Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 05-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #771
Stryker RS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
My initial impressions.

Kept the 5th gen roof shape
Deep indentations at bottom of doors will really show off ZL1 style rockers
Back ups on rear fascia are more discrete
Stingray inspired taillights (but are too thin)

Dislikes:

Hood belongs on a Hyundai Tiburon
Front headlights are an abortion
Pedestal spoiler on SS
Dovetail spoiler too small {again}
European side markers

Overall impression.... If I wanted a Lexus Coupe I'd buy one.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #772

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Place your bets:....Anything we have yet to see on the outside?...lol....I hope it all turns out positive...

Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #773
Mechzl1

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
It's not that it's an ugly car by any means, it's just that it doesn't look like a muscle car much. Chevy isn't the only one doing this, the new mustangs are doing the same thing. More sports car than muscle
Old 05-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #774
Stryker RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechzl1 View Post
It's not that it's an ugly car by any means, it's just that it doesn't look like a muscle car much. Chevy isn't the only one doing this, the new mustangs are doing the same thing. More sports car than muscle
Hit the nail on the head. More Euro sport than American muscle.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #775
Steelcoupe

Drives: Pontiac
If I could change one thing on the rear, it would be the diagonal character lines in the rear fascia. I see they are also on the front fascia, but for whatever reason every time I see the rear fascia my eye is drawn to them immediately. Not a deal killer, but they are a distraction to me (at least in the pics). I guess that would be my question if I was at the reveal would be; are those two lines form or function?
Old 05-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #776
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I don't know about you guys, but a stock SS currently does almost nothing for me. A 1le however, has me checking it out.

If you think the red car is bland...maybe it is, but it's not like it's a top model car.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #777
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Lmao at anyone saying this car is ugly, if its ugly then so is the 5th gen. If you don't like the tail lights, or the front end that's one thing, but there certainly isn't anything ugly about this car. I'm not too crazy about the rear bumper but I still haven't seen enough high quality pics of the car to pass final judgment. I think they did a great job with front end, the taillights look awesome, can't wait to see side profile pics. I think the hipo version with wide body is going to look insane.
You're right, it's not an ugly car, but nothing about it screams "Camaro", to me. To you r point, it looks too much like a regular GM sedan that they put some 5th Gen styling cues on. It definitely does not have the appeal that the 5th Gen did/does. Like they say, the sequel rarely lives up to the previous version, and I'd say it's true here, as well.

Last edited by titanfan; 05-16-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #778
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I don't know about you guys, but a stock SS currently does almost nothing for me. A 1le however, has me checking it out.

If you think the red car is bland...maybe it is, but it's not like it's a top model car.
Exactly. Look at a base model LS. It looks like a souped up Cobalt. Compare that to a ZL1 and you're wondering if it's the same car.

The awesome things about these cars is the hot spots are SO EASY TO CHANGE. Toss on a set of rims, a stripe kit or a new hood and you have an entirely new car. Who cares if you don't like the hood or the spoiler? They are cheap, easy fixes. So are the wheels. IMO the front end looks really nice. I will reserve judgment for the rear when I see more pics. I can't wait to see the various trim packages. The vehicle will come alive.

Look at a V6 Mustang vs the Roush Stage 2. Monster difference, folks. No difference here.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #779

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It will be a great car...the big question for Camaro's future will be how it sells....Many of us here will be on top of all the "numbers" related to the new Gen car itself...but we are in a very small minority...

Most will buy it based on how it looks, from a distance....The stakes are huge for GM...Perhaps the new Mustang caught GM by surprise...The current syling of the 5thGen re-fresh is miles behind the Mustang in sales.....Unless sales rebound with this 6thGen, the syling will get the blame for being too close to the "old" 5thGen...

Why would I care about sales?....Good numbers help it's longevity and improvement....I doubt GM would keep going with the Camaro should it only produce multi-year numbers similar to the Challenger....

I wish them luck.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:34 AM   #780
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
You're right, it's not an ugly car, but nothing about it screams "Camaro", to me. To you're point, it looks too much like a regular GM sedan that they put some 5th Gen styling cues on. It definitely does not have the appeal that the 5th Gen did/does. Like they say, the sequel rarely lives up to the previous version, and I'd say it's true here, as well.

These are barely the same car. The top car looks like a basic GM sedan, but in 2-door trim. The 6th gen will be no different. Wait for the appearance options.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #781
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

These are barely the same car. The top car looks like a basic GM sedan, but in 2-door trim. The 6th gen will be no different. Wait for the appearance options.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 05-16-2015, 09:37 AM   #782
Stryker RS

The disappointing thing is that everyone saw that Ford had gone more Euro with the Mustang and if they'd just kept an aggressive muscle look they could have murdered the Stang in the 6th geneneration.
Instead they treaded the same path.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:40 AM   #783
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker RS View Post
Hit the nail on the head. More Euro sport than American muscle.
2nd gen was a blatant ripoff of a Ferrari design so going euro wouldn't be a new concept.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:12 AM   #784
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
i agree with another poster good to know its being built in Michigan. Lost 'muscle look' but that only makes the rest of our cars that much better. I want GM to do well and hope they do. I thought it was gonna be a dramtic overhaul like that one pic that had the Malibu front couple years ago, i thought that was extremely sporty. Good luck GM but i hope the next design is crazy nuts like the 5th Gen, that car blew minds of everybody, still does. Bring that guy in that designed it have him do the next one.

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....

Closed Thread