Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
What would be a reasonable price for 2016/2017 2SS CPO?

I've read a few threads on here with people saying they got their 2SS CPO for mid to low 30k OTD. Everything I'm finding is in the higher 30k. I'm not looking at anything with over 10k miles so what would be a reasonable price to pay? So far the lowest I've gotten for a 2016 with 2k miles was 41k OTD and I thought that was still pretty high even if it does have low miles. He came back and said he could maybe do 40k after he talks with his manager tomorrow. Anyone have any advice on tactics/tips? I'd appreciate it.
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
This seems like a simple thing.

Stop shopping CPO.

You’ll then land in the lower 30s then use the savings vs the CPO to buy the the Chevy Extended Protection Plan from Dennis Fichtner.

As long as whatever car you get is still under factory warranty, you can add the Chevy Extended Protection Plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
No tactics to help, sorry, but I have been following Craigslist and autotrader for a while and I agree with you. Cpo are mid to high 30’s. Some cheaper options on cl but there is risk. You can mitigate some risk with service records and Carfax. I recently bought an older truck ok cl and got very lucky. My reality though is that I will have to wait a year or two to afford the purchase of a g6. Oh well. Good luck and pls post if when u buy.

Last edited by Aragorn; 08-19-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Craigslist
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
This seems like a simple thing.

Stop shopping CPO.

You’ll then land in the lower 30s then use the savings vs the CPO to buy the the Chevy Extended Protection Plan from Dennis Fichtner.

As long as whatever car you get is still under factory warranty, you can add the Chevy Extended Protection Plan.

+1. Keep looking. There are some good prices on some nice Camaros out there, plus more coming daily. You’re in the sweet spot of the year. Hit all the car sites, bookmark your Camaro searches (I did) and check them regularly. You’re sure to meet that special someone with pretty blue eyes and big, gigantic- um... dubs.

Happy hunting!
Old 08-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #5
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
That is crazy money. 2 years ago you could buy a new 16 2ss for under $35k. Auto and npp.

I would think for $41k you would be looking at a new 2019 with lots of options
Old 08-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
I've read a few threads on here with people saying they got their 2SS CPO for mid to low 30k OTD. Everything I'm finding is in the higher 30k. I'm not looking at anything with over 10k miles so what would be a reasonable price to pay? So far the lowest I've gotten for a 2016 with 2k miles was 41k OTD and I thought that was still pretty high even if it does have low miles. He came back and said he could maybe do 40k after he talks with his manager tomorrow. Anyone have any advice on tactics/tips? I'd appreciate it.
Here’s an oddity. NEW Camaros here in Phoenix in the 30’s are actually pretty common. Cpo’s not so much.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
4door65guy

Drives: 2016 2SS MAG/NPP
I got my 2016 2SS CPO with mag ride, m6, NPP for 32k with 4k miles on the odometer. I also waited a long time to find the right deal though, it was by far the best deal I came across over months of searching.
4door65guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4door65guy View Post
I got my 2016 2SS CPO with mag ride, m6, NPP for 32k with 4k miles on the odometer. I also waited a long time to find the right deal though, it was by far the best deal I came across over months of searching.
That does sound like a great deal, and exactly what I'm looking for. Right now I have 2 2017's 2SS with mag ride, m6, NPP, (one has the red interior i want). The red interior is at 15k miles at $38K OTD whereas the other has 1,500 miles and just about $40k OTD. Both are certified (well the 1,500 mile one is an extra $500 for certified) so at least I have that going for them.

Pretty sure these are high from what I'm reading on this forum but its hard to find anything near me to begin with. These are both 1,800 miles away from me and the best I've found for what I want.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #9
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
what does certified even mean on a car with only 15k miles on it?
Old 08-20-2018, 04:26 PM   #10
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
what does certified even mean on a car with only 15k miles on it?
Just that they do their "172 point inspection" and you get 72mo/100,000 mile powertrain warranty and maybe some other warranty extended a little.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #11
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
What would be a reasonable price for 2016/2017 2SS CPO?

Worthless.

Save the money and get the Chevy Extended Protection plan. Limiting yourself to CPO is the definition of insanity.

At the price point that you’re shopping all of them will have relatively low mileage. CPO means nothing other than a checklist and a limited power train warranty, you’re willing to pay $4-5K extra for that?

Find the car you want with the features you want non-CPO, and it’ll probably come in the low 30s. Add the Chevy Extended Protection plan and you have a better protection plan than the CPO could ever offer.

Don’t buy into the gimmick that CPO is anything other than a way to charge a premium on a used car that isn’t likely to need the warranty included with it.

Got my 2016 2SS NPP, M6, MagRide, Sunroof, Black Mosaic, Kalahari and I’m sure I’m missing some stuff for $30K OTD in November. It had 6800 miles. In December I added a 72month/100,000 mile $0 deductible Chevy Extended Protection Plan for $2,245.

It’s not hard.

Last edited by ecko04; 08-20-2018 at 05:52 PM.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Worthless.

Save the money and get the Chevy Extended Protection plan. Limiting yourself to CPO is the definition of insanity.

At the price point that you’re shopping all of them will have relatively low mileage. CPO means nothing other than a checklist and a limited power train warranty, you’re willing to pay $4-5K extra for that?

Find the car you want with the features you want non-CPO, and it’ll probably come in the low 30s. Add the Chevy Extended Protection plan and you have a better protection plan than the CPO could ever offer.

Don’t buy into the gimmick that CPO is anything other than a way to charge a premium on a used car that isn’t likely to need the warranty included with it.

What does the chevy extended plan have and how much does it cost? I'm new to car buying and the overall consensus from friends and family is CPO is better. Obviously they might not be the most well informed but its what I've had to reference so far.

Only reason I've been looking at CPO's is because any car that meets most of my wants is far away. So I can't go look at it and be thorough. My thought process is, find one that fits the wants and price, get it with CPO so in case something comes up I should be covered and I know its been looked at "thoroughly". Now whether it actually is or isn't I guess I can't know.

There is one non CPO that I found that hits everything aesthetic wise, just lacks MRC. It's actually middle of the road from the 2 I mentioned above in price. One thing that concerns me however is that the rotors look... weird. I'm not sure if they're rusty or dirty or what but to me just doesn't look right. Maybe its nothing, just surface rust. But then it makes me wonder how the rest of the car is and what I can't see in the pictures. Their google reviews shows 4.3/5 with 170 reviews so obviously its not a scam place.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #13
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
I was able to get my CPO 2017 back in Feb 2018 for $38k out the door. it has just over 3k miles, MRC, NPP, auto, Nav and NO sunroof (hate those damn things). I did not limit myself to CPO but this one popped up at a good price with everything I wanted (I was flexible on the color, just no black or white). I was also able to get them to put on 4 new tires and an alignment before I drove off at no additional cost.
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #14
ImmDanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirad54 View Post
I was able to get my CPO 2017 back in Feb 2018 for $38k out the door. it has just over 3k miles, MRC, NPP, auto, Nav and NO sunroof (hate those damn things). I did not limit myself to CPO but this one popped up at a good price with everything I wanted (I was flexible on the color, just no black or white). I was also able to get them to put on 4 new tires and an alignment before I drove off at no additional cost.
Seems to be what I'm finding price wise. I even inquired about a 2016 1SS with fairly low miles and was given a $35k OTD and that wasn't CPO. I'm sure good deals come up but it seems the average is slightly higher.