Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #29
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Double yikes is a new phone for $1200 if you ask me...
Triple yikes when a cable is $18.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:42 AM   #30
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The 2021 was he first MY that the Camaro supported AA or ACP wireless.
acp works wirelessly in my 18.

and yes i ultimately told it to stop using acp for music bc its a real pita when you touch your phone for anything while driving.

Last edited by s346k; 04-10-2021 at 10:55 AM.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:12 AM   #31
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
acp works wirelessly in my 18.

and yes i ultimately told it to stop using acp for music bc its a real pita when you touch your phone for anything while driving.
Yes, it is AA not ACP. correct.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #32
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
I think we have a lot of people confusing CarPlay / Android Auto and bluetooth. Neither Wireless CarPlay nor Wireless Android Auto (except for that sill Android Auto app they released which does basic stuff and confused everyone on what was what) which projects basic phone icons/functions on the screen with maps etc work on the Pre 2020 cars stock; especially on the 16-18 HMI based cars.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #33
cthompson07

Drives: 2016 hyper blue 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Okay, so I looked at my window sticker. I have ACP but not AA. Maybe AA came along later like Fran says?

If you look at the options section where it lists MyLink, it says "select bluetooth streaming". It will stream audio wirelessly without activating ACP. I can access my iPhone (iPod function) by selecting the "Media" button on the audio screen of MyLink. I can browse playlists, etc right on the MyLink screen.

And the newer cars project Nav on the HUD? Mine does not do that I don’t think. I know I have a speedo with bar tach, and another that shows what’s playing on the audio, but don’t recall seeing Nav info. I think it displays on the DIC, though.

I’ll check later today.
Both my 17 rs and my current 16ss showed Nav on the HUD. I believe if you have a route mapped, it takes place of the useless page that has the compass
Old 04-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #34
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthompson07 View Post
Both my 17 rs and my current 16ss showed Nav on the HUD. I believe if you have a route mapped, it takes place of the useless page that has the compass
They have factory nav. I think that is the issue. My car did not come with factory nav so adding this module MIGHT not apply all mods. But I will find out soon!

I cannot wait to listen to Woody and Wilcox in HD!!

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.

Last edited by FarmerFran; 04-10-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:17 PM   #35
Skmzatlanta

Drives: Camaro Convertible 3LT
Yes it includes factory navigation. Mine came with the SD card to load maps. It uses Bluetooth to pair the phone only. WiFi is used for connection once paired. You will note a WiFi antenna is required to be added for the 2019 Camaro upgrade. I discovered I am too old to get in origami position to see what I am doing to install it. I tried. Have an appt with local radio installer this Friday. I have been using C2PlayAir and tired of the issues but found I appreciate the convenience.
Skmzatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #36
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skmzatlanta View Post
Yes it includes factory navigation. Mine came with the SD card to load maps. It uses Bluetooth to pair the phone only. WiFi is used for connection once paired. You will note a WiFi antenna is required to be added for the 2019 Camaro upgrade. I discovered I am too old to get in origami position to see what I am doing to install it. I tried. Have an appt with local radio installer this Friday. I have been using C2PlayAir and tired of the issues but found I appreciate the convenience.
I have the 2020 so I have the WiFi antenna. Not looking forward to the origami but I have my son who can help

Old 04-10-2021, 10:26 PM   #37
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
So I played around with MyLink today. I have the OEM Nav/Bose system. ‘16 2SS

It does have ACP and AA.
Couldn’t test AA, but for ACP, it does need to be plugged into the USB port so apparently will not use Bluetooth for ACP.
It does stream via Bluetooth but that’s through selecting “Media” on the audio screen, and is not ACP.
With a destination set in Nav, the directions do show up on the HUD (also a page in the DIC).
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:33 AM   #38
FarmerFran

I got this system for 2.5 reasons. While my laziness can be overwhelming, I like the wireless AA option. I plan on adding a wireless charger so that will be double bonus. I like HD radio, I do not listen much but when I do I like it HD. My last few cars and current truck has it and I miss it in the SS. The NAV I am not sure of, the factory NAV in my truck works great so I just use it. I do not mind google maps and I will test out Chevy factory NAV. I do not need "radar" alerts, I do not go anywhere obscure that a factory NAV will not recognize and I have had no issues with google maps and the truck's factory nav alerting me of traffic.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #39
Skmzatlanta

Got mine installed today. I took it to a radio installer. He commented it was tough getting to the plug locks and took three different tools to get the job done but less than an hour. Not sure maybe the convertible is a tighter fit. Still have 6 months of XM so need to call them to transfer the service. Agree the cost hurt but I am at a point in life I want what I want. Why I got the vert! I will report back once I have more time using it. You will enjoy it FarmerFran as you got the triple bonus.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #40
FarmerFran

I cannot get mine done. My factory radio is not registered in the GM Database and I am unable to get anyone to add it. Complete cluster ****.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #41
Skmzatlanta

Wow sorry. That is wrong. Where would you go to fix something like that? It seems White Automotive would know. Hope you figure it out soon.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:34 AM   #42
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skmzatlanta View Post
Wow sorry. That is wrong. Where would you go to fix something like that? It seems White Automotive would know. Hope you figure it out soon.
So long story short we worked with GM to get the new radio registered (really really odd scenario with his car) then the engine blew and the dealer bought it back before he could get it; sad panda :(