Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2022, 02:56 PM   #15
Shenron

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam765 View Post
Well, I think you got TCM stuff to look at, I'm pretty confident.

Excuse me if i seem etupid for asking this but, how does the tcm interfere with the ecm ability to work?
Shenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 04:53 PM   #16
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
Ecm isn't going to try and start the engine unless the tcm says it's in park otherwise the car might run through a wall
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:11 PM   #17
Shenron

Quote:

Okay so we made confirmation just about 5 minutes ago that the communication stops at the tcm. The scanner has access to the bcm, pscm and the brake. We’re making the jumper wires now to try and see if we can get the ecm communicating.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:35 PM   #18
Shenron

Quote:
The ecm is communicating when we jumped what you said.

We were even able to scan codes from the ecm with the jumpers for the tcm. We’re not too sure where to go from here.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:58 AM   #19
cam765

Drives: 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenron View Post
The ecm is communicating when we jumped what you said.

We were even able to scan codes from the ecm with the jumpers for the tcm. We’re not too sure where to go from here.
Good news, glad it worked out. Is it possible the TCM somehow installed with the connector rotated 180 deg? The connector is slotted/tabbed so this wouldn't be easy to do, but maybe double check. Does the "lever" part that connector seem to seat the connector on the TCM fine when you rotate it downward?

And this harness and TCM is original to your car? If so, I can't think of anything beyond damage or lose/improper connection.
cam765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 12:45 PM   #20
Shenron

Quote:
Good news, glad it worked out. Is it possible the TCM somehow installed with the connector rotated 180 deg? The connector is slotted/tabbed so this wouldn't be easy to do, but maybe double check. Does the "lever" part that connector seem to seat the connector on the TCM fine when you rotate it downward?

And this harness and TCM is original to your car? If so, I can't think of anything beyond damage or lose/improper connection.
I don’t believe so, the connecter seems to make good connection and there is no issues with the lever, the harness is original to the car and so is the tcm, we’re not too sure where to go from here.
Old 04-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #21
cam765

Quote:
I don’t believe so, the connecter seems to make good connection and there is no issues with the lever, the harness is original to the car and so is the tcm, we’re not too sure where to go from here.
That is perplexing. Probably the only other thing I can offer would be to inspect the wiring around the TCM. Could it have been damaged during the removal or install? I would think it is unlikely the TCM itself was damaged.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:16 PM   #22
Shenron

Quote:
That is perplexing. Probably the only other thing I can offer would be to inspect the wiring around the TCM. Could it have been damaged during the removal or install? I would think it is unlikely the TCM itself was damaged.
Not that i can think of, the wiring down there is quite tight.

Do you have facebook or anything?
Old 04-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #23
cam765

Quote:
Not that i can think of, the wiring down there is quite tight.

Do you have facebook or anything?
I don't use Facebook. Feel free to PM me here, but I'm kind of at a lost for what else to try. Did the new engine come with a TCM? It would need to be programmed, but could install it to see if it at least solves the comm issue.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:56 AM   #24
Shenron

Quote:
I don't use Facebook. Feel free to PM me here, but I'm kind of at a lost for what else to try. Did the new engine come with a TCM? It would need to be programmed, but could install it to see if it at least solves the comm issue.

It didn’t come with one, using the same tcm and ecm.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:20 PM   #25
cam765

Quote:
It didn’t come with one, using the same tcm and ecm.
I think that may be risky to buy a new one. I have no explanation for how the TCM could have gone bad during a swap, but its a possibility. But that would be an expensive shot in the dark.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:16 PM   #26
Shenron

Quote:
I think that may be risky to buy a new one. I have no explanation for how the TCM could have gone bad during a swap, but its a possibility. But that would be an expensive shot in the dark.
Cam, i can’t tell you how helpful you have been and how i appreciative i am that you whole heartedly helped me with this issue, it’s been a huge struggle doing all of this and needless to say it is very demotivating to take on such a big project to be let down at the end, i drive to calm my PTSD it’s one of the only things i can do to help keep my mind at ease, up until today we still are not sure what to do or where to go from here.
Old 04-18-2022, 10:13 AM   #27
cam765

Quote:
Cam, i can’t tell you how helpful you have been and how i appreciative i am that you whole heartedly helped me with this issue, it’s been a huge struggle doing all of this and needless to say it is very demotivating to take on such a big project to be let down at the end, i drive to calm my PTSD it’s one of the only things i can do to help keep my mind at ease, up until today we still are not sure what to do or where to go from here.
Anytime, happy to have helped. I hope you are able to figure this out. Please reach back out if you find anything new, I am interested in hearing how you resolve this.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:37 PM   #28
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
I think there are a couple of TCM fuses in the under-hood fuse block. I didn't see in the thread where those were checked (sorry if I missed it)...
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote