Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #687
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
a converter is a bolt-on because it is not an internal part of either the motor or the trans. Is a motor/trans not stock when the clutch is swapped?SFI flywheel? When I put my ATI balancer on will I not be able to claim stock longblock?

the 5.0 guys from what I have seen claim bolts-ons +OPG's or stock longblock with OPG's.
Yes a clutch or flywheel would not be bolt ons to me. Supercharger and nitrous would be bolt on by your definition.

Another br0vention

.....Stock “with” lol
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #688
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The problem is that a lot of GT guys have a shit ton of work done to their cars but they only consider some of those things to be bolt-ons. So they all keep claiming that they have simple bolt-ons yet their mod list is a page and a half long.
Its not just GT owners that don't want to reveal mods. I'll pop my hood for you to look at it. All suspension parts are blue (Steeda) or red (BMR). I paid for it, don't see the need to hide it. But I am not going to rattle off the list of mods on my car. If you are in the know then you can figure it out.

PS. I don't care what you drive, if its fast or slow. Just have the right attitude IRL or at the track. I'll buy you a beer, soda, milkshake whatever and hangout.

PS. I have owned 17 mustangs (all years 68-2016), a 2000 Trans Am, & 2010 Camaro.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:13 AM   #689
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
rockers used to be a bolt on with the furd crew until they went ohc. now rockers aren't a bolt on and they can swing their cams with a tune. lol how convenient

converters being a bolt on has always boggled me. You have to remove the transmission and it is an internal part. im guessing its a bolt on because of so many years of gutless gt autos not pissing a drop without it. maybe now that they run hard without them converters will be taken off bolt on lists just like rockers. give it a few years...

changing the oil pump gears and still claiming bolt on is chapter 1 of br0 life. Plenty wont admit to it or conveniently leave out. and even if they do they still say they are bolt on cars half the time lol. who you kidding man?
I don't see how a torque converter is a bolt on.

Quote:
Yes a clutch or flywheel would not be bolt ons to me. Supercharger and nitrous would be bolt on by your definition.

Another br0vention

.....Stock “with” lol
to me a bolt on is a part you can swap directly out with a factor part using basic hand tools and almost no mechanical skills.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #690
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

to me a bolt on is a part you can swap directly out with a factor part using basic hand tools and almost no mechanical skills.
Pretty much how I feel too.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:33 AM   #691
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
I would also say that anything that requires dyno tuning is not a bolt on either. Blower/Nitrous
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:04 PM   #692
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameovergt View Post
Its not just GT owners that don't want to reveal mods. I'll pop my hood for you to look at it. All suspension parts are blue (Steeda) or red (BMR). I paid for it, don't see the need to hide it. But I am not going to rattle off the list of mods on my car. If you are in the know then you can figure it out.

PS. I don't care what you drive, if its fast or slow. Just have the right attitude IRL or at the track. I'll buy you a beer, soda, milkshake whatever and hangout.

PS. I have owned 17 mustangs (all years 68-2016), a 2000 Trans Am, & 2010 Camaro.
I'm not saying you should run off your list of mods to every Joe out there. But when you're racing someone, unless it is a "run what you brung" deal, then it is only fair to disclose your mods. If your NA GT beats a Z06 and you've got a 200 shot and someone says "yea you have either forced induction or nitrous" and you lie and say "no I just have bolt-ons", THAT is what I'm talking about. People used to be honest about what they have done to a car. But now people are completely dishonest and hide behind some type of "I race all the time and I don't wanna give away my secrets" type bullshit. I see it all the time especially with Mustang guys and especially when they're on anything but a Mustang forum or page. And it isn't about them racing, they do it because they want to make the Mustang look faster than it is or they wanna down play other faster cars. Heck they're doing it here and now with all this "simple bolt-on 18 GTs running low 11s", lol!!
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I would also say that anything that requires dyno tuning is not a bolt on either. Blower/Nitrous
The term "bolt-ons" is being used to down play the mods done to these cars and make it look like it's the car itself. Every day I'm hearing about Mustangs running in the low 11s and even in the 10s with "just simple bolt-ons"...yet they have a laundry list of items done. If you come rolling up in a GT on boost, with LTs, IM, torque converter, DRs, upgraded axles, and a custom tune, then your car is no longer a "bolt-on" car. It is a heavily modified car. Because that car's performance characteristics are nowhere even close to what it was stock. Simple bolt-ons won't change a vehicle's performance drastically. When SS Friendly was on here trying to say that the 18 GT was running this and that with DRs and a tune and then trying to discredit the tune and the tires by claiming that they don't make much of a difference, that is the attitude I'm talking about. And the Ford camp is doing it now more than anyone else.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #693
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Neither of those require dyno tuning so...

No mod “requires” dyno tuning.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #694
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
People used to be honest when racing? LOL , you have never been involved in any racing scene... especially when $ is involved. The shit gets so deep you could drown in it.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #695
ULTRAZLS1

I was shocked at how much an E85 tune combined with trans tuning improved my times. Nearly a half second from that alone. All the other mods have been small gains.

Yes the furd crowd is the worst. Even a well known shop was lying to everyone about the 10.7 car. It took several people’s questioning as well as sources from fb, forums and a web page to get all the mods. It was pretty funny. Right off the rip they left out gears and race fuel. Then more followed lol

I’d be pretty shocked if a shop/vendor had a car on here. Posted record breaking times and then proceeded to be dishonest over and over again. It wouldn’t go over well here. On m6g they laughed and moved on. It’s defininitly more of a culture in that crowd for sure. Because like I’ve said it’s all about mod 4 mod and downplaying them. I’m surprised it was even discovered honestly
Old 05-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #696
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
I’m surprised it was even discovered honestly
I'm not...

They waltzed over here with it, tried to parade it around, and got tossed out for BS in 2 seconds flat.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #697
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I'm not...

They waltzed over here with it, tried to parade it around, and got tossed out for BS in 2 seconds flat.
Lol

I’m talking about on the ther forum. One guy in the know called them out and it went from there. No one seemed to think much of it really
Old 05-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #698
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
People used to be honest when racing? LOL , you have never been involved in any racing scene... especially when $ is involved. The shit gets so deep you could drown in it.
Actually, people for the most part were honest about mods in the past. Sometimes you'd get a few people who were liars. But not to the extent that we have now and seemingly mainly from the Ford crowd. I'm on lots of pages and forums. Hellcat guys, Z06 guys, ZL1 guys, and most other groups out there are all very honest about mods. They have to be because if I'm in my HC and claim to run this or that then there will be others who know better and will call me out about it. Same with ZL1s and others. The Mustang guys don't have that. They're the only ones who you have to dig and dig and dig and even after all that they still lie about all their mods. You know it's bad when even shops are doing it as mentioned and seen before.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #699
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I was shocked at how much an E85 tune combined with trans tuning improved my times. Nearly a half second from that alone. All the other mods have been small gains.

Yes the furd crowd is the worst. Even a well known shop was lying to everyone about the 10.7 car. It took several people’s questioning as well as sources from fb, forums and a web page to get all the mods. It was pretty funny. Right off the rip they left out gears and race fuel. Then more followed lol

I’d be pretty shocked if a shop/vendor had a car on here. Posted record breaking times and then proceeded to be dishonest over and over again. It wouldn’t go over well here. On m6g they laughed and moved on. It’s defininitly more of a culture in that crowd for sure. Because like I’ve said it’s all about mod 4 mod and downplaying them. I’m surprised it was even discovered honestly
Yup. Exactly. And at some point it is not a simple bolt-on car...it is a heavily modded car. These guys out here with tune required intakes, IM, TB, LTs, axles, DRs, E85 and/or race gas tunes...at that point you're a heavily modded car. And even then the 15-17s were barely keeping up with stock 6th Gen Camaros. But they're all claiming simple bolt-ons.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #700
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Yeah I got a good laugh out of that one as well. If you think that the fast runs in this forum aren't stretching the truth as well you are one of those su!!ers born every minute. Race gas, tunes, E85, E85 mix, exhaust, weight reduction, etc, etc, forgetting to mention DRs, all that good stuff. But honestly I'm stock 😁
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote