Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #29
HyperBlueSS1le

Drives: 2018 SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Hey HyperBlueSS1le that’s a nice install and good numbers. I did look at your install thread. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537160

I have a few questions.

Are you still on pump gas, stock internals, and 7.5 psi?
Yes to all the above.
*Procharger P1x w/ stage 2 IC and big red BOV* Full LT4 Fuel System* New Era Performance cat delete pipes* MM Wild catch can* AWE touring axel back exhaust *P3 multi gauge *ACS composite Zl1 side skirts * Zl1 1le painted flowtie
HyperBlueSS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #30
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
My the lord bless your ring gap and your ring lands.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:09 PM   #31
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueSS1le View Post
Yes to all the above.
Thanks for your answer. This is just the information I was hoping to read.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:15 PM   #32
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
would like to see the dyno please, SAE or uncorrected would be helpful.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #33
HyperBlueSS1le

Drives: 2018 SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
would like to see the dyno please, SAE or uncorrected would be helpful.

You can see the dyno graphs at the one minute mark in the video I originally posted.
*Procharger P1x w/ stage 2 IC and big red BOV* Full LT4 Fuel System* New Era Performance cat delete pipes* MM Wild catch can* AWE touring axel back exhaust *P3 multi gauge *ACS composite Zl1 side skirts * Zl1 1le painted flowtie
HyperBlueSS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:07 PM   #34
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
No headers? That should help.
Full cat deletes vs long tubes are only worth about 5-7hp. Especially with a setup like this (7lbs of boost) - not flowing enough air or running enough RPM to make long tubes shine.

On the LT1, long tubes are just about the lowest return on investment being the stock manifolds are basically try-Y shorty headers
Old 03-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #35
oldman

I like the SAE graph, very broad torque band that does not fall off rapidly (blower moving more than enough air), nice peak numbers.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #36
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Full cat deletes vs long tubes are only worth about 5-7hp. Especially with a setup like this (7lbs of boost) - not flowing enough air or running enough RPM to make long tubes shine.

On the LT1, long tubes are just about the lowest return on investment being the stock manifolds are basically try-Y shorty headers
Stock triY are nice the primary restriction is the driver's side cat it is crush bent down to 1.6" ID and has an 02 stuck in there too. I cut and widen mine to be round and wide, spaced out the 02 and ground away the 02 boss, also ported the intake transition. The is SOTP, but at my power leverl I would estimate:
ported Cat 12 to 15 HP over stock
CA cat deletes 15 to 16
LT headers 25 to 50 (not kidding) deppending on the tube size and cat /not cat.
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2020, 08:55 PM   #37
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Stock triY are nice the primary restriction is the driver's side cat it is crush bent down to 1.6" ID and has an 02 stuck in there too. I cut and widen mine to be round and wide, spaced out the 02 and ground away the 02 boss, also ported the intake transition. The is SOTP, but at my power leverl I would estimate:
ported Cat 12 to 15 HP over stock
CA cat deletes 15 to 16
LT headers 25 to 50 (not kidding) deppending on the tube size and cat /not cat.
I was referring to cat delete pipes vs headers with minimum gains. Really need to change airflow into the engine for the factory manifolds to be a point of restriction
Old 05-10-2020, 11:52 PM   #38
Tooktheglory

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueSS1le View Post
Yes to all the above.
Do you have a ig bro
Tooktheglory is offline   Reply With Quote