Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 10-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #57
desertmonkey

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
There is these little rubber plastic looking plugs around the doors. After some time or right away they can rattle. I stopped this by touching them with a slight dab of super glue reinstalling them (5min total) and never heard rattle since. The rear had a slight rattle at one point but i put some padding in the rear speaker location and kinda pushed it out so the noise is now gone. Other then that i cant think of many other places other then the trunk area but no issues there...

This was posted way back almost 2 years ago so its kinda lost in the forums but here was the response from the member at the time that worked for me after following.

Originally Posted by MrNoMercy
#1 thing you can try to see if it gets rid of it. Remove the plastic access plugs at the bottom of the door. There are two of them and they are square. Take them out one at a time starting with the one closest to the back of the car. If that fixes the rattle then use flocking tape or dynamat to wrap it with. That should fix it. I cannot stress this enough though. Do not use any flocking tape or dynmat on any moving parts. This is what was done by the dealer to fix mine.
Thanks! I'm going to try this!
desertmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:39 PM   #58
WannaKatana

Drives: 2016 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivey_usmc View Post
Ive been looking and cant find a answer. Is getting a 6Gen with the Bose audio worth the extra money? I like clean sound and a little base, Nothing close to comp level.
I think it sounds great. I would like a little more volume however, crisper highs and deeper bass which, as with any stock stereo, requires an aftermarket install.

It's not good enough for me in other words but it's pretty good for a stock system. It really subjective. It depends on how much of an audiophile you are.

If you listen to a good aftermarket SQ system, it's a universe of a difference in sound quality, range and volume. Night and day.
WannaKatana is offline   Reply With Quote