#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #15
bucknerbuck2

Drives: C7 Z51 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
Hi all, I've read every thread here about pricing. I'm looking for a 2019 or 2020 ZL1 LE in orange crush or blue or garnet red. I've contacted and went to so many dealers and it just seems like none of them are eager to sell...

Best price I have gotten so far for a ZL1 ILE is $73000 out the door. (selling price of 68,000 for a 2019 with an MSRP of 74k). I have a the GM supplier discount (but not employee pricing) and am currently in a GM lease. If I try to negotiate most dealers don't really seem interested or just outright don't reply.

Yet I'm seeing posts here about others buying theirs for low 60s for the 1LE and even in the high 50s?? How is this possible? The dealers I spoke to aren't budging, even when I'm ready to sign... they'd rather let me walk out or not reply to emails instead of budging on price.

I'm in Michigan if that helps. We have one 2019 orange crush 1LE in the state with a manual (what I want), 73k out the door is what they said and they stopped replying when I asked about doing better on price.
You must be talking about Berger on that crush one. I have tried dealing with them on that too. Absolutely useless.
Always keep in mind there is a reason some dealers have the old inventory. People have wanted to buy their cars but the process and pricing is so painful others have gone elsewhere. Good luck. I too have sorta been looking for a ZLE but at this point with everything going on I will do it if it’s a 2020, sub 65k out the door, and 0% financing.
Keep in mind three weeks from now the story will be different. There will also be a lot of lightly used items coming on the market. Any buyer should be extremely patient here.
bucknerbuck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #16
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
On Chevys web site as I post this. It looks like the 0% is gone. Or hidden somewhere that I can't find it
That only lasted 4-5 days, so much for being valid until March 31st.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:45 AM   #17
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I have a friend who works for the local Chevy dealer here. He said the 0% deal is good until March 31... But, and this is a huge but...

If you opt for the 0% for 84 months, you cannot combine any other deals or discounts with it.

So, in a nutshell, if you find a dealer who will do the 0% on a Camaro, expect to pay MSRP or something close to that.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:03 AM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
My position on this is, if you find one you really want and can buy, go ahead and get it or someone else will come along and grab it! The ZL1 and ZLE are Camaros with limited production numbers and as such aren’t many around! I’m sure glad I didn’t let mine slip through my fingers last year because the mileage was right(used)and price too! So many people I knew were telling me the price was too much but they weren’t in the market for a ZL1 and I really thought it was high too. I was fortunate in this stage of my life to be able to buy one and so far no regrets whatsoever!
Old 03-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #19
DONATI_ZL1_1LE

Drives: CAMARO ZL1 1LE
Paid 64 for a loaded 19 with nav, pdr, premium audio. MSRP 75
No trade
No dealer financing
Sales is a game. Gotta know how to play!
DONATI_ZL1_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #20
photorph

Drives: 19 zl1 le hopefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
https://www.donohoochevrolet.com/Veh...-AL/3458589193

Here’s a ‘19 Riverside Blue. The same MSRP for the ‘20 is about $700 more. This will be one of the better dealers to work with. The current times benefit you. If none of them work with you now give it a few months. They’ll be begging for a sale here shortly.

Another good dealer.
https://www.criswellchevroletofthurm...-MD/3502797193

Looks like if they give me the listed price, I save about 1500 selling price but add in tax and fees and it's still over 70k out the door. Then the fact that I'm in michigan and they are in a different state...that will add to the cost again, so really it won't be THAT different. Unless they are willing to go down even further than their listed price of almost 67k.
photorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #21
photorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Did you try Becky @ James Martin Chevy?

BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy
They don't have any ZL1 1LE
Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #22
photorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator94 View Post
I just bought a 19 Garnet ZLE two weeks ago in FL. Any dealer that had one(which were only a few) were really dealing on them. I ended getting mine for a huge discount. Here is one I was looking at that's still available:

https://www.jenkinschevroletofvenice...-FL/3447437563

I know it's not one of your color preferences, but they were willing to match the same price I got on the one I bought. Good luck!
What was your selling price and OTD price? Feel free to PM me if you want.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:34 AM   #23
photorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknerbuck2 View Post
You must be talking about Berger on that crush one. I have tried dealing with them on that too. Absolutely useless.
Always keep in mind there is a reason some dealers have the old inventory. People have wanted to buy their cars but the process and pricing is so painful others have gone elsewhere. Good luck. I too have sorta been looking for a ZLE but at this point with everything going on I will do it if it’s a 2020, sub 65k out the door, and 0% financing.
Keep in mind three weeks from now the story will be different. There will also be a lot of lightly used items coming on the market. Any buyer should be extremely patient here.
Exactly, they are giving me 73k OTD essentially and stopped responding when I tried to negotiate.

The 0% is useless because they only give that if you don't take any incentive which means the car will be msrp basically.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #24
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
Looks like if they give me the listed price, I save about 1500 selling price but add in tax and fees and it's still over 70k out the door. Then the fact that I'm in michigan and they are in a different state...that will add to the cost again, so really it won't be THAT different. Unless they are willing to go down even further than their listed price of almost 67k.
Call them up and tell the sales person what you just posted. Explain to them its a day or so to get there so you will have hotel expenses, gas, food, etc.
GIVE THEM A NUMBER to make the deal work and wait to see if they can do it. Tell them if they meet that number you will give a deposit via a CC so they know you are serious.
Also, tell them the best loan rate you can get where you live and that you will finance thru them if they match it. That will help as well.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #25
photorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I have a friend who works for the local Chevy dealer here. He said the 0% deal is good until March 31... But, and this is a huge but...

If you opt for the 0% for 84 months, you cannot combine any other deals or discounts with it.

So, in a nutshell, if you find a dealer who will do the 0% on a Camaro, expect to pay MSRP or something close to that.
Exactly correct, it's not a true 0%. You give up all the discounts...
Old 03-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #26
photorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONATI_ZL1_1LE View Post
Paid 64 for a loaded 19 with nav, pdr, premium audio. MSRP 75
No trade
No dealer financing
Sales is a game. Gotta know how to play!
That's 64 selling price or OTD? If it's OTD i'll be running to where you got it from. If it's selling price, still 3k lower than what I'm getting.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:41 AM   #27
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Have you considered entertaining the idea of buying north of the border. You may save 5 thousand or more. I may be wrong. You may wanna look into it. Our dollar is in the shitter right now. It’s about 1.40 for us to get 1 of yours.
My car was an absolute steal at this dollar exchange.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #28
photorph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Have you considered entertaining the idea of buying north of the border. You may save 5 thousand or more. I may be wrong. You may wanna look into it. Our dollar is in the shitter right now. It’s about 1.40 for us to get 1 of yours.
My car was an absolute steal at this dollar exchange.
It just sounds like a hassle to buy internationally, and I'm not sure warranty works if purchased from a different country. Plus with the Covid situation they might not let me back in the country ha.