Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #15
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Well, it is a camaro after all. No need to make excuses on behalf of GM for hard plastic galore- if they can build this type of performance, they can sure put some effort in selecting a bit better materials and fit and finish. This is not a 20k rental car. The interior has become a major factor for me, you sit in it during your whole drive time.
I agree, it is not as bad as mag reviewers make it to be, but even in 2ss doesn't stack up
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #16
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
2SS 1LE is the exact same interior except seat badges red stitching and belts.
plus upgraded climate control, mood lighting, leather knee/door pads, and bose audio.

are the 1ss 1le seats heated/cooled? What about the steering wheel, is it heated? Could be a few other things the 2ss adds on the interior.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #17
bournecain
Learning D Ropes of Life

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I guess the bigger question is what do you mean by the interior?

Here's my 2 cents from a 2SS 1LE

1) Suede steering makes gripping so much more easy. Driven cars with leather steering and with the Faux Leather/Plastic and both of them tend to slip a little under aggressive driving.

2) Suede shifter knob. Nothing to compare to. Just like the steering, helps with the grip.

1/2 are hard, but also soft to touch. Wouldn't you need something hard to hold onto while steering and shifting. A floppy piece of styrofoam wouldn't work.

3) Recaro Seats: Vented and Heated on 2SS. I was a little concerned that the seats would be a little too tight for a 5'11 (Am I 6ft?) wide shouldered guy, but it fits well. Would have loved the option to adjust the side pads for a tighter/looser fit, but eh. Hasn't come into play yet.

4) 2 Cup holders: Come with Lighting Trim in the 2SS. Not sure on the 1SS. Good enough to hold 2 cups, I guess.

5) Sound System: 2SS comes with 9 speaker Bose System. I've heard a few complaints from people on here, but it's been great for me.

6) Warning Systems: Not interior, but something to help along the way are the Side Blind Zone and Rear cross traffic alerts. Very responsive and active and IF you use your side mirrors, then the alert is pretty bright and you cannot miss.

7) Wireless Charging: Worst part of the car IMO. Not big enough to charge a phone with the wireless charging option, not small enough that you can ignore it. Waste of real estate.

Dashboard is bland, could use fuzzy dice to fizz it up a bit. But then again, dash is supposed to be bland.
Black M6 | BlackVue 750S-2CH | JWMotoring Side Markers | ZL1 Addons Front Rock Guard |

2015 Nissan Rogue SV
Dash Cam |
bournecain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #18
SD1

Drives: 17' GTI DSG SE
Just so everyone knows, it is not real suede as in the napped leather, it is a synthetic similar to alcantara which IMO is preferential to suede anyway, should be a lot more durable over time.
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #19
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
plus upgraded climate control, mood lighting, leather knee/door pads, and bose audio.

are the 1ss 1le seats heated/cooled? What about the steering wheel, is it heated? Could be a few other things the 2ss adds on the interior.
I think he was comparing it to the ZL1.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #20
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Is there a car that offers this level of performance that also includes a nicer, more expensive interior for around the same price new?

Everything is a trade off. You want insane performance at this price point, then you sacrifice other things, like some luxury materials.

$40K+ can buy you a very nicely equipped luxury vehicle if that's what you want.

You want the best of both worlds, then your price segment needs to change PERIOD.

Buck up and pay the extra coin, or stop crying that you didn't get what you deserve for the money you paid.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #21
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post

I said 2SS 1LE. The 2SS 1LE has everything the ZL1 has.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #22
ClaunchOfficial

Drives: 2024 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Is there a car that offers this level of performance that also includes a nicer, more expensive interior for around the same price new?

Everything is a trade off. You want insane performance at this price point, then you sacrifice other things, like some luxury materials.

$40K+ can buy you a very nicely equipped luxury vehicle if that's what you want.

You want the best of both worlds, then your price segment needs to change PERIOD.

Buck up and pay the extra coin, or stop crying that you didn't get what you deserve for the money you paid.
EXACTLY people want Bentley interior with Lambo performance numbers at the price of a basemodel work truck. Seems lots of people say the high price is why sale slump then people who have them want more expensive this or that. Can't do both. I put the leather 2SS knee pad set up and premium 1le mats in my 1le and I'd say I'm really happy with the interior for the cost of the car.
ClaunchOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #23
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel19 View Post
I have a question. Ok, I know that those of us on this forum are going to be biased toward 1LE’s. I’ve been trying to decide between buying a new ZL1 and or a new 1LE. I’m 90% home on getting a 1LE.
OK, the question is regarding the quality of the interior of the 1LE. Almost all of the reviews and videos on the 1LE tout what a great car it is. BUT, what a lousy quality of the surfaces on the interior are. I mean the bagging is relentless. I not going to mention all the well know video commentators here in this thread but I think you know who I’m talking about. Matt Farrah, our friends on Motor Trend, and many others. No bagging on these guys in general. I enjoy their videos also. But come on! They all just talk about how hard the materials are, and scratchy, hard, and vile and, did I mention HARD! I’m sorry but give me a break! I have a 2009 Mini Cooper and that interior is a disaster! Decent runabout but the materials on the inside are......HARD!
Anyway.......I think the 1LE’s interior is really nice. Perfect no. But it’s not a Bentley! I think for a car that cost $42,000 or so the interior is awesome!
Anyone care to weight in on this issue? I for one could spend the entire day in this cars interior. Any other thoughts here?
Totally agree. I love my 1SS 1LEs interior. It is light years better than anything Chevy put out even a couple years ago. Sure, I've had better, but it isnt a luxury car. I consider the 1LE interior a 1SS +. Not quite 2SS, but a lot more than a regular 1SS (leather and faux suede recaros, leather rear seats, square bottom steering wheel wrapped in suede, aluminum shjft knob with suede, HUD, etc...).

As others have said, even if the interior was crappier and had cloth seats, junkier plastics, it would still be a bargain at 40 ish k considering it handles like a super car and can hang with exotics on the track.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #24
georgez32

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE, GC8 STI, SG5 Forester
just upholster the major touch points yourself and save a couple thousand dollars

There is some video out there for the fireball camaro that goes over reupholstering many sections of the interior
georgez32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:56 PM   #25
bournecain
Learning D Ropes of Life

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez32 View Post
just upholster the major touch points yourself and save a couple thousand dollars

There is some video out there for the fireball camaro that goes over reupholstering many sections of the interior
Wow. looks sweet.
Black M6 | BlackVue 750S-2CH | JWMotoring Side Markers | ZL1 Addons Front Rock Guard |

2015 Nissan Rogue SV
Dash Cam |
bournecain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #26
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
Is that genuine carbon or a vinyl wrap over the existing silver trim?
Old 03-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #27
georgez32

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE, GC8 STI, SG5 Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Is that genuine carbon or a vinyl wrap over the existing silver trim?
just vinyl wrap over the existing trim
georgez32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #28
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
just vinyl wrap over the existing trim
Cool, I was debating on wrapping that piece vs buying the accessory part in black. That would match the ZL1 carbon dash insert nicely.