Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
Mohamed Sharaf
passionate

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Mohamed Sharaf
My Camaro has arrived

Hope you all having a great day like I am having the best day ever since my maro arrived last night

I just have a few question about how to treat my baby dull Memoe (thats her name )

Some of the question might be dummy questions but it is good to have an answer from people with experience or opinions, I'd appreciate everything each one of you have to say

My pretty 12' 2LT/RS IOM Memoe have few questions:

1) When driving Memoe and before the stop light or before anytime I hit on the breaks to stop the car fully, would going from D to N before that at any speed causes any damage to the gear box? Or it is not recommended to do so?

2) For how long do you warm your Engine when you first start the engine at the morning? In the summer and in the winter

3) How often do you change your Maros Oil? Your whole story from the first time you bought it till now

4) For those who owns a V6, which is better to use 91 Gas or 95 Gas and what is recommended? (Could be other type of gas, but here where I live we have Green 91 and Red 95)

5) At your first 500 miles, how many times did you go full throttle? What was yout maximum speed a those first 500 miles?

6) What do you think is better at the first 500 miles, drive it as you want to drive it, or stick to the manual?

7) Do you think leather protection is good or it might damage your leather or change its smell?

Your opinions, answers, and thoughts are all appreciated, thanks in advanced

I'll post later pics of my Memoe for those who are interested
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
RSloth
[COTW- Never!]

Drives: Slothy; Sloth-like
1. No.
2. Remote start when walking up to it or if its freezing like...5 minters before..
3. What the hell is a Maro? and when ever it tells me to
4. 87 cause you're missing two cylinders and it doesnt matter unless you do a fuse pull with 91 already in and keep running 91. unless 91 is all you have where ever you are.
5. you either do soft break in or hard break in.. you're choice. full throttle every where or pruis drive everywhere
6. See answer for #5
7. Have no opinion, I use Armorall and just keep it nice.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
Go by that manual
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Congrats man! On the gas, use 91 and you should be good. No need for 95. For Warm-up, wait until the rpms stabilize after starting the car (it will idle at 1k rpms or so, 30 secs when warm, maybe a minute when cold). Oil change is subjective but maybe one at 1500-2000 miles and then every 3-5k miles depending if you use regular or synthetic.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
2012 ZL1#1658

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
Congrats. Enjoy.
3M Paint Protection

2011 1SS/RS (BLACK on BLACK) <SOLD>
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamed Sharaf View Post
Hope you all having a great day like I am having the best day ever since my maro arrived last night

I just have a few question about how to treat my baby dull Memoe (thats her name )

Some of the question might be dummy questions but it is good to have an answer from people with experience or opinions, I'd appreciate everything each one of you have to say

My pretty 12' 2LT/RS IOM Memoe have few questions:

1) When driving Memoe and before the stop light or before anytime I hit on the breaks to stop the car fully, would going from D to N before that at any speed causes any damage to the gear box? Or it is not recommended to do so?

2) For how long do you warm your Engine when you first start the engine at the morning? In the summer and in the winter

3) How often do you change your Maros Oil? Your whole story from the first time you bought it till now

4) For those who owns a V6, which is better to use 91 Gas or 95 Gas and what is recommended? (Could be other type of gas, but here where I live we have Green 91 and Red 95)

5) At your first 500 miles, how many times did you go full throttle? What was yout maximum speed a those first 500 miles?

6) What do you think is better at the first 500 miles, drive it as you want to drive it, or stick to the manual?

7) Do you think leather protection is good or it might damage your leather or change its smell?

Your opinions, answers, and thoughts are all appreciated, thanks in advanced

I'll post later pics of my Memoe for those who are interested
Congratz to you man and welcome to the club!

To answer your questions:

1. If Im understanding correctly it sounds like you have an automatic. There is no need to put it in Neutral at all when coming up to a stoplight. Nor does it hurt the engine if you choose to do so. Only reason i can think of someone doing that is to rev the engine for some showboating lol. Just dont Rev it up to 6k rpms and then switch it to D. Not so good on the parts

2. I wait about 2-3 min before taking off in the winter. Unless i recently drove it then i take off immediately. If its the summer I dont wait unless im trying to cool the interior with the AC

3. When the Display tells me its at about 20-30% i will change the oil on my camaro. When i first got the mine I immediately changed it. FYI use the term 'Maro sparingly. Some people here take offense lol.

4.) I used to have a v6 and to be honest using the higher rated fuel is not necessary seeing that the v6 was tuned to use the lower octane fuel. The only thing it hurts using the higher octane is your pockets.

5. I used full throttle out of the parking lot. Everyone has their own rules they follow by. Some wait till after 500 miles others dont wait at all. And to be honest i havent heard horror stories about our cars that started from a bad break in procedure

6.) purely up to you. Whichever you feel comfortable with. Although using the tapshift is more fun

7. I personally cant answer this question I puposely got the 1ss cause i dont like leather lol
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Fiveg56

Drives: -
What is a "maro" ??
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
What is a "maro" ??
I think it's a thick, purple growth on old people's ankles.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / Magnaflow Resonated X pipe / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

SGTMiller278CAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
This!

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #11
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
What is a "maro" ??
+1
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Welcome! Congrats on the Camaro!

I'd with the below... except I wouldn't completely trust the oil gauge, it can get reset rather easily. Just keep track of your intervals and can never hurt to check the oil the old fashion way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Congratz to you man and welcome to the club!

To answer your questions:

1. If Im understanding correctly it sounds like you have an automatic. There is no need to put it in Neutral at all when coming up to a stoplight. Nor does it hurt the engine if you choose to do so. Only reason i can think of someone doing that is to rev the engine for some showboating lol. Just dont Rev it up to 6k rpms and then switch it to D. Not so good on the parts

2. I wait about 2-3 min before taking off in the winter. Unless i recently drove it then i take off immediately. If its the summer I dont wait unless im trying to cool the interior with the AC

3. When the Display tells me its at about 20-30% i will change the oil on my camaro. When i first got the mine I immediately changed it. FYI use the term 'Maro sparingly. Some people here take offense lol.

4.) I used to have a v6 and to be honest using the higher rated fuel is not necessary seeing that the v6 was tuned to use the lower octane fuel. The only thing it hurts using the higher octane is your pockets.

5. I used full throttle out of the parking lot. Everyone has their own rules they follow by. Some wait till after 500 miles others dont wait at all. And to be honest i havent heard horror stories about our cars that started from a bad break in procedure

6.) purely up to you. Whichever you feel comfortable with. Although using the tapshift is more fun

7. I personally cant answer this question I puposely got the 1ss cause i dont like leather lol
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
For leather treatment use hot soapy water to clean. Then wipe it down with Lexol.
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Congrats!

Everything has been covered on your answers. However, what I like to do in the mornings right before I get ready is use my remote start and let it be warming up (you have a 2LT so you should by default have auto start), this helps a lot.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote