Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
HP Tuner Professional edition

Anyone know of any deals going on for these? I'm about to purchase one.
Thanks,
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
HPT pricing is pretty much locked in by HPT. I've never seen a discount on anything related to the tuning suite or the credits.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
HPT pricing is pretty much locked in by HPT. I've never seen a discount on anything related to the tuning suite or the credits.
Thanks... Yeah I'm getting that response a bit. Was worth a try. Really going to get into some serious data logging and have to buy a windows laptop since most tuners aren't friendly with my mac. Wife is a little happy because she wants a new laptop but damn.... could easily drop 2k for it all. At least her birthday is on the 29th. I wonder if she will like the HP Tuner too? LOL
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 01:51 AM   #4
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Thanks... Yeah I'm getting that response a bit. Was worth a try. Really going to get into some serious data logging and have to buy a windows laptop since most tuners aren't friendly with my mac. Wife is a little happy because she wants a new laptop but damn.... could easily drop 2k for it all. At least her birthday is on the 29th. I wonder if she will like the HP Tuner too? LOL
I have to get an updated tuner.

I'd be willing to go in for a group purchase.

I'd also like to attend their Add-on school.

Here's a plan,

Take her on a 3-day vacation at an "all-inclusive resort" near HP-Tuners.

You go to the tuning school while she's being pampered....Win-Win
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:02 PM   #5
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
Quote:

I bought hp and just picked up a cheap windows tablet to use with it. tablet was only $89
Old 07-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #6
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Do NOT use an everyday laptop as your tuning laptop. You run the risk of it catching something while playing online, etc. It's best to have a dedicated machine that you don't go online with. That's the best way. The files are easy to put on a flash drive and transfer. That'll keep it from the possibility of getting infected.

HPTuners doesn't offer a tuning school, but The Tuning School out of Florida has a pretty all encompassing course. They teach with HPTuners.

I just got my standard version from them a few weeks ago, they were a bit shocked when I showed up....apparently they don't get many people walking in.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Anyone know of any deals going on for these? I'm about to purchase one.
Thanks,
Purchase an HPtuners VCM suite from me and I support you with Free custom tuning for any cold air kit and any cat back already installed.

1 time License fee on my end applies at additional cost.

Other mods already installed carry 1 time tuning charges.

Any future parts purchase from JRE qualify for FREE custom tuning.

Now that's a Deal!

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #8
aauno

Drives: Camaro - All Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwelch69 View Post
I bought hp and just picked up a cheap windows tablet to use with it. tablet was only $89
What tablet? I thought I would need to buy a chrome book or something.
aauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #9
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aauno View Post
What tablet? I thought I would need to buy a chrome book or something.
It's Microsoft Windows application, won't work on a Chrome book, Linux or Andriod based device.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote