Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Help me out most likely 2021 order 1LE

Well I got my brains bashed in by the strike and now the 'Rona, so give me your opinions.

What I want is 1SS, 1LE, Crush Orange, PDR and nothing else(might sneak in the 1LE hash if I'm not cheap).

There are no 2020s left set up this way, but there are a few optioned above minus the PDR.

While the car won't live on the track, I sure as hell plan to get it there when time is available. So is it worth it? I do think it's pretty cool option to have and how I hopefully get to utilize it.

Due to the story of the thing called life, this would be my first badass car ordered new, so I am really hesitant to settle for anything less than exactly what I want.

The money isn't an issue, nor is financing if that matters.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Well I got my brains bashed in by the strike and now the 'Rona, so give me your opinions.

What I want is 1SS, 1LE, Crush Orange, PDR and nothing else(might sneak in the 1LE hash if I'm not cheap).

There are no 2020s left set up this way, but there are a few optioned above minus the PDR.

While the car won't live on the track, I sure as hell plan to get it there when time is available. So is it worth it? I do think it's pretty cool option to have and how I hopefully get to utilize it.

Due to the story of the thing called life, this would be my first badass car ordered new, so I am really hesitant to settle for anything less than exactly what I want.

PDR is a fantastic tool. It's more than a cool video application - there is a lot of data that gets captured with the recordings and that is where the price of the option really is.

I would say, if you aren't really interested in digging into track data to improve your lap times, and all you would like is something to record your lap times with a video over-lay, you can go without it. There is so much to the SS 1LE for track use, you can have tons of fun and not miss the option.

PDR is really a must for track-rats and those really looking to analyze data to improve themselves. Or if you have the extra $$ to push the easy-button on track recording.

There are so many track timing/video apps out there that you can add-on, if you aren't concerned with lap data, you probably wont miss PDR.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
PDR is a fantastic tool. It's more than a cool video application - there is a lot of data that gets captured with the recordings and that is where the price of the option really is.

I would say, if you aren't really interested in digging into track data to improve your lap times, and all you would like is something to record your lap times with a video over-lay, you can go without it. There is so much to the SS 1LE for track use, you can have tons of fun and not miss the option.

PDR is really a must for track-rats and those really looking to analyze data to improve themselves. Or if you have the extra $$ to push the easy-button on track recording.

There are so many track timing/video apps out there that you can add-on, if you aren't concerned with lap data, you probably wont miss PDR.

This isn't helping :-P I'm at that point in life while time is an issue, I can afford to get out to the track now. I would love to be able to log it all while I am, since I won't be able to do it in large amounts, I would think it would be helpful to make the most of the time that I have.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #4
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
The data overlay is what is important and helpful. Anyone can jam a gopro in a car for video, but when you see yourself blow a corner and then you can see what you were doing in data that caused it. Now that is learning.
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:12 PM   #5
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post

When you say "There are no 2020's left set up this way..." do you mean locally, or nationwide? Can you extend your search range if possible, or really all gone, everywhere?

For me PDR was more important than the actual color, I would have taken a few colors, but I wanted that option just because.

My car won't see a track.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:27 AM   #6
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Get the PDR! Even in everyday driving it is a superb tool as a vid cam of your travels.

As said above, I'd pick more colors as options. Then locate a car and lock and load!

These cars are absolutely fantastic for both track AND DD and you'll be completely happy, so zero risk here.

I am looking to upgrade to a newer car and i will be hunting for exactly the same model as the current one: 1SS 1LE with ONE option: PDR. Having said that, i dont play music (base stereo sucks) while i drive and i dont care about heated seats and steering wheel in a summer car.

Happy shopping!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:32 AM   #7
JLz06

Drives: Chevy Camaro
If you can swing it, I would get the PDR. It's an amazing tool and it really sets itself apart in the industry, as not many other manufacturers are doing anything similar. I use PDR a lot, it can be used as a everyday dash cam if you like, and its nice to have if you plan to track or autox the car.
1999 Carrera
1998 Camaro Z28
JLz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #8
3.8TransAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
When you say "There are no 2020's left set up this way..." do you mean locally, or nationwide? Can you extend your search range if possible, or really all gone, everywhere?

For me PDR was more important than the actual color, I would have taken a few colors, but I wanted that option just because.

My car won't see a track.

There were two I was watching, even called on but they weren't willing to deal and to me not worth the hassle and extra cost along with shipping(not traveling right now with this crap going on). They both have sold since, so none in the country as I want.

If I get one, it will be what I want exactly or it would have to be such a good deal as to be not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Get the PDR! Even in everyday driving it is a superb tool as a vid cam of your travels.

As said above, I'd pick more colors as options. Then locate a car and lock and load!

These cars are absolutely fantastic for both track AND DD and you'll be completely happy, so zero risk here.

I am looking to upgrade to a newer car and i will be hunting for exactly the same model as the current one: 1SS 1LE with ONE option: PDR. Having said that, i dont play music (base stereo sucks) while i drive and i dont care about heated seats and steering wheel in a summer car.

Happy shopping!

I pretty much hate a lot of the colors available. Personal choice. I've liked the orange for a long time and the only other color that has grown on me is Shock, but I still think its a little too much for my tastes. I don't mind being noticed, but I don't like being noticed before I'm over the horizon :-)

I'm pretty much sold on the PDR and eventually plan on track time with the car, so I guess I'm ordering a 21 or by some miracle a 20 shows up when production resumes.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #9
442DMND

Drives: 2017 SS/1LE
I believe the 1LE is already added
Old 05-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #10
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
So when can orders be placed?
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 08:40 AM   #11
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Out of curiosity, how do the aftermarket alternatives to PDR stack up? What does PDR give you that they don't, and vice versa?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #12
Coded4SS

Drives: 2020 1SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
Out of curiosity, how do the aftermarket alternatives to PDR stack up? What does PDR give you that they don't, and vice versa?

My biggest gripe on the pdr is it's 720p. This isn't huge and it does look decent. It is convenient though and really cool.how DL it is. But it won't work like a dash cam unless you go in and start recording every time.

Otherwise the car you mentioned is exactly what I got. I'd highly suggest it. Also go manual if you can, it really fits the beast but that's your decision.
Coded4SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #13
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Have you got in touch with Becky D at Martin Chevy? Go over to the "Camaro ordering, price, tracking, dealers, section....top few sticky's are hers. She's wonderful to deal. Since she's one of us and works at a dealership and has the tools to do in-depth search to see if anything shows up nationally that has what you want.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #14
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
My ss 1le has only been on track twice, and i think the PDR is worth it like everyone else is saying. But, if i was to take a contrary viewpoint, i'd say the opportunity to buy a Camaro ss 1le might be a window that closes in weird ways. I'm really glad i ordered my 2019 last year about this time. I really did have thoughts about waiting maybe year and ordering a 2020, but if i did, there would be the gm strike, and the virus + financial fallout to deal with.
While the PDR is better, a ss 1le with harry's laptimer on a dash mounted phone is better than no ss 1le at all!

Last edited by Hops; 05-22-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote