Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #29
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
VERY COOL!!! And VERY good shots!! So, do you agree that "Pictures don't do it justice"?
That's really neat you got to see it in person, finally -- what was your favorite part/feature/etc of the car?

I'd guess that it's because it won't be sold as an 'SS' in Europe. I'll bet anything that the only cars they'll sell are the V8's, and to Europe; it'll just be "the Camaro".

A gunmetal/silver-gray panel. The same that's used in the Blue-Ice ambient interiors.
I do agree that the car looks way better in real ... It looks bigger than on pics, meaner and the SS bumper is less "shocking" (even though I'd rather the V6 one).

The front facia looks amazing, mean ... just like the car was about to say "I had an horrible day, get out of my way, or it could turn dirty". This car looks muscular, even the ZR1 looked tiny compared to the maro
And the wheels ... they are soooooooo big! The car is big too, pretty hard to park such a car in a city like Paris.

Agree on the "SS" thing. Actually in Europe nobody knows about "SS" cars. SS is just Schutzstaffel to them. I guess badging a car SS is senseless here as no one knows what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
the interior on that car looks red but that isn't an available color on any model. What do you guys think?
I maybe wrong but that looked orange in real

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
I think the silver shows of the shapes and lines of the car REALLY well...
Mine will be black, silver looks amazing BUT I 'd say that from a close view, silver may make it look a little too "plastic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
Good pics. Seriously, there are actual car enthusiasts there who have never heard of a Camaro? I can understand the typical citizen, but enthusiasts?
Well, You have to know that chevy/corvette/cadillac were in the hall 5, which is the last you happen to see. Lambo and ferrari in hall 1, the most popular.

Listening to people arriving around the camaro, it was mainly like "what's that? Ho yeah that's the camaro (yes, around the car was written in big "Camaro"!!)" "it looks nice" "wow that's big" ... people were taking pics of the car even not knowing what it was (showing it looks good to anyone BUT mustang owners!)

This auto show is somehow the biggest in the world and besides looking at cars, you can buy ones too. It's much more af an "average joe" autoshow that a "car enthusiats" one. But for sure, on a stand surrounded by matiz, cruze ... the camaro looked "different".

Moreover, this is Europe. We are a few to be american cars enthusiats. Europe is BMW/Audi/Porsche kingdom. To european people, most of the time, american cars are badly finished highly powered heavy cars with an exterior shaped with a chainsaw ... --> that's why I like these cars.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:16 AM   #30
yob2kanobe

Drives: Corvette ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 View Post
Ref reason for removing SS badges - I'm guessing because of world war 2 / German SS associations.
Very good point. The French have little use for Heinrich Himmler's SS.
I think this point came up in the 60's when GM first used the SS initials.
Great pics tho, thanks!
yob2kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:43 AM   #31
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yob2kanobe View Post
Very good point. The French have little use for Heinrich Himmler's SS.
I think this point came up in the 60's when GM first used the SS initials.
Great pics tho, thanks!
Yeah i remember hearing something like this before.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #32
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Good to see that it made the trip. Hopefully it'll come back in the same condition.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #33
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Nice pics!! I like the way the interior looks red and not orange. I really hope they offer red!!!!!
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #34
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Nice pics!! I like the way the interior looks red and not orange. I really hope they offer red!!!!!
Most likely the lighting in the hall made the photo go red. The interior is definitely orange.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #35
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Most likely the lighting in the hall made the photo go red. The interior is definitely orange.

Unfortunately, I know the interior is orange. I was more just voicing my opinion on GM's unfortunate decision to exclude a victory red interior. I really would like for that color option to be included again, GM!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #36
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
that looks like the same car that was in Indy. the interior is actually the Inferno Orange...just looks red on your monitors...IMO

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 AM   #37
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Isn't this interior the one that was painted over and not the orange we are going to get if we order?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #38
00fanfan00

Drives: 307 cc (hard top convertible)
Interior was red

hi everyone,

as i got inside the car at the show the interior was red - just like the seats.
00fanfan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #39
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Surprised Chevy is evening selling it in Europe. Compared to typical European cars American cars are quite big and thirsty (keep in mind diesel is a primary seller there when petrol is over $8/gallon) Not to mention all the taxes based on displacement and so forth. It would be like having a Camaro in NYC if the streets in NYC were 30% narrower.

Anyone buying in Europe who isn’t in the American military will be quite dedicated I think as it will cost them so much more to buy and operate than it would here.

Thinking it would sell reasonably well in Japan though as there are many who like old American Muscle there. Of course you can’t park it in Tokyo as it’s 2-3x the size of a kei car (like a Smart car).
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #40
Shurenuff

These are the first pictures that have actually switched my opinion of the SS front end. Looking very good!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:12 AM   #41
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
I do agree that the car looks way better in real ... It looks bigger than on pics, meaner and the SS bumper is less "shocking" (even though I'd rather the V6 one).

The front facia looks amazing, mean ... just like the car was about to say "I had an horrible day, get out of my way, or it could turn dirty". This car looks muscular, even the ZR1 looked tiny compared to the maro
And the wheels ... they are soooooooo big! The car is big too, pretty hard to park such a car in a city like Paris.

Agree on the "SS" thing. Actually in Europe nobody knows about "SS" cars. SS is just Schutzstaffel to them. I guess badging a car SS is senseless here as no one knows what it means.

I maybe wrong but that looked orange in real

Mine will be black, silver looks amazing BUT I 'd say that from a close view, silver may make it look a little too "plastic"

Well, You have to know that chevy/corvette/cadillac were in the hall 5, which is the last you happen to see. Lambo and ferrari in hall 1, the most popular.

Listening to people arriving around the camaro, it was mainly like "what's that? Ho yeah that's the camaro (yes, around the car was written in big "Camaro"!!)" "it looks nice" "wow that's big" ... people were taking pics of the car even not knowing what it was (showing it looks good to anyone BUT mustang owners!)

This auto show is somehow the biggest in the world and besides looking at cars, you can buy ones too. It's much more af an "average joe" autoshow that a "car enthusiats" one. But for sure, on a stand surrounded by matiz, cruze ... the camaro looked "different".

Moreover, this is Europe. We are a few to be american cars enthusiats. Europe is BMW/Audi/Porsche kingdom. To european people, most of the time, american cars are badly finished highly powered heavy cars with an exterior shaped with a chainsaw ... --> that's why I like these cars.
Show us your F430 Stradale. Then, post comparison pics.

If you have enough left over, bolt on a SC on an SS LS3, add ground effects, spoilers, and a BUMP-BUMP audio system. Then change badges to Z28, then remember why you cared in the first-place..

That will be fun.

No Z28?

That's a dang-old shame, yo.
2KZ28_For_Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:31 AM   #42
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
that car is sooooo hott in silver, really shows off the lines of the car thats why i'm getting silver 2ss/rs
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote