Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #743
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please, please, please tell me you aren't seriously believing that bit?
I daily drive a non-dyno tuned, once nitrous, now blown... 9 second car with an aftermarket fuel system. So yeah, I'm seriously believing that bit.

Maybe its only 8 second or faster cars that "require" dyno tuning or you just don"t know what you're talking about.

....spoiler alert. I'ts the latter
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #744
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Interesting, I wasn't aware a red light time counted for anything...because I certainly don't count those times at all...
Once the autostart is started by the guy running the tree, you can leave and the time will be the same no matter if you get a perfect reaction, leave early, or sit there for 30 seconds after the light turns green. If you get a timeslip with a time, it counts. Reaction times have zero effect on ET.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #745
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Why is the Demon bad from a roll? every internet pro racer has been claiming that weight becomes much less a factor in roll races. Cars capable of 135+ in the 1/4 dont become mediocre just because you started from 50mph.
I have zero experience with Dodge but perhaps this is a tranny issue? Is there some delay when leaving the transmission in auto mode? I would believe some traction issues on the Demon could cause a problem as well. But there are several people claming the Demon gets beat this way and that it is a disappointment.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #746
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
I daily drive a non-dyno tuned, once nitrous, now blown... 9 second car with an aftermarket fuel system. So yeah, I'm seriously believing that bit.

Maybe its only 8 second or faster cars that "require" dyno tuning or you just don"t know what you're talking about.

....spoiler alert. I'ts the latter
LOL okay buddy.... you've posted all about these "cars" you supposedly drive...but whatever...

And yes, mods do in fact require tuning on a car. Now, does that apply to all mods? Absolutely not. However, lets see you bolt in a cam and tell me it doesn't need any tuning at all...

I'll wait...
Old 05-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #747
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Quote:
LOL okay buddy.... you've posted all about these "cars" you supposedly drive...but whatever...

And yes, mods do in fact require tuning on a car. Now, does that apply to all mods? Absolutely not. However, lets see you bolt in a cam and tell me it doesn't need any tuning at all...

I'll wait...
modern cars need a tune for almost any change.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #748
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
The demon isn’t running anywhere near as fast as dodge claims for one.

Also on regular 93 it’s a 130-132 mph car. I just seen one at the track. Guy was clueless and running 11.5@132.

Most guys are getting 10.1 to 10.4 out of them. I think one person claims to have got somewhere in the 9.8s. And most suspect mods. Nobody can even get in the 9s at all. Dodge claims it will run 9.69. At this point most in the know are calling bs. It’s a low ten second car best case scenario with race fuel map
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #749
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:

I'll wait...
You specified "Dyno tuning" nice try walking it back.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #750
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Neither of those require dyno tuning so...

No mod “requires” dyno tuning.
Small shot maybe not, but if you think your just gonna throw a Whipple and head down to the track your gonna have a bad time.

Quote:
People used to be honest when racing? LOL , you have never been involved in any racing scene... especially when $ is involved. The shit gets so deep you could drown in it.
I agree with this. Maybe it's because the last racing I did was in a series for cash and points but I honestly don't recall people being honest when it comes to racing. I think the only time people have been honest is when a local mustang club had the track to ourselves. Other than that from my experience people always lied about what was done to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Actually, people for the most part were honest about mods in the past. Sometimes you'd get a few people who were liars. But not to the extent that we have now and seemingly mainly from the Ford crowd. I'm on lots of pages and forums. Hellcat guys, Z06 guys, ZL1 guys, and most other groups out there are all very honest about mods. They have to be because if I'm in my HC and claim to run this or that then there will be others who know better and will call me out about it. Same with ZL1s and others. The Mustang guys don't have that. They're the only ones who you have to dig and dig and dig and even after all that they still lie about all their mods. You know it's bad when even shops are doing it as mentioned and seen before.
I'll agree with you that when the shops are doing it its bad. I know they want to sell and want their package to seem the best but that kind of stuff can really damage a reputation. Joe Schmo however, at least in my experience they are usually not the most honest bunch. At least from what I have seen first hand.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:27 PM   #751
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post

Also on regular 93 it’s a 130-132 mph car. I just seen one at the track. Guy was clueless and running 11.5@132.

Most guys are getting 10.1 to 10.4 out of them. I think one person claims to have got somewhere in the 9.8s. And most suspect mods. Nobody can even get in the 9s at all. Dodge claims it will run 9.69. At this point most in the know are calling bs. It’s a low ten second car best case scenario with race fuel map
who cares what it runs on 93? If your run it to its full potential a 630whp ZL1 is not walking it from a roll.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #752
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Actually, I never specified ANYTHING. I simply replied to your comment. Truth is, there are a lot of items that will and do require dyno tuning. And I'm not the only one who's said as much, so clearly I know nothing about this...

Quote:
who cares what it runs on 93? If your run it to its full potential a 630whp ZL1 is not walking it from a roll.
Because most people driving a Demon aren't driving it around on racing fuel all the time is why. More to the point, most people aren't driving them around anyways... so it's kind of a moot point...
Old 05-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #753
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:

There's a demon that is running at my local track (Woodburn, Oregon) with a race fuel map, DR's and the skinnies and he's running in the 10.1X-10.2X range in the 136 zone...

I'm suspicious of the 9.8X claim as well, unless it was in mine shaft air and a track that could pull your shoes off.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #754
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Why is the Demon bad from a roll? every internet pro racer has been claiming that weight becomes much less a factor in roll races. Cars capable of 135+ in the 1/4 dont become mediocre just because you started from 50mph.
We finally agree on something.
Quote:
It's not just the Demon, the Hellcats suffer this issue too. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's a combination of transmission/traction issues.
Not true at all. My Hellcat does not have this issue. And nobody with a Hellcat on any of the forums or pages I frequent have ever mentioned this issue. Hellcats can beat ZL1s in a roll race and have been known to start edging out even the Z7 Z06 once over 150 MPH.
Quote:
We finally agree on something.
Quote:
It's not just the Demon, the Hellcats suffer this issue too. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's a combination of transmission/traction issues.
Not true at all. My Hellcat does not have this issue. And nobody with a Hellcat on any of the forums or pages I frequent have ever mentioned this issue. Hellcats can beat ZL1s in a roll race and have been known to start edging out even the Z7 Z06 once over 150 MPH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
I have zero experience with Dodge but perhaps this is a tranny issue? Is there some delay when leaving the transmission in auto mode? I would believe some traction issues on the Demon could cause a problem as well. But there are several people claming the Demon gets beat this way and that it is a disappointment.
Here is what I know so far.

The guitarmeggedon dude claims he beat 2 Demons in his 630 RWHP ZL1 with A10 trans which has only a tune and intake. I call BS on that because the M6 ZL1 guys are pullied with LTs and tune and they're making that number. So no way in Hell is a auto trans ZL1 with just a tune and intake getting those numbers. Anyway, on his video some people started making claims that the Demon falls on it's face after 135 MPH and that it is tuned that way from the factory. I don't know any of this to be true as it has never come up in discussions on the main HC forum I'm on. I think this kid's videos are staged or he has way more mods than he is admitting and that he is just trying to make himself look good to his fanboys. And I think the bullshit about the Demon being tuned that way makes no sense unless Dodge put a speed limiter on it. However seeing as how the Demons in this kid's videos are all getting walked from like 60 MPH I find none of this believable.

Second, some douchebag made a YT video claiming that he is very disappointed in his Demon because of the guitarmeggedon dude's video. He goes on a 10+ minute rant about how the Demon simply is a huge letdown and it can't beat anything out there. Meanwhile, this moron is basing all of his info on those two videos instead of actually driving his Demon and seeing for himself. According to him it was windy in the area he lives in and he couldn't drive his car since he got it because of the wind...

That's about all the info I have. Like I said, none of these issues have been mentioned on the HC pages or the Demon subforums on the HC forums. People have been taking these to the tracks and they're in the 9s and 10s trapping over 130 MPH. So I'm not sure how these idiotic rumors are being born but I haven't seen any evidence that this is legit.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 02:57 PM   #755
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

Check out the Demon sub-forums on Hellcat.org. Several of them are in the 9s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Small shot maybe not, but if you think your just gonna throw a Whipple and head down to the track your gonna have a bad time.
One of the shops on this forum claimed that you can bolt the Whipple blower on without a tune and it'll run just fine. They then said they "recommend" a tune but it is not necessary. I questioned them on it and they didn't feel obligated to answer me...
Quote:
Exactly my point. The ZL1 is lighter but it is still a heavy car. It is not light enough that with 630 RWHP it can walk a Demon. I could see if they slightly edged it out. I would still be skeptical but I could see it being possible. But when they're just straight up walking away from it I gotta call staged or BS on the video. Especially when none of these kids have any videos of them actually racing at a track or racing someone who seems to know what they're doing.
Quote:
That was Shaffe that specified "dyno tuning"...lol!! Simple mixup...
Quote:
Because most people driving a Demon aren't driving it around on racing fuel all the time is why. More to the point, most people aren't driving them around anyways... so it's kind of a moot point...
Without race fuel it is still on the 808 HP tune. Which, knowing Dodge and what they did with the HC, should equate to around 750 RWHP. Now maybe Dodge did tune it down at higher RPMs and speeds while on the standard 93 octane tune so as to not blow anything up. 750 RWHP (reliably and with full warranty) is a lot to ask out of a 93 octane tuned vehicle. It is certainly pushing the limits. But even without the race fuel ECU and tune I would think that it has enough HP to NOT get walked by a 630 RWHP ZL1. That just makes no sense. Plus, in all of these videos, why would any of these clowns show up specifically to race someone without the race ECU and gas in it? I mean, these races were all setup. So the Demon owners had plenty of time to load up the race tune and get some race gas in it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #756
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
The race I seen the car was on 93. The one nobody believes.

Who can afford to drive around the streets with race fuel in all the time? How it runs on the street with 93 is more realistic IMO.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote