Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #757
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
There's a demon that is running at my local track (Woodburn, Oregon) with a race fuel map, DR's and the skinnies and he's running in the 10.1X-10.2X range in the 136 zone...

I'm suspicious of the 9.8X claim as well, unless it was in mine shaft air and a track that could pull your shoes off.
Dodge claims 9.69. It’s not happening.

I’d like a link to a stock 9 second run if anyone has it. I can’t find one

I was very disappointed to see a demon only trapping 132. I’m assuming he only had 93. Same track same day my bolt on SS trapping 126. He did have the skinnies on.
132 isn’t gonna cut it against a 630 rwhp zl1 from a roll. And that’s just a dyno number. It could be a high reading or a low reading etc. there’s nothing to compare it to. I don’t care what the hp rating is or any of that. It’s a low 130s car on 93. I don’t think that’s enough to beat that zl1

Proof? Here’s a link to a YouTube video of my car. Read the comments. The Scat pack owner I spanked in the video comments and mentions the demon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNy_GFpcayE
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #758
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Who can afford to drive around the streets with race fuel in all the time? How it runs on the street with 93 is more realistic IMO.
If you're spending close to $100k for a car designed for one thing and a car you don't daily, race gas shouldn't break the bank. I've ran a race gas mix on my old cars for years. It's not that expensive.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:35 PM   #759
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Actually, I never specified ANYTHING. I simply replied to your comment. Truth is, there are a lot of items that will and do require dyno tuning. And I'm not the only one who's said as much, so clearly I know nothing about this...

Because most people driving a Demon aren't driving it around on racing fuel all the time is why. More to the point, most people aren't driving them around anyways... so it's kind of a moot point...
Ok it was shaffe who specified "dyno tuning" but you still quoted me when I told him he was wrong about that implying I was mistaken...I'm not...you're still wrong.

please tell me a mod that cannot be tuned for without a Dyno?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:38 PM   #760
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
If you're spending close to $100k for a car designed for one thing and a car you don't daily, race gas shouldn't break the bank. I've ran a race gas mix on my old cars for years. It's not that expensive.

I’d just do E85 conversion. Waste of money to pay for most fuels over it

Ftw purple shows some gains but the price is nutty
Old 05-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #761
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
This... hell i drove a Big Block Chevelle around on VP114 and was making $40k/yr
Old 05-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #762
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
This... hell i drove a Big Block Chevelle around on VP114 and was making $40k/yr
Sounds pretty smart. Way to go
Old 05-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #763
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Sounds pretty smart. Way to go
thx, it was 13:1 comp
Old 05-07-2018, 03:48 PM   #764
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Ok it was shaffe who specified "dyno tuning" but you still quoted me when I told him he was wrong about that implying I was mistaken...I'm not...you're still wrong.

please tell me a mod that cannot be tuned for without a Dyno?
Yes it was me and if I had a Mustang/Camaro and decided to throw a Whipple on it or procharger or whatever power adder you like I sure as hell wouldn't head down to the track without a tune. Now maybe getting a canned tune so you can drive it ok, but like I said I sure as hell wouldn't finish up the install and drive right to the track and beat the hell out of it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #765
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
I’d just do E85 conversion. Waste of money to pay for most fuels over it

Ftw purple shows some gains but the price is nutty
I mean that's your choice. E85 needs more pump and injectors and you use more volume of fuel and it's hard to find pure E85 year round. Flex is not always an option.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #766
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
I mean that's your choice. E85 needs more pump and injectors and you use more volume of fuel and it's hard to find pure E85 year round. Flex is not always an option.
Race fuel is the most inconvenient and expensive option possible though. It’s for sale nowhere.

You don’t need pure E85 for the benefit. My car runs about the same times with 60% on up. I’ve never even gotten a tank that was less than 65.

Just plain old random gas station E85
Old 05-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #767
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
thx, it was 13:1 comp
Dynamic compression decides what fuel you need to run
Old 05-07-2018, 03:56 PM   #768
shaffe

Quote:
Race fuel is the most inconvenient and expensive option possible though. It’s for sale nowhere
That's when you go the route my pops went and just have 55 Gallon drums delivered to your house. Much cheaper than buying it at the track and you always have it haha
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 05-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #769
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
The race I seen the car was on 93. The one nobody believes.

Who can afford to drive around the streets with race fuel in all the time? How it runs on the street with 93 is more realistic IMO.
Even without the race tune it shouldn't be getting walked at all.

Quote:
Dodge claims 9.69. It’s not happening.

I’d like a link to a stock 9 second run if anyone has it. I can’t find one

I was very disappointed to see a demon only trapping 132. I’m assuming he only had 93. Same track same day my bolt on SS trapping 126. He did have the skinnies on.
132 isn’t gonna cut it against a 630 rwhp zl1 from a roll. And that’s just a dyno number. It could be a high reading or a low reading etc. there’s nothing to compare it to. I don’t care what the hp rating is or any of that. It’s a low 130s car on 93. I don’t think that’s enough to beat that zl1

Proof? Here’s a link to a YouTube video of my car. Read the comments. The Scat pack owner I spanked in the video comments and mentions the demon

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNy_GFpcayE
http://www.hellcat.org/threads/demon...e-list.180457/

Granted these are all on a tire so I guess you can throw it out. But still, they're out there running these times. Maybe Dodge lied or maybe nobody has the skill to do it at this point. Who knows. But the car is still new and there are lots of them that have not been purchased yet. In time we'll see them running faster times as they get into the hands of people who are more capable. But right off the bat to be doing 9s on a tire shows their potential. Remember, this time last year there weren't any ZL1s running 11.4 (which GM claimed it would run) on our fast list...just sayin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yes it was me and if I had a Mustang/Camaro and decided to throw a Whipple on it or procharger or whatever power adder you like I sure as hell wouldn't head down to the track without a tune. Now maybe getting a canned tune so you can drive it ok, but like I said I sure as hell wouldn't finish up the install and drive right to the track and beat the hell out of it.
Custom remote tuning has come a long way. Lots of people are going that route instead of the typical dyno tune. They get a safe initial tune, datalog on the street as per the tuners orders, then get a revised tune, and so on until the tuner is satisfied that all is well.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #770
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Even without the race tune it shouldn't be getting walked at all.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/demon...e-list.180457/

Granted these are all on a tire so I guess you can throw it out. But still, they're out there running these times. Maybe Dodge lied or maybe nobody has the skill to do it at this point. Who knows. But the car is still new and there are lots of them that have not been purchased yet. In time we'll see them running faster times as they get into the hands of people who are more capable. But right off the bat to be doing 9s on a tire shows their potential. Remember, this time last year there weren't any ZL1s running 11.4 (which GM claimed it would run) on our fast list...just sayin...

Custom remote tuning has come a long way. Lots of people are going that route instead of the typical dyno tune. They get a safe initial tune, datalog on the street as per the tuners orders, then get a revised tune, and so on until the tuner is satisfied that all is well.
That is also true but goes back to my original point, if it requires that kind of tuning IMO it's not a bolt on, but that's just me

Last edited by shaffe; 05-08-2018 at 09:02 AM.