Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #141
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyhamster View Post
The advisor that caused the damage stated that the clutch "stuck", which I have never experienced in the 26-27k miles I've put on the car. From what I saw of the incident occurring the car revved a couple times and jerked backwards, and then revved and jumped back again before being stalled where the pictures show it.
why was the clutch in use with the drivers door open? seems like a cut and dry dumbass attack. all of it. i hope they treat you well. i wouldn’t want the car, nor would i deal with that place anymore.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:21 AM   #142
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyhamster View Post
Hey Y'all. I just got some new information from the dealership and figured I would update the thread.

They have had my car for a little over a month now, and have not started working on it. When the car made it to the body shop, they did a second appraisal and, they found more damage and are waiting for the dealers insurance to write off on it.

Below is the new list of parts to be replaced, with an '(s)' next to what was added to the appraisal.

Left Fender
Left Emblem
Roof Panel w/o Sunroof (s)
Left Hinge Pillar Reinforcement (s)
Left Uni-side Panel (s)
Left Rocker Molding (s)
Left Hinge Pillar (s)
Left Rocker Reinforcement (s)
Left Door Shell
Left Upper Hinge (s)
Left Lower Hinge (s)
Set up and measure of the frame/uni-body and a pull for the uni-body.

They also stated that there may be firewall damage but they wont be able to find out until insurance writes off on the current appraisal.

Already this has taken their primary appraisal from about $6k to $11k.

I have not named the dealership and I'm sorry to anyone I have not responded to by PM, but I don't have plans to name the dealership currently. I understand that accidents (even ones caused by negligence) can occur and I'm not out for blood or to ask for the sky.

The advisor that caused the damage stated that the clutch "stuck", which I have never experienced in the 26-27k miles I've put on the car. From what I saw of the incident occurring the car revved a couple times and jerked backwards, and then revved and jumped back again before being stalled where the pictures show it.

I would prefer not getting a new car, as I'm not a fan of the 2019/2020 refresh that was done. It was one of the reasons why I purchased my 2018 when I did.

I'll hopefully be hearing from the body shop soon with more information and what they are doing from here and a time frame.

Again, thank you everyone for your input and hopefully my next update will have better news.
If your blood pressure isn't near stroke level and you haven't had serious thoughts about re-arranging the face of the guy who wrecked your car by now, you're a much bigger man than me or I would say most of the people who own your car.

The only way a modern clutch could possibly stick is if it was low on hydraulic fluid. I mean, SEVERELY low, as in near or at empty. Otherwise, there is no possibility of a clutch on any modern car sticking. At all. Period. End of story. Hydraulics make that impossible.

As has been mentioned before, you do NOT want this car back. Trust me. No matter how nice they can make the exterior look - and they can make it look as good as new - once you have severe structural damage, metal fatigue comes into play. If they have to put it on a rack to straighten it out, and your firewall is damaged, and they have to replace core structural parts, your car will NEVER drive or feel right. It will rattle incessantly from a location you or the dealer/shop will never find, you will notice a year or two down the road your doors don't line up, your dash doesn't line up, when you shut your door the auto-indexing window is too tight or too loose and starts causing problems, your steering feels loose, and I can go on and on and on. The car is now structurally and physically compromized, no matter what anyone tells you.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:38 AM   #143
threetime
*PIMP*

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Actually, I think they should be ...this isn’t a warranty repair, they damaged his perfectly fine / unblemished operating vehicle. This wasn’t a private party car accident, it was a large car dealership error. So...yea, they should pony up some $ for his payments. And what the heck does “they didn’t make him finance the car mean?” He didn’t “make them Fup his car” A loaner of any vehicle, other than the same make and model is fine, as long as they’re taking care of him on the other end (meaning he lost the car he wants to drive while paying for it an extended period of time). As far as I can see, the OP has been exceptionally reasonable, he could bury these guys with some pretty crappy social media...Quite frankly, the right thing to do, is for the dealership to take care of him. Not obligated and what the right thing to do is two entirely different things.

Use your common sense. Have you ever caused an accident that you had to make payments on the other persons car while it was being repaired? Your insurance would definitely get a rental car for them and no it wont always be the same car. And I stand by my statement, so if the OP paid cash for the car, should the dealership make payments to him while car is being fixed? Come on man, think!!

I am also not in anyway saying the dealership isn't to blame, and the OP has been more than reasonable. They should do the right thing, but making his payments they will not do and are not responsible for.
threetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #144
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetime View Post
Use your common sense. Have you ever caused an accident that you had to make payments on the other persons car while it was being repaired? Your insurance would definitely get a rental car for them and no it wont always be the same car. And I stand by my statement, so if the OP paid cash for the car, should the dealership make payments to him while car is being fixed? Come on man, think!!

I am also not in anyway saying the dealership isn't to blame, and the OP has been more than reasonable. They should do the right thing, but making his payments they will not do and are not responsible for.

Common sense went out the window when the multi million $ dealership entrusted to care for his vehicle, left the door open and wiped it out. This doesn’t sound like weeks for a repair, probably more like months (if the parts can even be sourced). Again, the point here is the dealership specializes in fixing / maintaining cars. By way of extraordinary negligence, they’ve created a hardship for the OP. The dealer has the ability / $ to make things right, by either replacing with like vehicle, or lending him a like vehicle until his is fixed. I seriously don’t think that’s a stretch. My brother works for 2 high end auto dealerships, if they damage a car (happens infrequently), they loan a like or better car until the repair is complete. If the OP’s dealer can’t or won’t provide one or the other, then absolutely, I’d ask them to make my payments. He has leverage here...up till this point he’s been a good doobie by not placing the pics on Facebook etc. / talking crap about the dealer.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #145
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
I tried to give the benefit of the doubt in my earlier posts.

Now that the true extent of the damage is known....
My vote is a new car. Like everyone else is saying, the car won't be the same and, once you realize it, you'll take the hit on the resell. Sorry....
Old 06-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #146
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
If it was my Camaro I would go talk to the GM of the dealership and see if I could work a deal for a new 2020 using the 2018 as a trade. I read that you don’t like the refresh but the 2020 looks better than the 2019 in my opinion or see if a CPO 2018 can be located. The dealership is responsible for the damage they caused to your car and they are paying to have it repaired but I’m thinking like others that the car won’t be like it was before and will be worth less when you do want to get rid of it.

Last edited by LT4Greg; 06-18-2020 at 09:09 AM.
LT4Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #147
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Common sense went out the window when the multi million $ dealership entrusted to care for his vehicle, left the door open and wiped it out. This doesn’t sound like weeks for a repair, probably more like months (if the parts can even be sourced). Again, the point here is the dealership specializes in fixing / maintaining cars. By way of extraordinary negligence, they’ve created a hardship for the OP. The dealer has the ability / $ to make things right, by either replacing with like vehicle, or lending him a like vehicle until his is fixed. I seriously don’t think that’s a stretch. My brother works for 2 high end auto dealerships, if they damage a car (happens infrequently), they loan a like or better car until the repair is complete. If the OP’s dealer can’t or won’t provide one or the other, then absolutely, I’d ask them to make my payments. He has leverage here...up till this point he’s been a good doobie by not placing the pics on Facebook etc. / talking crap about the dealer.
THIS ^^^

A few years ago, a Hyundai dealership damaged my Elantra when doing warranty work on it. The kid responsible for moving cars around locked my keys in the car. He panicked and tried to force the door open with a crowbar. Yes, this really happened. I was so pissed. Not only because my newer car was damaged but by the stupidity of it. They had the Service Manager and GM waiting there for me when I went to look at the damage. The GM asked how can I make this right. I said you're going to put me in a brand new Santa Fe SUV ($20,000 more than my car was) until it's fixed and if it isn't fixed to my liking, you're going to do it again. He agreed without argument and made sure the car was fixed perfectly. They had my car for a month because it was over the Thanksgiving holiday and the GM personally inspected the car before calling me to inform it was ready. They made it right and I went back for my next car. Which was a Santa Fe SUV as driving it for a month sold me on it. Win, win for both of us.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:13 AM   #148
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
NO WAY I would want this car back! OP, please do yourself a favor and take whatever action necessary to get out of this car!!!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #149
threetime
*PIMP*

Quote:
You're missing the point of what I said. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE HIS MONTHLY PAYMENT. They have to get him a rental and pay for the damage, or could tell him piss off and make him sue to be honest, not that they are dumb enough to do that. Again, the OP is a better man than me, I would have lost my shit, but no dealer in this world would make some ones car payment till its settled.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #150
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
You're missing the point of what I said. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO MAKE HIS MONTHLY PAYMENT. They have to get him a rental and pay for the damage, or could tell him piss off and make him sue to be honest, not that they are dumb enough to do that. Again, the OP is a better man than me, I would have lost my shit, but no dealer in this world would make some ones car payment till its settled.
All I have left to say is the OP should be glad you don’t own that dealership. You’re a real prince...
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:15 PM   #151
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
That's a pretty broad sweep of a statement that has no merit.

Reality #1 is that the dealership is 100% responsible for the damage to the car.

Reality #2 is that the dealership's insurance policy will cover repair of the damages up to the point of totaling the car.

Reality #3 is that the OP has the right to ask for diminished value compensation. And, even if it has to end up in front of an arbitrator, the insurance commission, or a judge, he will likely get it.

Reality #4 is that NONE of us knows the specific details like the OP does, and it is absolutely possible that the dealerships COULD "make his payments" up to the point the car is repaired.

Making his payments doesn't necessarily mean they are sending a check to the bank each month - it could very easily be a negotiated financial compensation amount that is equal to a certain number of payments that would align with the length of time the car is in being repaired.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #152
threetime
*PIMP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
That's a pretty broad sweep of a statement that has no merit.

Reality #1 is that the dealership is 100% responsible for the damage to the car.

Reality #2 is that the dealership's insurance policy will cover repair of the damages up to the point of totaling the car.

Reality #3 is that the OP has the right to ask for diminished value compensation. And, even if it has to end up in front of an arbitrator, the insurance commission, or a judge, he will likely get it.

Reality #4 is that NONE of us knows the specific details like the OP does, and it is absolutely possible that the dealerships COULD "make his payments" up to the point the car is repaired.
Are you reading what I wrote?

#1 I never said the dealer wasn't responsible, I PLAINLY said that they could tell him to piss off and make him sue.
#2, #3, #4 I said nothing about that.

I will say it again, THEY WILL NOT PAY HIS CAR PAYMENT.

When did reading comprehension become a lost art?

Quote:
Making his payments doesn't necessarily mean they are sending a check to the bank each month - it could very easily be a negotiated financial compensation amount that is equal to a certain number of payments that would align with the length of time the car is in being repaired.
He has a better chance of seeing Unicorns dancing in his driveway farting rainbows.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:00 PM   #153
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Are you reading what I wrote?

#1 I never said the dealer wasn't responsible, I PLAINLY said that they could tell him to piss off and make him sue.
#2, #3, #4 I said nothing about that.

I will say it again, THEY WILL NOT PAY HIS CAR PAYMENT.

When did reading comprehension become a lost art?
Apparently, right around the time you didn't bother to understand what -I- wrote.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:04 PM   #154
threetime
*PIMP*

Quote:
Apparently, right around the time you didn't bother to understand what -I- wrote.

What is to understand, I didn't mention the rest of that. None of that was in question, hell I have read everything the same as you, but you're saying things I didn't say.