Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 06-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #15
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Ford doesn't seem to be having problems with Mustang. Why can't Chevrolet get it right???
Ford builds Mustangs the base wants. Chevy builds Camaros that management allows. Management doesn’t care about Camaro or the people that want them.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:53 PM   #16
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Ford doesn't seem to be having problems with Mustang. Why can't Chevrolet get it right???
They have it right (from a performance perspective). It seems though that only enthusiasts and bench racers care about that. Not to mention the general direction of GM is in contrast.....

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:55 PM   #17
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ford builds Mustangs the base wants. Chevy builds Camaros that management allows. Management doesn’t care about Camaro or the people that want them.
I'd also say that overall Mustang is more important to Ford than Camaro is to GM.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #18
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
They have it right (from a performance perspective). It seems though that only enthusiasts and bench racers care about that. Not to mention the general direction of GM is in contrast.....
This is what I am talking about. They seem to have their interests in the wrong direction. There is a lot of talk about EVs from many car manufacturers. However it seems that GM is willing to sacrifice their entire fleet of cars for a relatively unexciting and mundane platform.

Despite what GM suggests, there are certain areas where they will not be able to eliminate ICE vehicles. Specifically their lightweight truck and SUV lines. These lines are the most profitable for both GM and Chevrolet, and to eliminate the gas powered Silverados, Tahoe and Suburban is a kin to the proverbial suicide pill.

Additionally, it is my belief that the company will not be able to convert Corvette entirely to EV as well. If you change a traditional product too much, customers will not recognize it and will stop buying it.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #19
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Despite what GM suggests, there are certain areas where they will not be able to eliminate ICE vehicles. Specifically their lightweight truck and SUV lines. These lines are the most profitable for both GM and Chevrolet, and to eliminate the gas powered Silverados, Tahoe and Suburban is a kin to the proverbial suicide pill.
These high profit margin vehicles are funding EV development and GM's strategic pivot to electrification. I think other than the Corvette which GM considers a halo vehicle, none of their other ICE vehicles matter. It shows.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 06-08-2022, 08:40 AM   #20
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
These high profit margin vehicles are funding EV development and GM's strategic pivot to electrification. I think other than the Corvette which GM considers a halo vehicle, none of their other ICE vehicles matter. It shows.
This.

That is essentially what ford said a few months ago too. They are going to focus on EVs, but understand the importance of their core ICE vehicles going forward. F-series, Mustang and Bronco
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:08 AM   #21
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Truss me, their Silverado, which is one of the least expensive vehicles to build, nets better than 600,000 units in yearly sales (without GMC), and with an average msrp of 45,000. Believe me, this product matters---a lot. The corvette would not be able to save Chevrolet or GM if they were to lose sales from the pickup and light truck segment. They can afford to take chances with a low volume segment like corvette, but the majority of their truck customers demand ICE, so GM will continue to produce ICE engines,.....or else.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #22
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Truss me, their Silverado, which is one of the least expensive vehicles to build, nets better than 600,000 units in yearly sales (without GMC), and with an average msrp of 45,000. Believe me, this product matters---a lot. The corvette would not be able to save Chevrolet or GM if they were to lose sales from the pickup and light truck segment. They can afford to take chances with a low volume segment like corvette, but the majority of their truck customers demand ICE, so GM will continue to produce ICE engines,.....or else.
I probably worded that odd. I meant aside from the high profit vehicles (including the Silverado, full size SUVs, etc), the only other vehicle that they care about now is the Corvette.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost