Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
DSX Flex Fuel Kit

I did a search, but my question was not answered, but what I found was interesting.
My question is for those that have purchased the DSX kit.
  • Did you purchase with the fuel line or are you using your OEM line?
  • If using the OEM line, is there a "kink" in the line?
  • How bad is the kink and can it be corrected...straighten out?
The description on the DSX website says it is possible to have a "kink" if using the OEM fuel line.
The price difference between their fuel line and using the OEM fuel line is $125, hence my questions.
Thank you!
Old 03-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Hey OVRKLL, when I purchased my DSX fuel kit I did get the fuel line and pulled the OEM line. I didn’t want to see if the kink showed up. Took my time with the install and paid attention installing the small wire into the ECM connection plug.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Thanks for the pic Trochoidal!

Yeah, I installed their kit on my 2016 Silverado a couple of years ago and purchased their hose as well...can't remember if there was an option or not.
I know their hose is made of good material, but unsure if not using the OEM is necessary...hence my concerns about the kink.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:33 PM   #4
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I was uncomfortable with the link so I added fittings and lines. This is still for sale.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569928
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:43 PM   #5
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I like the look of this DSX kit hose that goes across straight across on top like the original stock line. . Other brands kind of show a loop on top of the cover and it’s not that clean looking, others try to go behind towards the firewall.

Question, now does that sensor bolt down to something or does it flop around? Zip ties?
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:55 PM   #6
Dixie ZL1
NOXQCES ZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I like the look of this DSX kit hose that goes across straight across on top like the original stock line. . Other brands kind of show a loop on top of the cover and it’s not that clean looking, others try to go behind towards the firewall.

Question, now does that sensor bolt down to something or does it flop around? Zip ties?
That’s one of the things I don’t like.... looping back around I tie wrapped the sensor to the main fuel line. Otherwise it flops around.
Dixie ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
You can do whatever you want between the hard line to the tank and the hard line to the HPFP - it won't do anything for you. There is a restriction in that hard line to the fuel pump. Secondly - the flex sensor itself is very restrictive (the lines in and out of the sensor, though they are 3/8" lines, the ID is 5/16" at best)
Old 03-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #8
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
IMO, tabula rasa, Zl1 pump, stock hard line to passenger side engine side then braided AN lines and fittings to a T right off the HPFP.
All new: bulkhead fitting to the bottom of tank, filter pump, E85 sensor, all under the car, (via versa), braided line and fittings to the T right off the HPFP (under the intake manifold).
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #9
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post

Same. This looks much better amd cleaner than the ones that flop over towards the firewall with a lot of extra slack.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote