Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 01-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #1
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Blade spoiler

Blade spoiler is for sale on shopchevyparts for 346 in case anyone wants to buy it. Original 495. I just ordered one. I should get it on Thursday or Friday. I'll try to tackle the job myself (drilling required).
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
awesome, keep us posted.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Blacksapphire

Drives: 2ss/rs 6A
Nice! I want to see if they come out with a 1 piece blade spoiler.
Blacksapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #4
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Much cheaper then they said at first...

How do you plan on filling the holes in the trunk, body shop? Pretty sure I read a few times it doesn't cover the holes left by the standard SS wing...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #5
neal_zack

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
awesome
Old 01-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Much cheaper then they said at first...

How do you plan on filling the holes in the trunk, body shop? Pretty sure I read a few times it doesn't cover the holes left by the standard SS wing...
Curious here, as well.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
pinoyscorpion951

I have a buddy of mine at work that restores cars and was going to get his input on this (filling in the holes). I'm going to see how the blade spoiler kit mounting points are once I get it and go from there. If the job is too involved to tackle I'll have the dealer do it.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #8
C4-2014

Drives: 2016 CAMARO RS
thanks ...i just ordered one also
C4-2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:53 PM   #9
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
About a year ago, my friend with a new accord wanted to swap wing for blade so we went to a body shop that has done work for me. Was told about $500 to fix holes and mount. Involved welding new material in, grinding, body fill and repaint.

BTW, Ill lay odds the RS v6 spoiler conversion to blade, covers all the holes......

Last edited by Glen e; 01-22-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #10
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I agree with Glen. Any reputable body shop would be able to handle this. If they are filling in holes it should be with metal and paint the entire trunk. If you want it done right the trunk needs to come off. Will be cheaper to respray while trunk is on the car but anyone with paint experience will figure out it was repainted then think it was in an accident. If it is taken off and painted correctly be hard to know if the paint matches well on the outside.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #11
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Anyone with a v6 wanna swap trunk lids with me?
Hyper blue
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #12
neal_zack

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
did anyone confirm that there are bolt holes that the blade spoiler doesnt cover up? Seems weird that chevy would offer a spoiler that you would have to fork over more money than the price of the part in body work.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #13
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neal_zack View Post
did anyone confirm that there are bolt holes that the blade spoiler doesnt cover up? Seems weird that chevy would offer a spoiler that you would have to fork over more money than the price of the part in body work.
When I was at the find new roads tour in Texas, Al Op said there will be an option added to the ordering process that will allow you to order the SS with an LT/RS trunk lid. It will come with the lip spoiler and can easily be replaced with the blade. Blade will have to be ordered from accessories/parts dept.
No drilling.
Didn't think to ask if there is a 1 piece spoiler coming. I'm thinking yes but who knows. Might be available when this option goes live later this spring.

Hope so cause this is what I'm waiting for.

Past Rides: 69 Camaro RS Small Block
67 Chevelle SS Big Block
05 Cobalt SS Supercharged
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged
10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Soon: 18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
10redrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #14
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10redrocket View Post
When I was at the find new roads tour in Texas, Al Op said there will be an option added to the ordering process that will allow you to order the SS with an LT/RS trunk lid. It will come with the lip spoiler and can easily be replaced with the blade. Blade will have to be ordered from accessories/parts dept.
No drilling.
Didn't think to ask if there is a 1 piece spoiler coming. I'm thinking yes but who knows. Might be available when this option goes live later this spring.

Hope so cause this is what I'm waiting for.
I just received a phone call from Kelly at shopchevyparts and he did confirm that in order for the blade spoiler to be installed without drilling and filling in any holes, the deck lid from the V6 with the dovetail spoiler has to be swapped out in order for it to be plug and play. He said the spoilers have not arrived at their warehouses yet so he hasn't had a chance to mount one on one of their test vehicles. He said when one arrives, he will actually try to mount one and see what needs to be done as far a body work to actually make it work. He mentioned it was stupid of GM to do this, as based on orders he is getting it will be a very popular part. The issue according to him will be the center hole(s) from the existing stanchion spoiler. I went ahead and cancelled my order. To anyone who ordered and still wants to cancel, you can with no problems. Shopchevyparts by the way, has great customer service. I ordered fender hash marks from them and they sent me the wrong item. I was sent the correct item overnight along with a return label. The hash marks that I purchased were priced wrong (cost less) than what was supposed to be advertised but they ate the price difference anyway. If anyone ever has any issues, I can PM you Kelly's number. Thanks everyone for their input.