Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #15
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Yep Cali requires it too. I went with the show n go plate holder electric. I love it!!!
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #16
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I should start just copying and pasting this for all of these post lol. BUT anyways...I am an LEO in Ohio and I refuse to put a front plate on my beautiful car. Yes it is a law but an unnessessary one. It is not very enforced here. I will not pull someone over for it unless I am looking for an excuse to pull someone over bc I feel they are drunk/drugs etc.
I agree 100%. I consider my no front plate as "cool car tax" whatever it costs ill pay the ticket and continue on with no plate.

my buddy got slapped with a pretty steep no front plate ticket in columbus last month, and he paid it. it Sucks but its worth it to me
Old 05-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #17
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
I agree 100%. I consider my no front plate as "cool car tax" whatever it costs ill pay the ticket and continue on with no plate.

my buddy got slapped with a pretty steep no front plate ticket in columbus last month, and he paid it. it Sucks but its worth it to me
That's a good way to look at it!

However, here in VA, having no front plate would be like having a huge, neon-lit billboard strapped to the roof of your car that says, "honk if you hate police!"
Old 05-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #18
ny27la

Drives: 2012 Black LT
I've gotten 3 tickets for that now!!!! It's effing ridiculous and when I ask the cop if he would do it to his own camaro the answer is either "no" or "I can't afford one so I won't know"
ny27la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #19
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Some of the stuff you guys will do to not put plates on cracks me up... Either use the bracket that comes with the car or leave it off completely... JMHO
Old 05-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
In IL, I'm required to have one, but I won't do it.

The only ticket I ever got for it in the two years I had the car: At the court house while resolving another ticket
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #21
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Here in NJ it is illegal to not have a front plate. Because, of course, everything is illegal in NJ.

Still, when I bought my '08 GTI there was no place to easily (and aesthetically) mount a front plate. The dealer told me they usually just drill holes in the front bumper cover but suggested that not all customers liked that and that they'd only do it if I asked them to.

I told him to fugeddaboutit. Drove the car for 3 years without a front plate, got stopped several times for various things and never, not once, had anyone say anything about the missing plate.

When I get my Camaro in the fall I intend to not put a front plate on it, either.
CamaroWinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #22
NavyDood
Retired Navy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Some of the stuff you guys will do to not put plates on cracks me up... Either use the bracket that comes with the car or leave it off completely... JMHO

Everyone has their opinion on what they like/dislike and what they think looks good. The OEM plate holder installed properly and in its proper place is not bad looking IMO. There are a lot worse looking OEM front plate holders on other types of vehicles. Not a single aftermarket front plate holder is any better looking and nothing more than a waste of resources. A lot of the mickey mouse ways ppl have come up with putting there front plate on looks way worse than the OEM mount. Man up and install the plate holder in its intended place. There are worse things in life to worry about.
Retired Navy... A Husband. A Dad. A Veteran as of 2011. 2010 2SS/RS A6 - FlowMaster CatBack - I'm not a Amsoil dealer and will never be one. I believe in its capabilities from personal use with oil analysis reports backing up my OCI's. Besides, I know more than most cut and paste Amsoil dealers which are at least 95% of them.
NavyDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #23

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'll put mine on, if I ever get cited for it...lol...I think the stock bracket is the best way to go, they don't look bad at all IMO.

I think the main reason most guys don't like them is because some states don't require them...lol...doubt if we'll ever see the same laws requiring them in every state, or states that do eliminating the law...just 'sayin...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #24
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I refuse to put one on, but it was the stated reason for a pull over a few months ago when I was a little too close to a dwi...but I also have tints and blue turn signals and blah blah blah...a whole bunch of things to pull me over for basically
Old 05-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #25
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
3 years, no problems. Talked to a cop at a car show once for 45 minutes and he never mentioned it. If they're so important, why aren't they required on motorcycles?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #26
AngeloVEnforcer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
I got stuck, had to drill holes in my bumper to put it in because I got 2 fix it tickets. It sucks but it is what it is.
AngeloVEnforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
I did this for a test for my Mass inspection and then I removed the plate, no evidence plate was installed

I used 3M Double Sided Body side molding tape on the 4 screw posts on the factory plate holder "doubled up the 3M at each post of course" stuck it drove around for a few days removed it and no Holes in the bumper

Wounder how long this would work as a permanent attachment
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #28
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
I have a font plate, mounted to the bracket and everything...in my trunk. Damn thing was ripped off at the car wash Officer ;-)

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote