#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 06-22-2022, 02:56 PM   #15
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
Okay sweet I'll get the Motul 660 I used that in my past cars for track and liked it. And with a fluid of this performance is there typically no fade at all? Because every other aspect of the car performs at such a high level if I didn't have to worry about babying the brakes I would have been giving the trailered track prepped cars a run for their money haha.
I ran 660 my first 2 years and I still had some spongy brake issues. I have not had it with castrol SRF. just an FYI
Old 06-22-2022, 03:18 PM   #16
cad78

Drives: 2022 ZL1
I was there in the Novice class (what a pain) and had brakes all day. I had never road raced before and had stock brakes with SRF fluid. I could do 140 on the back stretch and they worked great into turn 17. I was doing 125 on the front leading into turn 1 and the tires were more pissed than the brakes.

I will bleed them again before Daytona in August, but am confident in the brakes more than anything else on the car. I'm hoping to move into the next class soon, as the slow traffic was terrible.
cad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:29 PM   #17
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I tracked my SS 1LE at Sebring for the first time last month with SRF brake fluid and didn't experience any braking issues running 25 minute sessions with those deflectors and splash shields mentioned above on stock brake pads but the high temperature was around 90 rather than 100. I also did some partial cooldown laps whenever I would catch another car in a bad spot but that was more for controlling tire temperature. I did get a significant amount of rear brake pad taper on that set with the top of each pad wearing several mm more than the bottom which was likely from Sebring but it possibly could have been from another track.
I forgot to mention that I was using PTM Race at the beginning of each session and PTM Sport 2 towards the middle/end of the sessions when the tires got hot and started sliding more. If you were running a more intrusive PTM mode (or Track mode without using PTM) the car will put more heat into the brakes by braking individual wheels to keep you from sliding. Be ready to countersteer to catch slides if you are driving in PTM Sport 2 or PTM Race. There are more details about the different PTM modes here: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496996
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 08:07 AM   #18
Briland_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
I was at that event as well running in Advanced and you are correct...it was HOT.

OEM pads are great and I ran them for years with good results at Sebring and Daytona, but you need good fluid. Motul600 at a minimum and ideally SRF. Just don't forget that in the high humidity environment of Florida, you will need to bleed/flush more frequently.

Two other 1LE's were running with me in advanced. Both were on OEM brake pads with SRF and they had brakes all day.
I was in the blue 1LE in advanced as well. I was right behind that S2000 when he money shifted it and blew the engine haha. I’m going to get some real fluid in there and the bigger wind deflectors then see how the next trackday is. South florida summer is here so it’ll be a real test.
Briland_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote