is some confrontation I come across, that other person now all heated up isn't carrying either. And yes, I am a gun owner. They are in my locked gun case. I just can't see any need to carry or put some holster mount in my Camero. To each their own.

Be safe out there
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:21 AM   #27
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Only in America would this topic be a discussion point...

I have never been in a position where I was threatened to the point where I wished I was armed. I would bet most here haven't either. I'll choose to not carry and I hope if there ever is some confrontation I come across, that other person now all heated up isn't carrying either. And yes, I am a gun owner. They are in my locked gun case. I just can't see any need to carry or put some holster mount in my Camero. To each their own.

Be safe out there

That is great for you! However, the CDC estimates that guns are used 500k - 2mill times A YEAR for self-defense. I hope to never be threatened as well. There is nothing wrong with people wanting to defend themselves and their family in the best way possible.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:38 AM   #28
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
I strongly suggest you get a holster and put it on your belt where it belongs. Ask yourself when you would need it? The only legally defensible time you would need it is if your car was disabled and you couldn’t exit stage left. Sure, you can live in a stand your ground state - but look how that’s gonna work out for the handicap parking space shooter (he’s screwed) - the reality is armed defense is a last resort. I wouldn’t shoot somebody over anything less than a me or him kind of thing. And I’d hate to explain to a jury of typical morons why I didn’t put it in gear and get the heck out of dodge. You might legally have the right to stay and fight in some states, but that doesn’t play well with juries. And even if you survive criminal prosecution, you’re still gonna take the legal ride and spend tens of thousands keeping yourself out of jail/hot water/whatever when you cap some dude. However deserving he may be. So... given all that, a reasonable defense is that your car is disabled. It may be disabled because somebody smacked into you. And if that’s the case, where’s your backseat gun now? Best case somewhere on the floor. Worst case, thirty feet in front of your car. An in car holster just isn’t going to give you the security you want.

God made holsters for a reason. Lifelong shooter, shooting instructor, and carried for many many years. You want that gun where you expect it to be if you need it. Not bouncing around jammed up under the seat or sliding down the road.

I am all for a on person holster as well, I carry IWB at the 3 o'clock position while I am in the car.

Not sure what you mean by the recent Florida parking spot shooting, the police and the DA have already cleared the shooter due the deceased person being the aggressor the moment he laid hands on the shooter and pushed him to the ground.

Florida has a pretty strong stand your ground law along with a Castle Doctrine. It is one of the places when you go to visit that you dont want to go messing around and getting physical with people as they are able to defend themselves.

Living in Oklahoma our law was patterned off of the Florida law and works really well.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote