Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #183
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
No hassle pricing, over 200 locations in the U.S. Free shipping on the majority of vehicles if your location doesn't have a particular vehicle. As for appointments. A lot of car max locations (due to the virus) are by appointment only unfortunately. You can go online and setup a appointment before hand btw.

Again, their cars typically cost at least 4k MORE than what you can get on a local lot and their cars typically have more miles on them than the ones on the dealer lots as well. At least when it comes to the Camaro and Mustang when I was shopping around. Not that I would ever buy it from them but when I was on auto trader looking at cars the Camaros and stangs were at least 4 grand more than the dealers at the time.

Appointments are a joke. At no time did my local dealers do this. Even told me to take my silly mask off as well when in the finance office.

I've also heard a lot of issues about their cars as well. I'd rather go to a traditional car lot and inspect the car myself in person and drive it. I'm a straight shooter with the sales man and manager. I don't waste their time. Give me a fair deal and you got a customer. I don't see how some people have issues when buying cars. Biggest pain is the finance paperwork even that's getting better with the computer age now it's quicker here in Florida.

I think a lot who buy from Carmax, vRoom, Carvana don't have a credit history. So they're able to get loans easier at like 14 percent. In house financing must be where the money is made with them since they buy the cars at a high price from us.

I also think IMO why these car places are paying a higher price for used cars is because they're trying to tie up all the inventory for used cars right now. If vRoom and Carmax buy up the used inventory then that's less for the dealers to have on their lots. Then people end up going to vRoom, Carvana or Carmax when they can't find what they want. IMO that's their strategy right now is to hog the used car inventory even if they take a thin profit margin they make it up on financing at high interest rates to people with little credit.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:02 PM   #184
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Big surprise, I've only been saying this for the past how many months. This is economics 101. Also, most people were underwater with their vehicle loans before this crazy market.

Welcome to the USA. Buy things you can't afford, to impress people you don't know, with the money that you don't have.

This is what I dobt understand with people buying these base c8s for 100k+. When this is all over they r ****ed.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:06 PM   #185
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Side note. Wife wanted to trade in her 2017 elantra (79k miles) for a 2021 Santa fe. We figured with used car prices being crazy and the deer not marking up the Santa fes, why not. Msrp on hers was 38k. Got them down to 35k as well as the bs tint/wheel locks/door edging stuff. They gave her 10.8k for the elantra and she put another 3k down. She's getting a few $$ coming her way and she will end up paying it off in a few months.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:16 PM   #186
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
This is what I dobt understand with people buying these base c8s for 100k+. When this is all over they r ****ed.
I don't get it either. same with civic type r, 50k used 1ss 1LEs , GT350s.. were barely over 40 this time last yesr now it's mid 50s.

I hope the people buying are at least getting 5-6k more for their trade ins than they usually would
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:28 AM   #187
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Read two articles already talking about used car prices dropping. Soon as we see more new cars on lots, it's over.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:57 AM   #188
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Read two articles already talking about used car prices dropping. Soon as we see more new cars on lots, it's over.
Still long time. Market is so messy, it will take some time to settle down.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #189
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Still long time. Market is so messy, it will take some time to settle down.
I don't think it'll take that long. dealers will stop making ridiculous offers for trades as soon as they have inventory again.

it might take vroom/carvana a little longer to bring down their offers but if they aren't getting rid of the stuff they already bought, it'll make those offers drop even faster.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:00 PM   #190
WHealy

Drives: 21 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
I don't think it'll take that long. dealers will stop making ridiculous offers for trades as soon as they have inventory again.

it might take vroom/carvana a little longer to bring down their offers but if they aren't getting rid of the stuff they already bought, it'll make those offers drop even faster.
Dealers don't want to purchase ridiculous offers ... they want to sell ridiculous offers!

I think most are thinking this will be going on through the remainder of the year at least. Here's an issue that goes hand and hand with this.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/h...wing-gms-lead/
WHealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:51 PM   #191
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHealy View Post
Dealers don't want to purchase ridiculous offers ... they want to sell ridiculous offers!

I think most are thinking this will be going on through the remainder of the year at least. Here's an issue that goes hand and hand with this.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/h...wing-gms-lead/
that's my point exactly. Dealers are making ridiculous offers on trades right now due to the fact they kind of have to and used car demand is high.

When new cars start getting back into a more regular swing, they won't be offering top dollar for used cars anymore, which means less people will part with their cars. The article goes hand-in-hand with it trade offers declining. If they don't have to compete with Carvana/Vroom/Carmax, that means they'll offer you less. So you'd likely ground the lease if you're looking at a different brand.

it's all dependent on when new car inventory starts to replenish
Old 07-11-2021, 06:44 PM   #192
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Once the supply chain issues get under control new car inventory will start showing up on the lots and used car prices will drop like a rock. We all know the dip is coming it is just a matter of how much longer. Some analysts say 6-8 months? I unloaded one of my cars a couple weeks ago since the value was up about $7k in the past 4 months. Not just sit back and wait for the dip.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote