Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-04-2019, 10:46 AM   #365
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
3366 is the weight on the C8.
dry weight not curb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I didn’t see your edit
No biggie either way, The point was the C8 is likely going to cover the 1/4 mi faster then 11.7. I don't see how it can accelerate 1.2 seconds quicker to 60 mph but only be 7 tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile based on the 11.7 claim. 1 tenth reduction in 0-60 always translates to 1 tenth reduction in the 1/4 in any vehicle I have ever tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Has Chevy claimed 2.8 for the Z51?
Yes 2.8 for the Z51 and low 3 second for base C8.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 08-04-2019 at 10:57 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #366
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Thats my point about numbers ,only one we know is the Z51 can do 0 - 60 in 3 seconds
Um it is UNDER 3 seconds....

Quote:
That don't tell you anything really
You are really suffering from MEDS (mid-engine derangement syndrome). It tells you that the Z51 and even the base with summer tires can destroy just about any car on the planet...

Quote:
i want more numbers and they should have been released .
Wa It is a game-changer what is so hard for you to grasp. The price came in 5k to 10K cheaper than I thought the performance 0-60 is in the supercar range and IT WILL DESTROY YOUR RIDE... why can't you deal with it? It is a great car and GM really pulled off a coup.

Quote:

We now its been on Nurburgring but no numbers , 1000s of laps that C8 made and nothing , maybe their first crack at a mid engine chassis is a bit of an under performer.
A car that has sold out its frist year of production in a little over a week is a bit of an "under performer" How many C8 owners even know what a ring time is much less care???? It hot, looks hot, it is going to be a street fighter in any stop light throw down. It has sold out, it might even kill the muscle car and the low hanging exotic car market and may even kill off the Shelby (IMO of course). But it is under performing? Ever look at the first Vette... 6 banger non-crossflow, heck of slow...

Quote:

The performance of the last C7 base and Z51 track times are on the level of the SS 1Le , maybe the Z51 has a slight edge . The ZL1 1Le w/DSSV will blow the C8 Z51 away on a road course ,won't be close at all.
I highly doubt C8 owners getting the base or the Z51 will be racing ZL! 1LE anytime soon or even care. You just don't get it. Very few people care if some ZL1 !LE it "faster". There is always faster. I'd take a silver C8 any day even on race day. It is that great. I would guess like 75% of the ZL1 1LE owners today would even trade in their rides for the first production C8s with Z51..... For me I would even think about a ZL1 anything now the C8 is out...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:14 PM   #367
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
You won't until November when the 1st production cars are delivered for the 1st press event.

At 3500 lbs and 495 crank, the car will do 11.7s and 121mph in the 1/4 (slightly worse than the ZL1). And that requires the Z51 package, for which you'll pay ZL1 money (or greater).

And you won't get the 3LT features that come on the ZL1 for ZL1 money. For a C8 Z51 3LT car you'll pay $85k+ or $20k more than the ZL1 for almost performance ... 3 years later.

And don't forget you can get a low miles ZL1 for low $50's today.... probably upper 40s by December.
WORD

I will add the biggest difference between the base and the Z51's 0-60 is the tire. cuase bigger brakes and more cooling, and stiffer springs and heavier shocks (magride) don't do anything for 0-60 times. The only "other things" that may help the Z51 is 5 HP from the exhaust and MAYBE a slight (assumed) gear ratio for this type of performace.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 08-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #368
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Um it is UNDER 3 seconds....

You are really suffering from MEDS (mid-engine derangement syndrome). It tells you that the Z51 and even the base with summer tires can destroy just about any car on the planet...

Wa It is a game-changer what is so hard for you to grasp. The price came in 5k to 10K cheaper than I thought the performance 0-60 is in the supercar range and IT WILL DESTROY YOUR RIDE... why can't you deal with it? It is a great car and GM really pulled off a coup.

A car that has sold out its frist year of production in a little over a week is a bit of an "under performer" How many C8 owners even know what a ring time is much less care???? It hot, looks hot, it is going to be a street fighter in any stop light throw down. It has sold out, it might even kill the muscle car and the low hanging exotic car market and may even kill off the Shelby (IMO of course). But it is under performing? Ever look at the first Vette... 6 banger non-crossflow, heck of slow...

I highly doubt C8 owners getting the base or the Z51 will be racing ZL! 1LE anytime soon or even care. You just don't get it. Very few people care if some ZL1 !LE it "faster". There is always faster. I'd take a silver C8 any day even on race day. It is that great. I would guess like 75% of the ZL1 1LE owners today would even trade in their rides for the first production C8s with Z51..... For me I would even think about a ZL1 anything now the C8 is out...
The way you look at the C8 buyer is pathetic , kids buying an old Honda Civic and putting a useless tall wing on the back is thinking at a higher level of performance. When it comes to the C8 it should be all about what it can do not how cheap of a version someone can buy ,that don't make it a great car. You may be an easy sell but i'm not . The people i know that have Corvettes are definitely not the same as you know , they are also not sold on the C8 . I do look forward to the day when Randy Pobst gets behind the wheel of a C8 Z51 on a track .
There is a SCCA track night in your area in October you should go , track days are growing every year and people wanting to driver their car on a track is huge, don't underestimate Corvette people , they are not all over 60 and just drive their cars to get a new box of cigars.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #369
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
You won't until November when the 1st production cars are delivered for the 1st press event.

At 3500 lbs and 495 crank, the car will do 11.7s and 121mph in the 1/4 (slightly worse than the ZL1). And that requires the Z51 package, for which you'll pay ZL1 money (or greater).

And you won't get the 3LT features that come on the ZL1 for ZL1 money. For a C8 Z51 3LT car you'll pay $85k+ or $20k more than the ZL1 for almost performance ... 3 years later.

And don't forget you can get a low miles ZL1 for low $50's today.... probably upper 40s by December.
I think one thing this C8 will show is just how good the gen 6 Camaro platform really is at any price.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:21 PM   #370
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
WORD

I will add the biggest difference between the base and the Z51's 0-60 is the tire. cuase bigger brakes and more cooling, and stiffer springs and heavier shocks (magride) don't do anything for 0-60 times. The only "other things" that may help the Z51 is 5 HP from the exhaust and MAYBE a slight (assumed) gear ratio for this type of performace.
Just remember that it will be programmed into the C8 computers to hit that 0 to 60 every time , all you have to do is hit the gas and the traction control along with the mag suspension will do the rest . Having the Elsd and mag ride with the extra rubber is why you get the better times .
Old 08-04-2019, 04:15 PM   #371
oldman

Quote:
The way you look at the C8 buyer is pathetic , kids buying an old Honda Civic and putting a useless tall wing on the back is thinking at a higher level of performance.
Not me I love the C8, think the C8 buyers are the smartest luckiest people on the planet...

Quote:
When it comes to the C8 it should be all about what it can do not how cheap of a version someone can buy ,
Really? Its called economics, bang for the dollar, et all. They are buying a supercar sub 60K... that my friend is a game-changer. I note you said should, yep hot women should date me.

Quote:
that don't make it a great car.
So you are saying spending needless money on a Boxster that offers poorer performance in every way makes the Boxster a "great car". You better check you are driving a Chevy.. aka poor man's performance car. Obviously, if you have MEDS or are on MEDS, you feel you need to spend copious bucks and click-off every option to be off MEDS...

Quote:
You may be an easy sell but i'm not .
Let's see gorgeous, check, mid-engine,, check check, supercar 0-60 check, probably handles better than a Camaro from street to race, check check check, sold out in a week check check check... I guess you waiting for the sub 50K one that can beat the C7R???? No with MEDS you probably say, wow that too cheap, I may get in trouble or enter a mid-life crisis too soon.

Quote:
The people i know that have Corvettes are definitely not the same as you know , they are also not sold on the C8 .
Well, apparently there are enough of them to sell out a year's production in a scant few days with basically no information on it... other than it is supermodel hot... I do agree not everyone wants a supermodel for a wife

Quote:
I do look forward to the day when Randy Pobst gets behind the wheel of a C8 Z51 on a track .
A stock Miata could be faster and GM would still sell all they C8 they produced. You seem to think people actually buy a sub 60K car and even know who Randy is. Heck, it could have a turbo 4 banger in the C8 and GM would still sell them.

Quote:
There is a SCCA track night in your area in October you should go , track days are growing every year and people wanting to driver their car on a track is huge, don't underestimate Corvette people , they are not all over 60 and just drive their cars to get a new box of cigars.
Dude, I've probably been racing before you were born. You do know that I own a full built DC2 type R, a supercharged Civic SI, and also wrench and race my bro's turbo flat 6 Boxster?

It would be my estimate that less than 1% of the Vette people ever race more than a few events over the car's entire life. How's that for an estimate? Probably .3% of the c8 owners will ever go as far as getting a decent set of autoX or road race tires for their ride. I'd say about 5% actually make their buying decision based on any handling test or even speculation of such, which means that color choice is more of a decision-maker for them. Hench the C8 has buku colors, wheel colors, brake colors, carbon fiber wiz bangers, seat styles at launch and scant information on actual performance... guess what: THE CAR SOLD OUT....
Old 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #372
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Not me I love the C8, think the C8 buyers are the smartest luckiest people on the planet...

Really? Its called economics, bang for the dollar, et all. They are buying a supercar sub 60K... that my friend is a game-changer. I note you said should, yep hot women should date me.

So you are saying spending needless money on a Boxster that offers poorer performance in every way makes the Boxster a "great car". You better check you are driving a Chevy.. aka poor man's performance car. Obviously, if you have MEDS or are on MEDS, you feel you need to spend copious bucks and click-off every option to be off MEDS...

Let's see gorgeous, check, mid-engine,, check check, supercar 0-60 check, probably handles better than a Camaro from street to race, check check check, sold out in a week check check check... I guess you waiting for the sub 50K one that can beat the C7R???? No with MEDS you probably say, wow that too cheap, I may get in trouble or enter a mid-life crisis too soon.

Well, apparently there are enough of them to sell out a year's production in a scant few days with basically no information on it... other than it is supermodel hot... I do agree not everyone wants a supermodel for a wife

A stock Miata could be faster and GM would still sell all they C8 they produced. You seem to think people actually buy a sub 60K car and even know who Randy is. Heck, it could have a turbo 4 banger in the C8 and GM would still sell them.

Dude, I've probably been racing before you were born. You do know that I own a full built DC2 type R, a supercharged Civic SI, and also wrench and race my bro's turbo flat 6 Boxster?

It would be my estimate that less than 1% of the Vette people ever race more than a few events over the car's entire life. How's that for an estimate? Probably .3% of the c8 owners will ever go as far as getting a decent set of autoX or road race tires for their ride. I'd say about 5% actually make their buying decision based on any handling test or even speculation of such, which means that color choice is more of a decision-maker for them. Hench the C8 has buku colors, wheel colors, brake colors, carbon fiber wiz bangers, seat styles at launch and scant information on actual performance... guess what: THE CAR SOLD OUT....
The C8 isn't sold out, get your facts straight.
Old 08-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #373
oldman

Dude, they would have been "sold out" on an order of one as there are none to sell as of yet. When one or more are produced they will have been already sold.

To say that there may be a chance to order a car, or more correctly one may be able to pre-order a car that may or may not be delivered within the next year means it is not "sold-out" great. My gut says if you ain't got your toe in the water now the chances of you rolling a C8 at MSRP over the next year is as good as winning the next lotto.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #374
Gen6_1Le

Quote:

You are still missing the point , i don't care how many they sell or who buys them or what they do with them . It's about performance with me ,right now with the C8 performance that's available it won't beat the Zl1 1Le around a track so all those sold out C8s are behind the performance of a Camaro. Will GM sell a lot of C8s sure but who cares ,won't effect me any.
I guess i live in an area where people do use their performance cars for other than parking them and looking at them . I see cars from S&W Performance going past the shop or Phoenix Performance which those guys know a good bit about racing Corvettes and Camaros and i have to say that Joe Aquilante is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet .
Auto X is huge, was a small time deal 10 years ago and look at it now . More and more people are getting to drive performance events and falling in love with it .
So you can have your C8 and i'll pass , for now.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:12 PM   #375
oldman

Quote:
Just remember that it will be programmed into the C8 computers to hit that 0 to 60 every time , all you have to do is hit the gas and the traction control along with the mag suspension will do the rest . Having the Elsd and mag ride with the extra rubber is why you get the better times .
Then you and I will just have to agree to disagree that some ultra-heavy dampers and an eLSD is all that much better than lighter shocks and a plain LSD. I will say the base is just hit the gas also and let traction control do the rest. I think it is more tire and the fact the car is mid-engined. Not like the 3.2 quoted for the base is "slow" LOL

Last edited by oldman; 08-04-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #376
oldman

Quote:
You are still missing the point , i don't care how many they sell or who buys them or what they do with them . It's about performance with me ,right now with the C8 performance that's available it won't beat the Zl1 1Le around a track so all those sold out C8s are behind the performance of a Camaro. Will GM sell a lot of C8s sure but who cares ,won't effect me any.
We must be talking about different cars, I'm talking about a car that average high heeled admin assistant can afford in Austin, you are talking about unicorns dancing on pins.. I actually have seen a ZL1 ILE it was decked out with 00 drag radials and driven to car show events....

If that is what you are talking about, great, I can assume you that 99.9% of the C8 Base nor the Z51 buyer is thinking of cross-shopping a Zl1 1LE Camaro.... Happy now???

I will note that you have FINALLY stopped talking about how your 1LE is going to destroy C8, and now you are racing somebody else fictional unicorn on pin ZL1 1LE ...too funny, it is like saying your dad can beat mine .... great. Please write this in inverse print and put on your forehead, so if you need it, look into the rearview mirror: "note to self don't get into any contest of performance with high heeled admin assistants in C8... ego can't take it... self out"

Quote:
I guess i live in an area where people do use their performance cars for other than parking them and looking at them . So you can have your C8 and i'll pass , for now.
I can assure you central Texas is alive and well when it comes to people driving performance cars street or track. I can tell you that i'm on my 4th set of tires under 20K miles... My Type R is probably on its 30 sets of Dirizzza how many tires does your "race car" go through

Last edited by oldman; 08-04-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:36 PM   #377
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Then you and I will just have to agree to disagree that some ultra-heavy dampers and an eLSD is all that much better than lighter shocks and a plain LSD. I will say the base is just hit the gas also and let traction control do the rest. I think it is more tire and the fact the car is mid-engined. Not like the 3.2 quoted for the base is "slow" LOL
You can put the Z51 wheels and tires on the base model, but it won't be faster .
Old 08-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #378
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
You can put the Z51 wheels and tires on the base model, but it won't be faster .
Why not
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote