Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2018, 09:38 PM   #57
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
None of the kids drove any car, not even a $3000 beater.
Not blaming the kids for anything, just saying the kids don't care about cars.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #58
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
There is thread here about pulling panels and putting felt tape to stop rattles. I drove 6 6th gen Camaros and EVERY one rattled around the door or center screen. My built in USA Mazda did not have a rattle for years. My 70%+ made in USA Accord, assembled in the USA, is 2.5 years old, driven daily and on vacation, and has ZERO rattles. The Camry is basically designed just for the American market

Just because the badge originated from a foreign country doesn't mean it doesn't support a ton of American workers. GM is looking to slowly transitioning to building in China and shipping here, while Mazda and Toyota are having a joint venture to build a massive new factory in the USA. Everything is going backwards, "buying American" isn't what it used to be
My mothers Toyota Camry was a piece of crap. Every dealer in our area tried to fix it and never did. She ended up selling it and buying a Saturn which she still has thats 18 years old now.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:53 PM   #59
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I've driven 3 Camaros and not a single one had rattles.. What's funny is I've been eyeing 2015ish Accords and have read plenty of consumer reviews of rattles.. YMWV

Yep I must have drove 10 to 15 Camaros before buying mine. No rattles. I think the guy is a troll.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:05 PM   #60
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
When I was in high school in the late '70's the kid next door was on the high school football team as were his friends. After graduation the street in front of his house was lined with Camaros, Trans Ams, Chevelles, and all sorts of cool cars.
Two years ago my niece and her boyfriend graduated from the same high school, he was the quarterback, she was cheerleader. After graduation all the team got dropped off by their parents in minivan's/suv's.

My wife's uncle had the only cool car there, a new 2SS, and he's probably 10 years older than me.
Kids these days.
I too was in high school in the '70's. I was into cars since I was a little kid. I felt really sorry for myself having come of driving age when horsepower was essentially castrated by the oil crisis and emissions regulations. And that was made even worse by the 55 mph speed limit. There was no reason for hoping an era of fun-to-drive cars would ever return. As was already said in this thread, we are at a pinnacle of big engined, great sounding fast cars, with the bonuses of unprecedented durability, safety, and even reasonable fuel efficiency. Yes, kids today have non-automotive priorities. There's less reason to dwell on that, and much more reason to enjoy the truly great cars we currently have, that I once never dreamed we would.
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:13 AM   #61
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
As I recall Sigma started as the F car replacement. I remember seeing the tape drawings on the wall with an "oh, by the way we can also do a performance sedan off of this architecture" tape drawing on the other wall. Never happened but the CTS did.
Nope. Was never part of the plan. What you probably saw were project study drawings. Sigma, like Alpha, started out as a Cadillac only architecture. But there were “what if” studies of everything from an F-body replacement to a Buick flagship (think Park Avenue) to a RWD large Chevy (think Impala / Caprice). None of those made it past the study stage.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:11 AM   #62
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
I too was in high school in the '70's. I was into cars since I was a little kid. I felt really sorry for myself having come of driving age when horsepower was essentially castrated by the oil crisis and emissions regulations. And that was made even worse by the 55 mph speed limit. There was no reason for hoping an era of fun-to-drive cars would ever return. As was already said in this thread, we are at a pinnacle of big engined, great sounding fast cars, with the bonuses of unprecedented durability, safety, and even reasonable fuel efficiency. Yes, kids today have non-automotive priorities. There's less reason to dwell on that, and much more reason to enjoy the truly great cars we currently have, that I once never dreamed we would.
so did i.it was horrible,all those 10 year old GTOs,chevelles,mustangs and camaros being sold for pennies on the dollar.the racing and partying were awesome.the last week of school everyone bought a bottle of bleach and poured them on the high school parking lot.much smoke of both types ensued.those were the days...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:35 AM   #63
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
so did i.it was horrible,all those 10 year old GTOs,chevelles,mustangs and camaros being sold for pennies on the dollar.the racing and partying were awesome.the last week of school everyone bought a bottle of bleach and poured them on the high school parking lot.much smoke of both types ensued.those were the days...
We appear to be similar ages. High school 78-81 when the original muscle cars were cheap used cars. Many were beater. Bleach burnouts in front of the school wasn’t just for the last week. Guys would form a line and take turns as onlookers held onto the front fenders to keep them on the sweet spot. Great times.

Like Weege said. I never thought we’d see great cars again. Now we have the best cars ever and 2/3 of young men don’t care and a good chunk of the rest nitpick them or don’t really drive them. Drive the wheels off of them and then get the next one!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #64
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
yup,graduated in 76...good times.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #65
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
What I am wondering is, there is still a large market for cars. Trucks and SUV's are more expensive, way out of many folks' price ranges. Where's that void going to be filled? Where are the people who can't afford a $50k+ truck going to get a new vehicle? There's not a new truck out there you can buy for $20k.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #66
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
What I am wondering is, there is still a large market for cars. Trucks and SUV's are more expensive, way out of many folks' price ranges. Where's that void going to be filled? Where are the people who can't afford a $50k+ truck going to get a new vehicle? There's not a new truck out there you can buy for $20k.
Many, many people never own a new car.
Used cars are their new cars.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #67
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
Crossover Utility Vehicles. Primarily the small (Trax, Encore, Compass, Ecosport, HR-V) and mid-sized (Equinox, Terrain, Escape, CR-V, Rav4, Rogue) CUVs. This transition is already happening at a RAPID pace. Best selling Toyota? Rav4, not Camry or Corolla as has been the case in the past.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #68
MuhThugga
Poppycock

Drives: Pontiac GTO
Traditional sedan sales are down across the board and CUV/SUV/truck sales have exploded.

Hell, just look at the Wrangler. 10 years ago, people were crying blasphemy over the four door version. Now, just about every Wrangler I see is a 4 door.

Last edited by MuhThugga; 04-27-2018 at 02:34 PM.
MuhThugga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:32 PM   #69
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I don't come to the same conclusion as you do from that article...Camaro and Corvette both serve the same purposes on different levels as the Mustang does for Ford...which is ALL they have...

Think about it - the ZL1 was the first car to utilize the 10-speed...lots of development behind that. Nurburgring times, burnout modes, etc...all exciting things. And the chassis dynamics can trickle down to other cars, constantly.

So long as the program will make money (which we won't know)...the sales figures are secondary to performance and building a great car.

GM has made similar decisions regarding reducing and discontinuing some cars, though not nearly as drastic as Ford. The shift in the auto industry from small cars to large CUVs and trucks has never been quite this dramatic, I think.
I agree.. Numbers don't tell the whole story.. Brand recognition and profit play a big roll as well, it's not just based off of sales numbers each month.

It really gets old coming to the forum excited about my Camaro SS and reading this crap about how its the end of the model. Same type post have been going on since the mid-year change on the GEN5....Really??

Last edited by Memphis SS; 04-27-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #70
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I agree.. Numbers don't tell the whole story.. Brand recognition and profit play a big roll as well, it's not just based off of sales numbers each month.

It really gets old coming to the forum excited about my Camaro SS and reading this crap about how its the end of the model. Same type post have being going on since the mid-year change on the GEN5....Really??

What I don't really understand is why some folks revel in the negativity...if something actually happened besides sales figures that indicated a threat to the future of Camaro.....sure.

But that hasn't happened. No extra money on the hood. No constant blow-out sales...new models are being released, refreshes being invested in (like it or no)...So...I'm with you. It's a silly obsession.

I took my car to work today, and it was fantastic. As Al O. says: It's a good day in Camaroland.