Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-18-2017, 01:15 AM   #1
pabloss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Need louder exhaust

I have a muffler delete and a x pipe but doesnt sound loud enough.i wanna add a h pipe to make it louder but seems like nobody sells h pipes for 2010 ss.do you guys think that if I replace the x pipe for just two straight pipes after the cats would it make it louder? Would it hurt the engine if I do that? Please help
pabloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:52 AM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
The X pipe usually offers a bit more performance to be had, although negligible in most scenarios. It is ideal for exhaust gas scavenging. The factory piping has an H pipe stock, you could always reuse that one. As far as sound, loudness usually doesn't change so much as the tone that is affected between H and X pipes. As far as straight pipes, sound won't be all that different and you'll be losing the ability to scavenge gases so a loss in power will result in that.

In my opinion, keep the X pipe and muffler delete. If you want it to be louder, invest in a set of longtube headers (shorty headers if you can't get longtubes due to smog/warranty reasons). Plenty of budget headers to be had at very reasonable prices. Do some research and see what the best course of action is for your desired outcome; this topic has been covered time and time again. Good luck!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
If sound is what you're after go with some high flow cats. Long tube headers and high flow cats are your better, but you're in CA so no go with that.

As for your H pipe vs. X pipe vs. two straight pipes question, here is a great video put together by engine masters that will give you information on what you were asking.
Straight Pipe vs. H pipe vs. X pipe
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
just get some electric cut outs for the exhaust and call it a day your in communifornia.....
Old 10-18-2017, 06:47 AM   #5
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
It would sound like crap with no crossover. You need an H or an X somewhere in the system.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
H/F cats or like Mike said...cutouts....
Old 10-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #7
Rob Russell

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
just get some electric cut outs for the exhaust and call it a day your in communifornia.....

+1 it would definitely be the easier route if you’re on a budget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #8
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Longtube headers, To custom high flow cats, to Xpipe, to NPP mufflers

Cold Start
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #9
MrTwenty6

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Recommend NOWeeds cutouts, its basically an open engine at that point.
MrTwenty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:48 PM   #10
The Wanderer

Drives: Blaze Red 2014 2SS/RS
Long tube headers, hi-flo- cats, borla cat back exhaust with attak mufflers.....it is insane
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:01 PM   #11
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
BTW you do not want no cross over you have to equalize the exhaust pulses of you will loose some power due to knock retard most likely IMO.....and as I said before you in communifornia you could do shortie headers.? .not much sound better, some could use the higher flow cats from a vendor, ( SOLO), but you would only gain so much sound, if you want better performance though I do believe the edelbrock eforce supercharger is CARB approved. There are solo high flows made for shorties but on how they do inspection wise.?..I imagine the shorties can be had CARB approved but gain less than long tubes considerably. SO cutouts and a edelbrock SC......LOL My advice...... or research the solos and shorties and their issue with tune if needed and clearing smog..... others have had shorties and high flows most likely on here before from CAL and you may want to check the regional posts.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #12
pabloss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it ��
pabloss is offline   Reply With Quote