Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2022, 12:32 AM   #1
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
Fuel pump issue

I cannot figure this out, after removing my in tank fuel pumps (Livernois dual ZL1 pump assy) and reinstalling, the pumps will not run to pressurize the fuel system at start up. Everything is connected and no leaks. I can use hp tuners to run pumps. No fuel codes. Engine runs fine after I get it started.

Anyone know of this issue and how to resolve it?

Last edited by Vicster; 08-01-2022 at 09:29 AM.
Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:49 AM   #2
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
You're running through the FPCM?
Grn/Wht wire trigger?
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
You're running through the FPCM?
Grn/Wht wire trigger?
Hello my friend, yep running through the FPCM they are the ZL1 upgrade pumps from Livernois so they run as stock fuel pumps. I had to pull the pump assy out to fix a cracked fitting. Started to have the issue after putting it back in.

The 3rd fuel pump is a complete stand alone pump that has a 5psi hobbs switch on it.
I may have found my issue though, the check valve on the 3rd fuel pump feed line maybe leaking (the mfc. told me it may have been damaged by the air in the line being blown through it.). I ordered a new flapper valve for it and will swap it out to see if it fixes it. (I think the FPCM thinks there is a fuel leak, so it does not prime the system) After starting it runs fine.

If not I may just go with the HOLLEY Dual 340 LPH Pump Module, Part # 12-350 it is rateted to 1,400hp right now I am only at 1,100hp. Isn't this the pump system you put in your ZL1? If I need to change the tank pumps out I will defenitly be contacting you!
Means I will have more fuel lines to make and I can use the oem steel line as my return line. I have all fuel lines at 8an right now and I already have relays set up that I can use, I will just pull the fuse for the 3rd fuel pump till I drop in the 427ci engine.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #4
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

HIND SIGHT

Well Hell,

Maybe I should sell off my 3rd fuel pump and just install this...
HOLLEY Dual 450 LPH Pump Module, Part # 12-351
The dual 340 LPH module $750 will support up to 1400 HP while the dual 450 LPH $950 will support up to 1750 HP.

What do you think Mark?
Attached Images

Last edited by Vicster; 08-02-2022 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:56 PM   #5
FasNuf

I'm using the Deatschwerks dual fuel pumps but they're not as big as the ones you're looking at.
I used a dedicated return line to help eliminate more fittings. I didn't want EFI fittings.

Can you send the pump in for warranty?
Old 08-02-2022, 01:38 AM   #6
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Quote:
I'm using the Deatschwerks dual fuel pumps but they're not as big as the ones you're looking at.
I used a dedicated return line to help eliminate more fittings. I didn't want EFI fittings.

Can you send the pump in for warranty?
I have had the fuel pump for several months, waiting to install it. But, the pump is fine it is the add on check valve.

What fuel pressure do you use for normal engine / idle operation? The oem system runs at 50psi. I am sure you use the boost pressure fitting on the fuel regulator.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2022, 06:28 AM   #7
FasNuf

Good Morning Vic,

My base pressure is 43.5 psi.

I set this at normal operating temps with the engine idling and the boost reference line disconnected and plugged.

I would've used the OEM setting of 58psi but my injectors are slightly too big on 93 to idle the way I want. I found it has better control of AFR with a lower base pressure.

I'm also on a fully mechanical regulator. My FPCM is only working to supply the fuel pressure reading from the sensor.

-Mark
Old 08-02-2022, 10:06 AM   #8
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

THANK YOU

Quote:
Good Morning Vic,

My base pressure is 43.5 psi.

I set this at normal operating temps with the engine idling and the boost reference line disconnected and plugged.

I would've used the OEM setting of 58psi but my injectors are slightly too big on 93 to idle the way I want. I found it has better control of AFR with a lower base pressure.

I'm also on a fully mechanical regulator. My FPCM is only working to supply the fuel pressure reading from the sensor.

-Mark
Hey Mark,
Would it be possible to get a current copy of your tune? I want to see the changes you made to the FSCM. Holley request that I use a different poWer wire for the relays, not the green/white wire. Figured I would use the FSCM power wire from the trunk fuse block think it is wire #12.

Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I have decided to replace the 3 fuel pumps with the Holley 450lph dual set up, ordered today. So I will be selling off the Livernois and Holley pumps soon.

Found this web site:
https://fuse-box.info/chevrolet/chev...uses-and-relay
It has great info for fuses.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf HOLLEY 450LPH 199r12384.pdf (1.31 MB, 122 views)

Last edited by Vicster; 08-03-2022 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-03-2022, 05:19 AM   #9
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

MOVING TO MY BUILD JOURNAL

WILL CONTINUE ON MY BUILD JOURNAL

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=571243&page=1