Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
SCT capable of logging multiple vehicles?

Wanted to log another vehicle. But livelink fails when trying to communicate. Is it possible to log other vehicles or is the SCT just able to log one vehicle? Would I have to unmarry the SCT? If so, I believe that it can only be done a number of times, think 5. The other vehicle is an 01 Escape with P1132, 1152, 0172, 0175. Codes are for both upstream O2s and both banks rich. Was hoping to view a few things and narrow down the problem(s).
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Wanted to log another vehicle. But livelink fails when trying to communicate. Is it possible to log other vehicles or is the SCT just able to log one vehicle? Would I have to unmarry the SCT? If so, I believe that it can only be done a number of times, think 5. The other vehicle is an 01 Escape with P1132, 1152, 0172, 0175. Codes are for both upstream O2s and both banks rich. Was hoping to view a few things and narrow down the problem(s).
I think ford and gm use different handhelds to communicate so I doubt that you'll be able to do this.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

The livelink 2 shows the option for ford and gm, so idk. Followed the steps and failed. Don't know if the hand held is locked to the camaro vin, thus causing the issue of communication failure.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Old 09-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
The livelink 2 shows the option for ford and gm, so idk. Followed the steps and failed. Don't know if the hand held is locked to the camaro vin, thus causing the issue of communication failure.
The handheld isn't 100% locked because you can still use it to read codes on others cars.

As for using the livelink.... Got me. I only log the camaro.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Your GM SCT tuner can Log Any Supported GM Vehicle.

You will need a Ford Unit to Log a Supported Ford Product.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Ted.

It is because you are trying to use it on a Ford.

The vin locking only applies to tuning. All the other functions such as logging and code reading will work on other vehicles as long as they are from the same manufacturer.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Ted.
Gotcha, that explains it. Thanks.