Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2021, 01:19 AM   #1
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Carfax Car Care value LOLs

So the trade in value of my car according to Carfax as of right now with my mileage of just under 23,000 is $24,800 LOL for a 2016 Camaro 2SS with NPP, auto.

I know that's WAY off compared to what dealers are offering right now for it.

Just thought it was funny.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:22 AM   #2
srcstc

Try Carvana. It’ll be in the 30s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
HypeBlueZL1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Try Vroom. It'll be in the 40s.
HypeBlueZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:14 PM   #4
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I laughed at Vroom a month ago when they offered $42k. Two weeks later they offered $47k. I laughed again when they said “We don’t negotiate.”
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:36 PM   #5
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
I laughed at Vroom a month ago when they offered $42k. Two weeks later they offered $47k. I laughed again when they said “We don’t negotiate.”

Ha. So they would have to sell that car for even more. is yours the LE?

If not why would I pay 50 plus for a used 2021 2SS when I can buy a used one for cheaper from a regular car lot?

I said it before Vroom offering over KBB for these cars making razor thin profits, and listing them for thousands more than car lots. I think they're trying to buy as many cars as they can, hence why they're offering ridiculous amounts. Hogging as much inventory as possible to they get a big chunk of the used market share. Then you have no choice you gotta pay more.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:27 PM   #6
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
So the trade in value of my car according to Carfax as of right now with my mileage of just under 23,000 is $24,800 LOL for a 2016 Camaro 2SS with NPP, auto.

I know that's WAY off compared to what dealers are offering right now for it.

Just thought it was funny.
I just checked mine. Carfax trade-in was $25,270 with about 25,500 miles. Vroom offer was $27,647. 2016 1SS A8, GM 6-piston, MRC, and suede knee pads are about the only factory options.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:44 PM   #7
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagstar View Post
I just checked mine. Carfax trade-in was $25,270 with about 25,500 miles. Vroom offer was $27,647. 2016 1SS A8, GM 6-piston, MRC, and suede knee pads are about the only factory options.

I'm not looking to trade, just the automated carfax email report I get.

The vRoom offer seems low compared to what others are getting. I found that carfax to be comical especially since mine is 2ss and low miles. That car would go for 39k depending on dealer right now.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:44 PM   #8
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
cause you are using trade in value, KBB is always low, check the private sale price bet it's high 30s if not 40.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:19 AM   #9
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Looks like Vroom just sold my car for $1500 over what they paid me.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #10
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
Looks like Vroom just sold my car for $1500 over what they paid me.

Then when you factor in freight, insurance, employee wages, rental on storage and buildings, that is not profitable, a sale like that. Overpaying you for your car and then selling it at an inflated price, but not much over cost.

They're paying $$ for used cars and then selling them over the market value and low profit margins.

IMO personally right now they're paying top dollar for cars because they're trying to get a strangle hold on the inventory for used cars and have the largest share of the market. Even though short term this cuts into their profits, in the long term it allows them to dominate the market, and then sadly companies like this and Carvana will be the main players and largely determine market price.

It's just like the cell phone providers. Only a VERY small number of them. They all have similar, high prices because no competition.

So take a Camaro. They buy the inventory up from people like yourself because they offer thousands more than a dealer. The dealers then have very few Camaros of your choice to sell you. If you really want one then you gotta go to vRoom and pay $$$$.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:35 PM   #11
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Then when you factor in freight, insurance, employee wages, rental on storage and buildings, that is not profitable, a sale like that. Overpaying you for your car and then selling it at an inflated price, but not much over cost.

They're paying $$ for used cars and then selling them over the market value and low profit margins.

IMO personally right now they're paying top dollar for cars because they're trying to get a strangle hold on the inventory for used cars and have the largest share of the market. Even though short term this cuts into their profits, in the long term it allows them to dominate the market, and then sadly companies like this and Carvana will be the main players and largely determine market price.

It's just like the cell phone providers. Only a VERY small number of them. They all have similar, high prices because no competition.

So take a Camaro. They buy the inventory up from people like yourself because they offer thousands more than a dealer. The dealers then have very few Camaros of your choice to sell you. If you really want one then you gotta go to vRoom and pay $$$$.
“I wonder what the Nazi’s want all this gas for? Oh well, I’m making a killing!”
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:13 PM   #12
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Ha. So they would have to sell that car for even more. is yours the LE?

If not why would I pay 50 plus for a used 2021 2SS when I can buy a used one for cheaper from a regular car lot?
it must be a LE. the Limited Edition camaros are certainly more valuable.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:35 PM   #13
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
16-current Camaros(SS and Z's) have become unicorn priced in my area over the last year at the retail level. They are so high now you may as well wait to buy a new one when they go back into production.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:17 PM   #14
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
16-current Camaros(SS and Z's) have become unicorn priced in my area over the last year at the retail level. They are so high now you may as well wait to buy a new one when they go back into production.

And they don't move much. I notice some of the Carvana and vRoom SSs have had price reductions recently though. within 50 miles there are hardly any used Camaros as well around here. I found this one.

Even before the shortage got bad it wasn't easy finding a Camaro new or used around here.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Type=spotlight