Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Wildhammer Motorsports


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Joey Soul
The Mechanic
 
Joey Soul's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS M
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 54
Quoting/replies notification?

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on notifications for when someone quotes a post you made or comments in a thread you made? I came from a forum for a different car with this exact same layout and use to get notifications of such things so im not sure if its possible with this one.
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 24,906
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn on notifications for when someone quotes a post you made or comments in a thread you made? I came from a forum for a different car with this exact same layout and use to get notifications of such things so im not sure if its possible with this one.
When you, specifically, are quoted? Not that I know of. But you can set things so that after you've posted in a thread you will get a notice the next time someone else makes a post.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
ChibiBlackSheep

 
ChibiBlackSheep's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southeast, PA
Posts: 1,442
Yeah, you can change your subscription settings, and then notifications on threads, but nothing specifically about being quoted. I don't think vbulletin handles that.
__________________

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS | 1968 Camaro SS | 2000 Monte Carlo SS | 2018 Regal TourX
ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
Joey Soul
The Mechanic
 
Joey Soul's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS M
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 54
i will check the settings for that, I don't want to know what everyone says in a large thread but I'd like to know when someone is responding or questioning me specifically you know what I mean?
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 24,906
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
i will check the settings for that, I don't want to know what everyone says in a large thread but I'd like to know when someone is responding or questioning me specifically you know what I mean?
No can do, as far as I know.

I've been on forums for 15 years, give or take, and I follow threads to see if there is anything interesting being said in them -regardless of whether its directed at me. I learn more about the topic & the site gets better discussions that way.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #6
Joey Soul
The Mechanic
 
Joey Soul's Avatar
 
Drives: 1SS M
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No can do, as far as I know.

I've been on forums for 15 years, give or take, and I follow threads to see if there is anything interesting being said in them -regardless of whether its directed at me. I learn more about the topic & the site gets better discussions that way.
very true
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.