Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #43
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
I placed an order for the core exchange. Excited to get and feel the difference. Only "mod" I have to the engine is a CAI.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:57 AM   #44
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if i did a core exchange would you accept a Katech ported oem tb i dont want the car to be down.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #45
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Check their website, pricing and other TBs they take for exchange are listed there!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:15 PM   #46
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I can relate closely to this problem. This problem is a large part of the reason I switched from ZLE M6 to ZLE A10.

I read every word very carefully and stared at every diagram.

Everything stated by OP appears legit to me.

I'm down.

@OP I have one question. Can I get one without the Soler Engineering sticker? I'd like it to appear OEM upon visual inspection.

EDIT: Just purchased

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500

Last edited by angryBits; 06-19-2019 at 01:27 PM.
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:24 PM   #47
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Coming soon, biker2k. That is at WOT. At part throttle, where we spend 99% of our driving time, we have plenty of data, some of it posted above.

At WOT, you know how inaccurate chassis dynos can be, but we'll run back to back dynos and see what we get.

Some numbers we could give right now is that your effective bore diameter goes from 87 mm (stock) to 91 mm (with mod). Our inlet/outlet design make flow much more efficient, polished to reduce skin friction, even the screws are completely out of the way. All these will show up at WOT we expect an easy 10-20+ HP gain.

Some Corvettes have taken our TB's to the track, and just the smoothness and predictability makes them track worthy.

Thanks,
That with the stock intake filter?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 PM   #48
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

My setup is all stock SS stick. I have no issues with hesitation. I just want more power on 90deg. days. I want the same output I have on 40deg. day. Will this product help that?
Old 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #49
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
everybody has hesitation. You may not notice it right now, but i bet you'll notice the difference when it isn't there.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #50
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
everybody has hesitation. You may not notice it right now, but i bet you'll notice the difference when it isn't there.
I hesitate to respond because I can't be 100% sure.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #51
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I can relate closely to this problem. This problem is a large part of the reason I switched from ZLE M6 to ZLE A10.

I read every word very carefully and stared at every diagram.

Everything stated by OP appears legit to me.

I'm down.

@OP I have one question. Can I get one without the Soler Engineering sticker? I'd like it to appear OEM upon visual inspection.

EDIT: Just purchased
Thank you very much, angryBits. Would you e-mail us your order confirmation with a note about what we should delete?

My understanding is that you do not want the aluminum tag on the outside (motor housing) but you still want the blade engraving; correct?

Thanks,
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #52
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
That with the stock intake filter?
We have not dyno'd it yet. When we do it will be w/ everything stock except the TB.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #53
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
My setup is all stock SS stick. I have no issues with hesitation. I just want more power on 90deg. days. I want the same output I have on 40deg. day. Will this product help that?
I don't think it will compensate for that much difference in air temperature/density at WOT. Different story at part throttle.

This is more about transferring power to early throttle application. We've also added every detail needed to perform at WOT as well. The greater differences show up at part throttle.

Thanks,
Old 06-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #54
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Have there been any CEL issues or any other problems on the ones you've sold ones the corvette forums?
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #55
SS6

Drives: 2017 SS A8
Soler Performance TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
This is genuinely a very good point and even applies to other things in life as well (unrelated to cars, hesitation, lag, etc).

Anyways... The Soler unit is superb! I'll write an in-depth review once I have a bit more time but there is an immediate difference in feel/performance that completely surprised me (just.. WOW). I'm very happy with the customer service, craftsmanship, attention to detail, and overall reassurance of the product/company.

Glad to see Mike here on the forum! Great to have them here , I had originally started another thread asking about this throttle body so I'll update both with a more "formal" review soon.

BUT,

I'll leave you guys with this: This product is well worth the money and it is a substantial improvement! Couldn't be happier!
SS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #56
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Thank you very much, angryBits. Would you e-mail us your order confirmation with a note about what we should delete?

My understanding is that you do not want the aluminum tag on the outside (motor housing) but you still want the blade engraving; correct?

Thanks,
Wow, I did not expect that. I will reply to the confirmation email, thank you!

EDIT: email sent.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote