Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 12-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #379
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Even at 51, I can still learn something new.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #380
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
Competition doesn't matter when it comes to mustang. Yeah, sounds arrogant, but for whatever reason people just eat up specialty model mustangs...especially anything with the Shelby name.
How can you say that when clearly all these changes done to the GT are to keep up with the SS? And again, 99% of your time here is spent on a thread revolving around competition, lol!! There are way too many competitive vehicles out there that aren't demanding ADMs for these dealerships to get away with it. Unless the consumers are that dumb that they'll still buy the cars instead of holding out. Look at how many people have passed up the GT350(R) for ZL1s and Z06s or more expensive cars simply because the ADMs put the Shelby in price ranges of $90K+ exotics. LOL!! Well all I can do is speak for myself. Depending on what the GT500 comes with I'll be in line. But if there is even one markup then I'll be looking elsewhere...like a Z06, ZR1, GTR, R8, something like that.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #381
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Even at 51, I can still learn something new.
Well technically if you're at a Test and Tune night (as they call it up here in NJ), then it is true that it doesn't start timing you until you cross the beam. However, you get only 5 seconds before it actually DOES starts counting, lol!! So once the green light shows you have 5 seconds to start your run. If you go before the 5 seconds then it starts when you cross that beam. If you wait more than 5 seconds then each additional tenth of a second that you wait counts towards your time. I'm not sure if other tracks do it differently or whatever. There have been plenty of times where I sat at the green light and took a nice deep breath before starting my run. It is good to do that every now and then if you're looking to get the best possible time.

I'm gonna guess he did a mid to low 12. Like a 12.4.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #382
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
How can you say that when clearly all these changes done to the GT are to keep up with the SS? And again, 99% of your time here is spent on a thread revolving around competition, lol!! There are way too many competitive vehicles out there that aren't demanding ADMs for these dealerships to get away with it. Unless the consumers are that dumb that they'll still buy the cars instead of holding out. Look at how many people have passed up the GT350(R) for ZL1s and Z06s or more expensive cars simply because the ADMs put the Shelby in price ranges of $90K+ exotics. LOL!! Well all I can do is speak for myself. Depending on what the GT500 comes with I'll be in line. But if there is even one markup then I'll be looking elsewhere...like a Z06, ZR1, GTR, R8, something like that.
This has nothing to do with the SS and GT, perhaps I should have clarified. This is only in regards to specialty mustangs.

The Shelby nameplate is an anomaly, plain and simple. People pay admin because they need to own what they believe will be a piece of history....and as long as Ford doesn't make too many, they should hold their value pretty well.

In regards to vehicle values, performance isn't the only determining factor.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #383
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Well technically if you're at a Test and Tune night (as they call it up here in NJ), then it is true that it doesn't start timing you until you cross the beam. However, you get only 5 seconds before it actually DOES starts counting, lol!! So once the green light shows you have 5 seconds to start your run. If you go before the 5 seconds then it starts when you cross that beam. If you wait more than 5 seconds then each additional tenth of a second that you wait counts towards your time. I'm not sure if other tracks do it differently or whatever. There have been plenty of times where I sat at the green light and took a nice deep breath before starting my run. It is good to do that every now and then if you're looking to get the best possible time.

I'm gonna guess he did a mid to low 12. Like a 12.4.
11.89 bone stock pp car
Old 12-13-2017, 08:41 PM   #384
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the SS and GT, perhaps I should have clarified. This is only in regards to specialty mustangs.

The Shelby nameplate is an anomaly, plain and simple. People pay admin because they need to own what they believe will be a piece of history....and as long as Ford doesn't make too many, they should hold their value pretty well.

In regards to vehicle values, performance isn't the only determining factor.
Bullshit. People pay ADMs because they wanna make a buck and they think a car is a good investment. Notice when this started happening? Right after people saw how the Ford GT soared in value. Ever since then people have been trying to find the next car that would do it. They paid ADMs for the HC and it failed. They did the same thing for the GT350(R) and it ain't happening. They're trying to do it with the Demon and it ain't gonna happen. At some point people will stop being stupid and realize that a $20K markup on a $65K car is a horrible investment idea, lol!!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #385
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bowties View Post
11.89 bone stock pp car
Yea I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #386
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Yea I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.
It would be nice to have a time slip right? Lol
Old 12-14-2017, 07:20 AM   #387
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Unlike GM, Ford already created a mess by adding the 350 into the mix. That put another car inbetween the GT and the GT500, which just increases cost.
Yes and no.

Variation does add cost. However models versus options are a much better way to go about that from a build variation process.

The amount of factory accessories, stripe kits, ect. you can order with a Camaro drives way more sequencing cost then an additional bucketed model.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #388
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Competition doesn't matter when it comes to mustang. Yeah, sounds arrogant, but for whatever reason people just eat up specialty model mustangs...especially anything with the Shelby name.
I dont mean to sound rude, its just lack of common sense. All these fools that paid ADM on non-R's and you can buy a lightly used one for $50K.

It's just illogical as hell!
Old 12-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #389
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I dont mean to sound rude, its just lack of common sense. All these fools that paid ADM on non-R's and you can buy a lightly used one for $50K.

It's just illogical as hell!
You are correct those who paid above MSRP are getting hammered now, just like the folks who paid the adjustments on the Z28s. Those who have to have the brand new introductions at MSRP or above will take a significant loss. Those who are patient and wait for the dealer discounts, or used depreciation will do much better.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
Old 12-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #390
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68fbjjz109 View Post
Yes and no.

Variation does add cost. However models versus options are a much better way to go about that from a build variation process.

The amount of factory accessories, stripe kits, ect. you can order with a Camaro drives way more sequencing cost then an additional bucketed model.

I think you missed my point however. Currently, the Mustang lineup goes like this...

GT350
GT
Ecoboost

If they add in the GT500 and change nothing else, it becomes like this..

GT500
GT350
GT
Ecoboost.

The Camaro lineup is simply SS or ZL1....no inbetween car. If Ford keeps the GT350 in production, its going to either have to take a price hit or its going to jack the price up on both the GT350 and the 500.

One of the earlier posters mentioned that they would expect the GT350 production to end, and I think that's probably the more realistic thing to happen. This eliminates a car between....

Chrysler has had a similar issue with the V8 models for their cars too...with the R/T, SRT8 392, Hellcat, and now the Demon...
Old 12-14-2017, 08:04 AM   #391
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
You are correct those who paid above MSRP are getting hammered now, just like the folks who paid the adjustments on the Z28s. Those who have to have the brand new introductions at MSRP or above will take a significant loss. Those who are patient and wait for the dealer discounts, or used depreciation will do much better.
Exactly!

Manufacturers can prevent these issues by just producing enough for demand.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #392
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I think you missed my point however. Currently, the Mustang lineup goes like this...

GT350
GT
Ecoboost

If they add in the GT500 and change nothing else, it becomes like this..

GT500
GT350
GT
Ecoboost.

The Camaro lineup is simply SS or ZL1....no inbetween car. If Ford keeps the GT350 in production, its going to either have to take a price hit or its going to jack the price up on both the GT350 and the 500.

One of the earlier posters mentioned that they would expect the GT350 production to end, and I think that's probably the more realistic thing to happen. This eliminates a car between....

Chrysler has had a similar issue with the V8 models for their cars too...with the R/T, SRT8 392, Hellcat, and now the Demon...
The Camaro lineup is LS, LT, SS, and ZL1 with 4 different engines. So technically GM is more complex than them.

Also what issues have Dodge had? They have been running a huge number of models for awhile. Currently it's, SXT, GT, R/T, R/T Scat Pack, T/A, SRT, Hellcat, and now Demon. That's not even including the Shaker trims and 392/5.7L options in some.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)

Closed Thread