Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #15
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
What I'm wondering is which will we see first; Camaro Cross or Mustang X.

Performance CUV's are not some weird idea; Merc GLC63's, Audi's SQ5, Ford Edge ST, talk of an Explorer ST, BMW's X3 will receive an ///M Competition variant, even Chevy is dipping a toe in the water with their "Redline" packages.

Just food for thought.
Hell, Mitsubishi slapped the "Eclipse" name on their new SUV

Other than dropping the LS2 in the Trailblazer a decade ago, GM has not done too well with performance SUV's
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #16
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Fiat has quietly killed off Chrysler and Dodge cars..

All that's left of them is the now 12-year old 300/Charger
FCA makes way more on Jeep Sales and Ram sales than anything. We are on our 2nd Jeep Grand Cherokee and love it. I know the above to be true, as a friend of mine actually owns a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealer.

Its Here! Finally came home on 3-31-16! Red Hot 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Silver Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, 56W Split Spoke Wheels, Body color Hood vents, Body color Splash Guards and winter protection package.

Ordered 1-28-16: 1100
2-11-2016 :2000
2-15-2016: 3000 TPW of 3/7...That went quick!
2-26-2016: 3400 Status TPW 3/7
3-5-2016 : 3800
3-8-2016 : 4300
3-11-2016 : 4B00
3-15-2016 : 4200
3-22-2016 : 4800
3-29-2016 : 6000!
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #17
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I don't agree. I believe that today's buyers are more interested in a quality product. Unfortunately there are big ticket items like cars that just don't measure up quality wise to what you can buy overseas.

Don't get me wrong here and I'm not trying to start a fight here. I love my Camaro but I wouldn't own it if I didn't have something reliable in the garage to drive while its in the shop.

For the record, Mine has spent 37 days at the dealer since I bought it in March of last year. The other car hasn't needed a repair in 6 yrs and 103K miles.
The only problem with that argument is there is a generation that knows nothing about American cars. They think because they grew up strapped in the back seat of their mothers Honda that Honda must be better and still think American cars are 1980s quality, which was bad during those years when America was downsizing its cars. Also who here remembers when you could buy an American made Refridge or stove and it would last you 50 years? Now almost all are imported and will last maybe 10 years. Its called globalism and the selling out of America. By the way you should use the Lemon Law, there can be a lemon in any batch. Don't think foreign cars are immune.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 04-26-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: ww
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #18
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Gonna make those Ford showrooms pretty darn empty! Big move on Ford's part. Sounds like they're giving up on trying to compete with Honda, Toyota, and Mazda. Crying Uncle!
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I don't agree. I believe that today's buyers are more interested in a quality product. Unfortunately there are big ticket items like cars that just don't measure up quality wise to what you can buy overseas.

Don't get me wrong here and I'm not trying to start a fight here. I love my Camaro but I wouldn't own it if I didn't have something reliable in the garage to drive while its in the shop.

For the record, Mine has spent 37 days at the dealer since I bought it in March of last year. The other car hasn't needed a repair in 6 yrs and 103K miles.
The only problem with that argument is there is a generation that knows nothing about American cars. They think because they grew up strapped in the back seat of their mothers Honda that Honda must be better and still think American cars are 1980s quality, which was bad during those years when America was downsizing its cars. Also who here remembers when you could buy an American made Refridge or stove and it would last you 50 years? Now almost all are imported and will last maybe 10 years. Its called globalism and the selling out of America. By the way you should use the Lemon Law. Lemons or imperfections in every batch. Don't think foreign cars are immune. Walk into any foreign car shop and the beys are full like any other.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 04-26-2018 at 12:05 PM. Reason: dd
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #20
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Hell, Mitsubishi slapped the "Eclipse" name on their new SUV

Other than dropping the LS2 in the Trailblazer a decade ago, GM has not done too well with performance SUV's
Yeah, that's what sprang to mind. Elcipse -> Eclipse Cross. How long before a bean counter or two sees that the sales potential of utilizing a pony car's nameplate on a CUV makes too much sense to pass-up?

Enthusiasts will through a fit but if they keep the core coupes as well, there isnt much to be said. The general public masses will Probably jump on the idea.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:14 PM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
This is pretty simple economics to improve profitability. SUV's and trucks outsell cars, and also return more profit per unit sold compared to cars. Ford has decided not to compete in a less profitable segment of the market.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #22
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The only problem with that argument is there is a generation that knows nothing about American cars. They think because they grew up strapped in the back seat of their mothers Honda that Honda must be better and still think American cars are 1980s quality, which was bad during those years when America was downsizing its cars. Also who here remembers when you could buy an American made Refridge or stove and it would last you 50 years? Now almost all are imported and will last maybe 10 years. Its called globalism and the selling out of America. By the way you should use the Lemon Law. Lemons or imperfections in every batch. Don't think foreign cars are immune. Walk into any foreign car shop and the beys are full like any other.
There is thread here about pulling panels and putting felt tape to stop rattles. I drove 6 6th gen Camaros and EVERY one rattled around the door or center screen. My built in USA Mazda did not have a rattle for years. My 70%+ made in USA Accord, assembled in the USA, is 2.5 years old, driven daily and on vacation, and has ZERO rattles. The Camry is basically designed just for the American market

Just because the badge originated from a foreign country doesn't mean it doesn't support a ton of American workers. GM is looking to slowly transitioning to building in China and shipping here, while Mazda and Toyota are having a joint venture to build a massive new factory in the USA. Everything is going backwards, "buying American" isn't what it used to be
Old 04-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #23
Deakins

Drives: 2017 2ss, m6
It all sounds great until we see another large jump in oil-gas prices like we did several years ago...then all of sudden the SUV's and trucks can't move off the lots and a lot of owners are bailing on them as they can't afford the fuel costs. Heck, I still own a 1 ton 4wd that I scored a crazy deal on during that time. There needs to be balance as the market will cycle back around and CUV's\trucks won't be the in crowd item like they are now.
Deakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #24
awpti

Drives: 2017 1SS Camaro; 2016 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
America is dying in general...there is a whole new generation that just hates America and its products and it abilility to succeed. They will put their money on any product as long as its not American made.
This statement is pure inanity. Not insanity. Inanity.

Can you substantiate even a single line of it?

America is dying? What does this even mean?

There is a whole new generation that just hates America and it's products and ability to succeed? What generation is this? The boomers that sold out for a quick buck and ****ed all the following generations?

"They" will put their money on any product as long as it's not American-made? Who is "They"? The usage of that word belies conspiratorial thinking.
awpti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #25
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Mustang will survive because it’s Ford’s halo.

Camaro would die because it’s not. The Camaro died because GM didn’t want to make it worthwhile. It needed work but they didn’t care. It was cheaper to kill it.

Don’t think they won’t hesistate to do it again.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #26
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
I can see the argument from both sides and each has its point, but I see it from a different view as I run a national parts store, I sell more “import” parts than almost anything else, and if it wasn’t for the the suv-truck owners most parts stores would probably go under, because like the trucks themselves everything is overpriced. Just saying
Old 04-26-2018, 12:50 PM   #27
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by awpti View Post
This statement is pure inanity. Not insanity. Inanity.

Can you substantiate even a single line of it?

America is dying? What does this even mean?

There is a whole new generation that just hates America and it's products and ability to succeed? What generation is this? The boomers that sold out for a quick buck and ****ed all the following generations?

"They" will put their money on any product as long as it's not American-made? Who is "They"? The usage of that word belies conspiratorial thinking.
It’s easy for old guys to blame the young kids, while ignoring just how much the older generations screwed this country.
Old 04-26-2018, 12:51 PM   #28
WillTPIV

Drives: 2017 1lt V6 Hyper Blue NPP
And I thought the 2019 refresh thread was where the pessimists hung out. SUV's were the thing in the early 2000's and then gas prices shot up. This stuff fluctuates, and Ford still sells a massive amount of trucks. But when gas prices shoot up again hybrids and smaller cars will be the next trend.
WillTPIV is offline   Reply With Quote