Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-11-2018, 08:03 AM   #1
Sleepy80

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Magnetic Number

I have not quite figured out how to efficiently search this site so forgive me for bringing up a topic that has been discussed. Where is the best place to get some type of magnetic number, or whatever you guys are using on the sides of your car during track days?
Sleepy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
I use vinyl numbers on the rear quarter windows. I got those at an event and just never removed them. Otherwise, I'd use tape on the rear quarter windows. I try not to put anything on the paint but that's a personal preference.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #3
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
I ordered my magnetics through TrackDecals and have been very happy and have had no issues at higher/top speeds. Below are links to both that were referenced at some point on the forum... the first site is what I found to used by more of the reputable track guys on the forum when I researched. Good luck

https://www.trackdecals.com

https://www.soloperformance.com
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Local sign shop. Just be sure to clean back of magnets each time you put them on and remove in clean non-wiping motion.

You can even design your own, send design to shop to cut/assemble. Something as simple as powerpoint can be exported our for cutting.
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
I ordered my magnetics through TrackDecals and have been very happy and have had no issues at higher/top speeds. Below are links to both that were referenced at some point on the forum... the first site is what I found to used by more of the reputable track guys on the forum when I researched. Good luck

I love my magnets from trackdecals.com, I've ran them at 3-4 track weekends though I finally had my first instance of them flying off at high speed :( I lost my drivers side magnet at Summit Point last month, I think it was mainly due to the cold making the magnets really stiff, nonetheless I lost it on the front stretch somewhere between 100-145mph lol tape the leading edge to be safe guys!
Old 12-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #6
94boosted

Drives: ‘17 1LE, ‘17 BMW 340, ‘18 F-150
I've been running magnets from https://www.soloperformance.com and have had good luck, an entire season worth of events and they didn't come off plus you can't beat the price
Old 12-11-2018, 10:51 AM   #7
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
I find magnetic numbers degrade overtime, they start out great for the first few uses but then have issues. Reusable numbers that you stick on the window might be better.
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have one used to have 2 but lost one at a track event lol they are magnetic but i also use tape just in case
Old 12-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
I find magnetic numbers degrade overtime, they start out great for the first few uses but then have issues. Reusable numbers that you stick on the window might be better.
You have to keep them clean
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #10
JD_

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE in Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post

I have used both of these sellers as well. Like FNxR3DNECK noted, a good tape on the leading edge of the numbers reduces the risk they might lift off. Here is my magnetic number from TrackDecals at Summit Point. I used Track Armour tape and it held all day, even in near freezing temps:
Attached Images

JD_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #11
Ventura 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Agree you have to keep them clean. Wipe the backside and microfiber the surface of the car. For assurance you can tape down the leading edge as well.
Ventura 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #12
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
When you get your numbers, ask shop for piece of corrugated plastic that you can cut and make a rigid folder to carry them after events, that way they stay FLAT.

If its cold in morning when applying them, lay them on hot engine for few minutes to soak up some heat, they will get pliable enough to confirm to door curvature.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:20 PM   #13
SpazmXylam
Because Racecar!

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I bought a roll of magnetic sheet and some stencils off amazon. In total i think i am $30 invested with most of the magnet roll remaining. (weighed about 30 lbs)

I painted them black so I could use them on a white car too.

No issues with them coming off either. Have seen a little over 130 MPH @ BIR
Attached Images

SpazmXylam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:16 PM   #14
slvrsrpnt

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazmXylam View Post
I bought a roll of magnetic sheet and some stencils off amazon. In total i think i am $30 invested with most of the magnet roll remaining. (weighed about 30 lbs)

I painted them black so I could use them on a white car too.

No issues with them coming off either. Have seen a little over 130 MPH @ BIR
i use the same number, all the fun ones were taken so I chose the displacement
slvrsrpnt is offline   Reply With Quote