Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-18-2021, 05:13 PM   #295
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
I was looking hard at the, at the time, upcoming Mach 1s.. Began comparing to Camaros (hadn't owned a Camaro since 2002 or so, a 91).. fell in love with the SS1LE and the ZL1s.. saw the Mach 1 with the options I wanted was going to be around ZL1 prices and went with the ZL1! Mach 1 looks pretty nice but not even close to ZL1 nice, imo.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 05:58 PM   #296
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Not even close. Even that among the various Mustang trim levels that would be on the short list of cars I'd consider buying (price-independent) if I needed to replace the toy I already have on short notice. Price-dependent, it'd almost certainly slip enough places to get kicked off the list.

I'd reserve the "special" tag for cars like the original GT40, the 1st gen GT350 and the 1963 split-window Corvette.

Norm
Now we’re talking Norm… A 63 split back window Vette!! I want one of those more than anything else.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:27 PM   #297
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Isn’t this the point where a Ford fan enters the discussion to say the Mach 1 is “special”?
In a similar discussion on another board (use your imagination) I had to walk away from a “debate” with one person over this. I pointed out that a Mach I Handling Pack would cost about $64k and a 2SS 1LE optioned the way I would option it would cost about $52k. As much as I like the Mach I, I would not be able to justify the price difference. Plus I’d have content on the 1LE that wasn’t even available on Mach I. Here’s where it got weird…. He stated that the two cars were basically the same price. WHAAAAATT? He cited an online dealer that is offering and delivering Mach I at invoice or below. (Great deal, actually) So that would narrow the price gap to about $4-5,000 for a non-Handling Pack Mach I vs a no options 1SS 1LE. So, now a $5,000 gap at a trim level I wouldn’t order is same price? Okay.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:30 PM   #298
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Now we’re talking Norm… A 63 split back window Vette!! I want one of those more than anything else.
Every time I see one on Bring A Trailer it breaks my heart. I passed on one about 15 years ago at $45k. Today I’d have to drop a one in front of that to even be in the conversation.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:54 PM   #299
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Got a ride in one once, from a college classmate of mine (through the streets of Boston, no less). Over 2/3 of a lifetime ago, but even with such a limited exposure I'll never forget what it was like riding in that car which had one of the hotter 327s of the time and a good 4-speed box.

Norm
Old 09-27-2021, 06:36 PM   #300
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro

Tags
camaro, mach 1, motortrend, mustang, ss1le