Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2019, 06:42 AM   #15
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I have looked at the Banks before myself - and as I recall they toted it as a good idea for a Corvette somewhere along the way. If they add e-content I would consider it.

I am always curious about these things when / if they support "Boost". As in does it subtract ambient pressure from MAP, or is it the kind of thing where you have to setup a constant equation (MAP - 14.2psi).

I have come close to ordering a NGauge a couple of times - just absolutely nowhere to find a manual, support, etc.... for it.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #16
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Wow, too funny. I also got a call from Banks, and they told me 2-4 weeks for their engineering to add that flexfuel PID. They also said that if I don’t hear from them after a month, to feel free to reach out to them again. He also told me he talked to a guy from Florida about this too...Must have been you, G2K! But they sounded very positive that they would get this done soon. I told them my HP Tuners setup could do it, so no reason they cannot.

So, I’m going to wait for this Banks one to get up to speed. Looks much nicer than the Aeroforce. My brother has the Banks in his Denali HD Duramax and it’s really nice.
Yup, that was ME!!!! I joined their FB group and saw this morning the banks rep publically talking to their Camaro test car saying they wanted to test a new update. Maybe with our calls the engineers got back to work on this PiD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefedjunkie View Post
I think looks are debatable, the Banks is very utilitarian vs the Aeroforce which has a more classic look with countless customization options and machined aluminum bezels. Does the Banks have anything besides the black plastic bezel and face? The Aeroforce also has fan and IC pump activation and about 60 enhanced parameters like IAT2, IAT3, Inj DC, Ethanol %. I admit I don't know what all the Banks supports. Does it support enhanced parameters?
Totally agree, looks are subjective... to me colored bezels and hydro dipped gauge are just something to distract you from the fact that the screen still looks like a 1990s calculator screen. At the end of the day I buy a gauge to see the data not the exterior and me personally since day one never liked that about Aeroforce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
What we need is that data on center screen... GTR style.
That would be so awesome.... I wish chevy had an easier way to communicate with the car, in my VW days this could easily be done with a VAG COM at your home.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #17
forcefedjunkie

Drives: '14 ZL1, Duramax H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoneil View Post
I did the P3 gauge for AFR. But with boost, AFR and ethanol you need to add on more parts which gets up to like $600. But it's clean

P3 can't read boost or ethanol from the OBD2 port as is? That's a lot of extra work and expense. Wonder why they don't just read it from the ECM like the other parameters, the info would be more accurate too. Can you read multiple parameters at once, or only one thing at a time?
forcefedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:40 AM   #18
forcefedjunkie

Drives: '14 ZL1, Duramax H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
I have looked at the Banks before myself - and as I recall they toted it as a good idea for a Corvette somewhere along the way. If they add e-content I would consider it.

I am always curious about these things when / if they support "Boost". As in does it subtract ambient pressure from MAP, or is it the kind of thing where you have to setup a constant equation (MAP - 14.2psi).

I have come close to ordering a NGauge a couple of times - just absolutely nowhere to find a manual, support, etc.... for it.
The Aeroforce reads MAP and subtracts the barometer so it's very accurate.
forcefedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:36 AM   #19
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
I think looks are debatable, the Banks is very utilitarian vs the Aeroforce which has a more classic look with countless customization options and machined aluminum bezels. Does the Banks have anything besides the black plastic bezel and face? The Aeroforce also has fan and IC pump activation and about 60 enhanced parameters like IAT2, IAT3, Inj DC, Ethanol %. I admit I don't know what all the Banks supports. Does it support enhanced parameters?
While looks aren't everything the buttons are bigger which may make navigating a bit easier.
As always what matters most is what readings the gauge provides and its performance (speed and accuracy) delivering those readings.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #20
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

So I jumped the gun as I've seen their efforts on getting the e85 to read, so its a matter of a future update that I can do at my home, no needing to send the gauge anywhere. This gauge just looks years ahead...

Regarding the speed and performance they instructions say its a rate of 20Hz I don't know if that's good or bad as I know my AEM X-series reads at 100Hz but AEM being the only one at those speed levels. No other gauge I've seen really promoting their speed. However real-world testing I've actually seen the gauge be a tad quicker than my cluster...

I'm in love with this gauge... just waiting patiently for E content and then I have every PiD i want to track...

Features I'm liking so far... High and Low warnings with a pop up yellow window very easy to read, also I can set up the color, way and style gauge I want and the usual Diagnostic reading and code clearing.
Attached Images

Last edited by G2K; 08-19-2019 at 10:16 AM.
G2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #21
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
What we need is that data on center screen... GTR style.

even FIAT/Chrslyer vehicles have it GM missed the bus on it.
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:12 PM   #22
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
So I jumped the gun as I've seen their efforts on getting the e85 to read, so its a matter of a future update that I can do at my home, no needing to send the gauge anywhere. This gauge just looks years ahead...

Regarding the speed and performance they instructions say its a rate of 20Hz I don't know if that's good or bad as I know my AEM X-series reads at 100Hz but AEM being the only one at those speed levels. No other gauge I've seen really promoting their speed. However real-world testing I've actually seen the gauge be a tad quicker than my cluster...

I'm in love with this gauge... just waiting patiently for E content and then I have every PiD i want to track...

Features I'm liking so far... High and Low warnings with a pop up yellow window very easy to read, also I can set up the color, way and style gauge I want and the usual Diagnostic reading and code clearing.
Looks great! I’ll definitely be doing a pair of them, but I’m gonna hang on a bit longer for the ethanol content pid to be added first. But either way, I think this Banks unit is the nicest one out there.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #23
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
I thought Aeroforce gauges could only show 2 parameters at once? Some of those pictures show 4 at once. Love the 1LE faceplate too. I don't mind the 90's era graphics on them. I think my mind has just been made up!
Old 08-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #24
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
I thought Aeroforce gauges could only show 2 parameters at once? Some of those pictures show 4 at once. Love the 1LE faceplate too. I don't mind the 90's era graphics on them. I think my mind has just been made up!
That's true until recently there was a new firmware update for the Aeroforce gauges that would permit a 4 parameter display. The cost is $29 and you do have to send it into them for the flash update. They usually turn it around pretty quick so you have it back without having to wait long.

I have to say in their defense that's pretty cool. I bought my Gauge in 2017 and the fact that for just $29 I can get it updated to the latest greatest unlike maybe other manufactures who would make you buy their next gen product.

I do like the features on the Ibanks gauge though. That you can set Warnings for Hi, Low on certain things. I know Aeroforce has the the two little red LED's that light up which you can use as a flash warning for certain things. I currently use it as a shift light.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #25
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Small world. I just emailed Aeroforce about this. Here's the reply:

We recently added the 4 parameter display mode, so now you can display 2/4/8 parameters plus a live scrolling graph for 2 parameters. Only exception is the Chrysler gauge. Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions

Todd
Aeroforce
Old 08-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #26
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
That's true until recently there was a new firmware update for the Aeroforce gauges that would permit a 4 parameter display. The cost is $29 and you do have to send it into them for the flash update. They usually turn it around pretty quick so you have it back without having to wait long.

I have to say in their defense that's pretty cool. I bought my Gauge in 2017 and the fact that for just $29 I can get it updated to the latest greatest unlike maybe other manufactures who would make you buy their next gen product.

I do like the features on the Ibanks gauge though. That you can set Warnings for Hi, Low on certain things. I know Aeroforce has the the two little red LED's that light up which you can use as a flash warning for certain things. I currently use it as a shift light.
That's awesome. Thanks for the info! Mind is definitely made up now. Updated single white/black gauge w/ 1LE faceplate and a silver/polished bezel to match the trim around the gauge cluster for me!
Old 08-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #27
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

At the end of the day, they are all good gauges... the reason for this post wasn't really to bash or put any company over the other but more for providing alternatives and actually finding out if anyone had tried them before... since I didn't get much feedback I decided to try them myself. I honestly don't like just going with the flow, I like alternatives and choices.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:20 PM   #28
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Is there progress on reading the PID for E content?