Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-18-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Chevy Stealership Clearwater

So I got pre-approved from my personal bank . Then when I'm in finance the Mgr talks me into going with another bank because he can get me a little better rate. I'm too trusting sometimes and assume that these guys will do the right thing to maintain a certain level of reputation .
What does the A Hole do without me noticing? He just puts the money saved back into their profit margin . In the end I got the payment I was after but jeez a few bucks less would have made using a different bank than my own worth it.
Moral to the story buyer beware of the Stealerships! I'm not naming names but theirs not that many Chevy Dealers in that area .
MarkSS1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
I don't understand what you are mad at exactly. Because you stated that his interest rate was better than what you brought to the table. So in my book that means you are paying less interest.Do dealerships get a kick back using their financing? Yes? They are allowed to make a profit ya know. This doesn't affect the amount you are paying for the car though. You would pay more interest with your own bank's financing according to what you wrote.

Last edited by Jb54; 03-18-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Add
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
if the service department is equally bad try stingray chevy in plant city.would buy from there again.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS1958 View Post
So I got pre-approved from my personal bank . Then when I'm in finance the Mgr talks me into going with another bank because he can get me a little better rate. I'm too trusting sometimes and assume that these guys will do the right thing to maintain a certain level of reputation .
What does the A Hole do without me noticing? He just puts the money saved back into their profit margin . In the end I got the payment I was after but jeez a few bucks less would have made using a different bank than my own worth it.
Moral to the story buyer beware of the Stealerships! I'm not naming names but theirs not that many Chevy Dealers in that area .
Let’s say your bank gave 5% rate, the dealership bank can give 4% to the dealership that gives them a kick back in raising the rate. The Fin Manager tells you he can get you $4.55 %, u say okay. He or dealership gets the .55% for basically doing nothing. It’s a business and they all do it. Stick with your own bank. Builds trust and better rates down the road.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
MarkSS1958

Drives: "19" 2SS 4xBlack "16" Ram 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
I don't understand what you are mad at exactly. Because you stated that his interest rate was better than what you brought to the table. So in my book that means you are paying less interest.Do dealerships get a kick back using their financing? Yes? They are allowed to make a profit ya know. This doesn't affect the amount you are paying for the car though. You would pay more interest with your own bank's financing according to what you wrote.
To be clearer my payment basically stayed the same within a few pennies per month for the same amount of months @ a lower interest rate . I did not catch this in time and was already 3 hours back home before I noticed .

Yes I understand they make a kickback for providing Finance I don't have a problem with that . Yes the amount of interest went down at the same time they raised the price of the Vehicle . Sorry I didn't make myself clear enough . I'm over it but thought the story might be able to help someone in the future .
MarkSS1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:30 PM   #6
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Thats why i buys cars and not payments
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:47 PM   #7
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
It's all good Mark! I didn't know that the dealership raised the price of the car on you without your knowledge! Then yes, they are scumbags. I hope you enjoy your new Camaro!
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb54 View Post
It's all good Mark! I didn't know that the dealership raised the price of the car on you without your knowledge! Then yes, they are scumbags. I hope you enjoy your new Camaro!
X2

They are snakes and they really have a play book for ever customers that walks in whether it’s money, trade-in, bank fin etc

You picked the right car, enjoy man and you will.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #9
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
I had my dealer try that on my last year. I had to tell them about 30 times I only finance with my credit union because I'm loyal to them and have that relationship. It was a Honda dealer I got the 1le for. I don't think they knew what 1le was because I didn't know it was 1le until I drive to the dealer. The ad didn't say that anywhere.