Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #15
Andy@AMSOIL
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
I am interested in Amsoil for the manual trans. fluid change. PM sent.
Got it
Andy@AMSOIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
I'm not sure at what micron level a paint strainer filters. It does allow metal flaked paint to pass through it. I don't believe anyone would want metal flake in their gear lube. But at least you have piece of mind, bigger chunks, big problems.
Exactly what I was looking for, the visible to the eye particles. The paint strainer allows metallic paint to pass through it, metal flake is a different beast that comes in different grades/sizes.