Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 08-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #57
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post

Not bad. That is pretty accurate with the front it seems.

Appears they are keeping the Ford image.
All the ragging on the Fusion front end...when I first saw the fusion I immediately thought they were bringing the Mustang face to the Ford Family. That's cool by me. Maybe you can get GM to bring the next gen Camaro face to the line-up too, then we'd all have better looking cars.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #58
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysalis_01 View Post
Utilizes a "corporate face".
Well, sure on the regular vehicles. Camaro looks like nothing else in the stables and neither does the Corvette. Both of those names dont need the Chevy in front of them. Same as the Mustang.

The Mustang did not need the Aston Martin corporate face.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #59
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Well, sure on the regular vehicles. Camaro looks like nothing else in the stables and neither does the Corvette. Both of those names dont need the Chevy in front of them. Same as the Mustang.

The Mustang did not need the Aston Martin corporate face.
I believe Ford was just taking their face back after Aston nicked it in the first place.
Attached Images

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #60
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
All the ragging on the Fusion front end...when I first saw the fusion I immediately thought they were bringing the Mustang face to the Ford Family. That's cool by me. Maybe you can get GM to bring the next gen Camaro face to the line-up too, then we'd all have better looking cars.

Not ragging on the fusion its a good car and sales support that. But the mustang should not look like a fusion it should look like a mustang. Its own unique look like nothing else ford or its sub-companies(aston martin) makes. If GM made its other cars look like the camaro or corvette they would be ugly as sin and they (corvette and camaro) would lose some of their unique appeal. The mustang should be the show off car with a one off design and not a fusion front end welded to a aston martin rear end
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #61
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
That gif is pretty funny.

any idea what its from?

Some people just dont get the point of some cars. While not the fastest car ever produced, the GT was a throwback to the GT40 and a celebration of Fords uno-hundro birf-day.

seriously, read 1 article about the car before you spout ignorance...it should help a lot of people save face...
Aww somebody hurt the ford trolls feelings.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #62
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Lots of hardcore Mustang guys I suspect will be on the prowl now for the 13-14's as they look more menacing. This fusion stang looks like every other car now from ford.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #63
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
I'll still be picking one if these up to join my Terminator. I honestly don't count looking a bit like an Aston to be a bad thing. Plus the performance of the car should speak for itself, in volumes.
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #64
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
It is seven kinds of moronic to say the Ford GT was a failure regardless of your personal sentiments about the brand.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #65
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
It looks good, but too much Ford front overhang. I don't think Chevy has to rush the Gen6 from a styling perspective. It will interesting to see how the new Mustang compares to the SS/1LE on the track.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #66
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Doesn't really look like much more than an evolution of the 13-14 cars........ Will need to see the rest to make a judgement.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #67
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Lots of hardcore Mustang guys I suspect will be on the prowl now for the 13-14's as they look more menacing. This fusion stang looks like every other car now from ford.
Can't agree. I have the best looking Mustang ever, a '65 Fastback 2+2, the last and best of the old-skool Mustangs you can get your hands dirty on, a Boss 302, and when the performance variant on this comes out I may add the car the defined future Mustangs to that list. I have always liked the C5 Camaro's looks and presence but was never able to love it's visual and physical bulk, so unless GM has a big surprise in-store for 16, the new 'Stang may be my next car after all, especially in light of the Z/28 pricing and availability. I'd better hurry and buy my wife her Vette first though...

Old 08-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #68
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Doesn't really look like much more than an evolution of the 13-14 cars........ Will need to see the rest to make a judgement.
I believe evolutionary was the intent. '05 was a reset, now the car needs to evolve into the future correctly.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #69
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Can't agree. I have the best looking Mustang ever, a '65 Fastback 2+2, the last and best of the old-skool Mustangs you can get your hands dirty on, a Boss 302, and when the performance variant on this comes out I may add the car the defined future Mustangs to that list. I have always liked the C5 Camaro's looks and presence but was never able to love it's visual and physical bulk, so unless GM has a big surprise in-store for 16, the new 'Stang may be my next car after all, especially in light of the Z/28 pricing and availability. I'd better hurry and buy my wife her Vette first though...

Ok, I should have said the best looking of the modern mustangs...2011+ (just cuz of the 5.0), anyways the 13's have a more unique look to me than the 12's. We all can sit here though and agree to disagree, I think the 2015 mustang like most cars today resemble each other too much especially from ford. Not saying the new ford's are ugly, infact they look good (love the focus). The mustang needs more uniqueness and this 2015 imo, doesn't have it from the front. She's gotta show me her ass to be sold.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #70
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
I wiped my tears away several hours ago, thank you though.

Fenderaddict, im not suggesting that the GT level of the Mustang wont be able to compete with the base vette, just that I dont think it is fords intention to try to match it....if it happens by accident th3n so be it..

but its always going to take an up level mustang to beat it... and perhaos now with the irs theres an even better chance of a track victory per se
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote