Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2023, 05:43 PM   #1
BigHungry

Drives: Chevy Camaro
P2119 code issue

Anybody have issues with a p2119 code? Car has rotofab, Katech 103, msd intake, headers tuned for e85 as well. I had the issue earlier this year and it turned out the throttle body bolts had come loose (I bought the car with the mods lol) and once I tightened them it fixed the issue. Anyway I got the code Saturday and thought it might be the same thing but it wasn’t. I looked online and tried unhooking the battery and then went through the throttle body relearn process. It lasted a day and came back on this afternoon. I’ll add the code only comes on when starting. I’ve cleared it and turned the car off and started it after driving a few times before it’ll come back on. Only thing I have is an OBDLink to look at anything engine wise. Just wondering if there’s anything else I can look at. I plan on taking the throttle body off tomorrow and cleaning it just in case. Thanks
Old 11-30-2023, 10:24 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Clean the electrical connections for the throttle body and look for damaged wiring. This code usually means electrical problem between ECM and TB actuator
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 12:35 PM   #3
BigHungry

Took it off earlier and cleaned everything, checked the harness and couldn’t find anything. Redid the throttle body relearn and drove it around. Check engine light stays off car seems to drive fine but idles a little funny. OBDLink shows idle ignition show -10 to -15 and from what I read it’s supposed to be 20 something?
Old 11-30-2023, 01:59 PM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHungry View Post
OBDLink shows idle ignition show -10 to -15 and from what I read it’s supposed to be 20 something?
What is your idle RPM? Sounds like ecm is trying to reduce it.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 12:19 PM   #5
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
P2119 is a code that does NOT set a check engine light but will show when scanned. If you are triggering a check engine light than it's from another code.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:27 AM   #6
BigHungry

Car idles at the same rpm it always has, like 6-700 going by the tach. That’s the only code that pops up when having it scanned though.