Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-12-2021, 01:39 PM   #1
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Rev9 vs Mishimoto intercooler

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Rev9 intercooler? I know the Mishimoto one is supposed to be great with excellent build quality, but it's $611. The Rev9 one is $349. I wouldn't generally inquire about "the cheap option" but I've heard of Rev9 so I feel like they are reputable. I read reviews and people say "you get what you pay for" with the Mishimoto. I didn't even know the Rev9 existed before today. I have the Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes.. but I've been trying to save for the Mishimoto one for months but stuff keeps coming up. 350 I could do with any one paycheck no problem.

I've replaced everything else on the intake side from the filter to the throttle body, so the intercooler is my main choke point.

Thanks in advance!
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #2
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
I know there are a few aftermarket "drop in replacement" all aluminum intercoolers that fit like the Mishimoto. They all look to be manufactured the same (which means they are all probably the same product).

I am sure the Rev9 is basically that same aftermarket unit.

Why not give it a shot and post up how well it comes together. Someone has to be the first to dive in.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:40 AM   #3
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I would go with the Mishimoto. They make high quality parts that perform. And they will fit like OEM.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote