Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-01-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Same with me the new update stuff sucks ass. nothing but bugs and glitches, im so pissed off with the software im ready to take my car to the local dyno and get ripped off paying 1200 for a tune (yes thats the cost).

I get nothing but errors i have tried the new updates and firmware etc, its really garbage. It used to work OK before but this is just a joke.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
I too have had nothing but data logging issues and still cant get my stuff over to Ted. I gave up after hours of frustration.
Soon your hrs will turn to days, then weeks, then ?????
Talked with SCT tech today. "Camaro Software Engineer" is to be working on the updates. I believe I've talked with every tech at SCT, at least twice. Maybe I'm crazy or just in disbelief, but I'm starting to laugh at the whole situation.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #17
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtar41 View Post
Same with me the new update stuff sucks ass. nothing but bugs and glitches, im so pissed off with the software im ready to take my car to the local dyno and get ripped off paying 1200 for a tune (yes thats the cost).
For that price, You can buy two HP Tuners pro versions with enough credits to work on 8 Camaro's with unlimited tunes.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
For that price, You can buy two HP Tuners pro versions with enough credits to work on 8 Camaro's with unlimited tunes.

lol i hear ya, id just drive the car down to illinois (4 hours away) and have speed inc tune it VS really paying that much. im just fed up with sct to be honest.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
mpyle007

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Well I think if they can't get it right then they should refund our money. For what I paid for the tuner I could of had my car tuned on a dyno at a local shop. Ted is awesome but I can't data log with my SCT and need to do so to get things right.
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyle007 View Post
Well I think if they can't get it right then they should refund our money. For what I paid for the tuner I could of had my car tuned on a dyno at a local shop. Ted is awesome but I can't data log with my SCT and need to do so to get things right.
If you call SCT and have an internet connection they can get remote access to your computer and get it working.

Sometimes it is Windows and sometimes it is Comm Port issues and sometimes it is software or hardware.

They have been very successful at getting everyone going that has had issues.

It seems to be about 10% of the People I send tuners out to that are having a Problem for one reason or another, Don't give up, We are Here To Help.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
If you call SCT and have an internet connection they can get remote access to your computer and get it working.

Sometimes it is Windows and sometimes it is Comm Port issues and sometimes it is software or hardware.

They have been very successful at getting everyone going that has had issues.

It seems to be about 10% of the People I send tuners out to that are having a Problem for one reason or another, Don't give up, We are Here To Help.

Ted.

Ya, but somethings just aren't right. My issues are with their firmware or software or . I had it logging, but values were not correct. Then an update on the firmware, now PIDs failed. If you get it logging, you may be able to log the PIDs that Ted needs. But fuel pressure is wayyyyyy off.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #22
997turbo

Drives: CAMARO 1SS 2011
I wasted 2 nights to figure it out,tried 2 x laptop with 3x firmware and never got it work.It keep showing nothing when logging.

Finally I got it work with on device logging.make sure you have 137.03.
Do everything like usual,after read pids out and selected,click export Dle.
Then write whatever name you want it show in sct and save it.
Now leave the laptop there,do not disconnect anything.pick the sct,press cancel to return back to main manual.select data logging,then setup monitor,choose no and next,it will show the del file you just saved.select then you will see pids,select all then press cancel to done. You now can start logging. After logging press cancel to save.
Return to laptop,click import dle. You can then download the datalog file back from the sct and save.

Try then.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #23
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997turbo View Post
I wasted 2 nights to figure it out,tried 2 x laptop with 3x firmware and never got it work.It keep showing nothing when logging.

Finally I got it work with on device logging.make sure you have 137.03.
Do everything like usual,after read pids out and selected,click export Dle.
Then write whatever name you want it show in sct and save it.
Now leave the laptop there,do not disconnect anything.pick the sct,press cancel to return back to main manual.select data logging,then setup monitor,choose no and next,it will show the del file you just saved.select then you will see pids,select all then press cancel to done. You now can start logging. After logging press cancel to save.
Return to laptop,click import dle. You can then download the datalog file back from the sct and save.

Try then.
Haven't tried logging that way yet, by using handheld and loading info to the computer. Seems like more headaches.
Anyway, after talking with SCT, they now recommend logging with more than the 2 PIDs during a session. Originally they asked me to log with only speed and fuel pressure which = 2. Chose 5 PIDs and it logged. But as before, values and units were wrong. Chose Fahrenheit, mph and psi as units. Units displayed on the logging screen were Fahrenheit, mph and psi. But the values 42 for ait, 90 for engine coolant temp and 133 for fuel pressure can not be correct. The values for temp appear to be in Celsius, although I selected Fahrenheit. 42C converts to 107F and 90F converts to 194F. But fuel pressure is still wrong, even if 133 is in kpa, which equals 19psi. SCT states that there may be issues and to multiply by 3 to get the correct value. This sounds probable. 133 kpa x 3 = 399, 399kpa converts to 58psi. Which kinda makes since, because their equation in the list with PIDs is KPa=X*3. So maybe I'm getting somewhere. But I still don't want to do conversions, same goes for the analog input recording voltage.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

I have a Log Configuration for you guys that are having problems email me at tedj@jannettyracing.com and I will get it to you.

We have been testing it on a few cars and it has worked every time so far.

SCT engineering provided this to me last week.

Ted.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad View Post
I gave up now mine is for sale cheap
PM me how much and if its not VINd to a vehicle. Im looking at turning my dyno tunes into SCT tunes like I do with my HP Tuners program for you guys at a cut rate price and better performance gains.

I need a handset unit to see if they are more than just a canned tune upload unit.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
PM me how much and if its not VINd to a vehicle. Im looking at turning my dyno tunes into SCT tunes like I do with my HP Tuners program for you guys at a cut rate price and better performance gains.

I need a handset unit to see if they are more than just a canned tune upload unit.
He has a 3400 which I buy Blank and Write Every tune from scratch just like one would do with HP tuners.

I send them a Blank tuner, they upload the stock file from the car, email it to me, I write the tune file, convert it to a CEF format and email it to them, they load it in the tuner then in the car.

The 3416 has 2 or 3 Preloaded Canned tunes for Stock cars separated by octane.

The 3416 can also support custom tuning, store and load up to 3 custom tunes.

Examples of the 3416 are the SF3 tuner, an Edelbrock, Vortech Paxton Lysholm handheld.

Come over to the Dark Side you will be very impressed.

Ted.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
jordan 572

Drives: none
Does anyone have a list of the units pids are logged in? One I am very curious about is MAP, I am trying to convert it to boost psi but don't know how.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #28
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
Does anyone have a list of the units pids are logged in? One I am very curious about is MAP, I am trying to convert it to boost psi but don't know how.
It logs it in kpa. The link below is what I use to convert kpa to psi.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/presskpapsicvt.html
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote