Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-07-2022, 08:05 PM   #1
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
ZL1 addons mag pucks or lift pads (stealth)

Hey Team,

So I'm looking at getting a set but a bit torn between the 2. While I've seen the mag puck shift a big while lift a car, however the person was using a quick jack.

The lift pads I'd sort of like to have delrin and I also don't see how they still doesn't put pressure on the pinch welds enough to warp them. Some also complain that the set screws aren't long enough.

Thoughts? Help me decide.

Thanks

Johnny
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:47 PM   #2
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Get both. I've had no issues with the jack pads, just use thread locker. If I have to put the car on jack stands I use the mag puck and flat top jack stands.

The jack pads go on the rear pinch weld and most forward position in the front. Then I use the mag puck on the second pinch weld position and the stiffness of the alpha platform lifts up the entire side.

The pads and mag puck do a good job of protecting the pinch weld from bending, that is it's main purpose.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2022, 09:09 PM   #3
Mac7504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Get both. I've had no issues with the jack pads, just use thread locker. If I have to put the car on jack stands I use the mag puck and flat top jack stands.

The jack pads go on the rear pinch weld and most forward position in the front. Then I use the mag puck on the second pinch weld position and the stiffness of the alpha platform lifts up the entire side.

The pads and mag puck do a good job of protecting the pinch weld from bending, that is it's main purpose.
Not a bad idea.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:24 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
No need for the pads at each corner. They are prone to slipping off jack stands. The puck works great in the center and lifts both front and rear at the same time.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1308
Size:  169.5 KB
Old 04-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #5
Mac7504

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
No need for the pads at each corner. They are prone to slipping off jack stands. The puck works great in the center and lifts both front and rear at the same time.
The stealth versions appear a bit flatter on the bottoms than the others. Also, I use an all-in-one jackstand such as below that appears would fit nicely for the pads. I'd jack up the car using the pucks and just place a jack on the pad for extra security...???

https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...00694736&psc=1
Old 04-07-2022, 09:45 PM   #6
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:

Attachment 1096245
I agree I would not use a regular jack stand with the jack pads. I use ESCO flat tops.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2022, 09:46 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
The stealth versions appear a bit flatter on the bottoms than the others. Also, I have use an all-in-one jackstand such as below that appears would fit nicely for the pads. I'd jack up the car using the pucks and just place a jack on the pad for extra security...???

https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...00694736&psc=1
I really like that jack and but super expensive as a jack stand and too tall to use as a jack.

One mag puck is all I need and been swapping my tires very quickly using it.

I do have a set of the pads un-opened. I'll see what those stealth ones look like because I didn't want to use these with jack stands that could slip. Also, didn't want guys at the shop to use them and slip. I've seen the damage that causes first hand.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #8
Mac7504

Quote:
I really like that jack and but super expensive as a jack stand and too tall to use as a jack.

One mag puck is all I need and been swapping my tires very quickly using it.

I do have a set of the pads un-opened. I'll see what those stealth ones look like because I didn't want to use these with jack stands that could slip. Also, didn't want guys at the shop to use them and slip. I've seen the damage that causes first hand.
I have 5 of those stands but I purchased them years ago when they were like 30 bucks and of course I have understand they are too tall. I didn't mean to imply I would use them as jacks. I have a 1.5ton and a 3 ton racing race for the lifting. I just like those jack stands because I can pump them up to the level of the jack and either take it higher from there or just keep them snug for added security.

I truly appreciate the input though and all valid points.

Thank you guys
Old 04-07-2022, 10:18 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I have 5 of those stands but I purchased them years ago when they were like 30 bucks and of course I have understand they are too tall. I didn't mean to imply I would use them as jacks. I have a 1.5ton and a 3 ton racing race for the lifting. I just like those jack stands because I can pump them up to the level of the jack and either take it higher from there or just keep them snug for added security.

I truly appreciate the input though and all valid points.

Thank you guys
oh those are some bad ass jack stands, especially for adjusting... and you didn't imply jacking with them however they would be killer jacks for a truck.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:24 PM   #10
Mac7504

Quote:
oh those are some bad ass jack stands, especially for adjusting... and you didn't imply jacking with them however they would be killer jacks for a truck.
The ones are have are powebuilt but they are the same exact ones. And Jesus how the prices have gone up, when I got them they were like 35 bucks. The cheapest I've seen now is around 55. HomeDepot sometimes has them.

I love using them for when I work on my fiancés jeep especially.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:54 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I agree I would not use a regular jack stand with the jack pads. I use ESCO flat tops.
That's what I would use as well if the mag puck didn't work so well for me.

I mainly want pads on the 4 corners for when the car goes in the shop but if the techs aren't familiar with how slippery they can be I don't want a screw up with some part I put on the car. The stealth flat ones may work better though.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:28 PM   #12
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
I got a set of those as well for my sixth gen, but haven't used all four at once yet. What procedure are you using to take all four corners off the ground?
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:55 PM   #13
Mac7504

When lifting from one side only (forward most pinch welds) are any of you worried constantly doing this will cause flex to the chassis? I understand our cars are very stiff but I would think doing this year after year can't be good. Thoughts?
Old 04-08-2022, 12:41 AM   #14
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
ZL1 Add-Ons lift points and QuickJack, no brainer...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote