Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-07-2022, 07:37 AM   #1
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Best Quality replacement Brembo Caliper stickers?

Hi, I may Powder coat my calipers and I would like to replace the stickers with a High Quality replacement sticker, Are OEM ones available? are there other options? I have looked online and see lots of options but I would like some first hand experience as I assume not all are equal. Thank you.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:06 PM   #2
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
It seems like a lot of people buy the decals off of eBay. I'm not aware of any oem decals being available. Hopefully others will weigh in.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:56 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Any vinyl sticker is going to discolor if you actually USE your brakes. Heat does things to plastic.
The original labels are painted on. Brembo doesn't sell stickers, but there are many reproductions on Ebay.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 06:18 PM   #4
Joe.G

I figured that, I was hoping someone has found some higher quality ones that hold up.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 03-07-2022, 07:15 PM   #5
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
You could always order the sticker as a whole instead of having the outer piece removed and remove the letters instead. Put it on your caliper after powder coating and use it as a stencil to paint the letters. Remove the stencil then clear coat over that. That’s what I plan on doing.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:12 PM   #6
Joe.G

That's a good idea, I think I am going to ceramic coat my Calipers and see if it brings some shine to them, They just look a bit dull , If I like the look I may not powder coat them.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 03-07-2022, 08:16 PM   #7
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
That's a good idea, I think I am going to ceramic coat my Calipers and see if it brings some shine to them, They just look a bit dull , If I like the look I may not powder coat them.
Make sure you can get the rebuild kit for your particular calipers before you take them off for powder coating. Most places will require them to be stripped of pads, seals, and dust boots before powder coating. I just had mine done and found out the rebuild kits are on back order.

Unless you actively track the car, the seals will likely be fine but you might booger up a dust boot removing them.

I originally ordered a kit off ebay and some of the seals and dust boots were the wrong size. The kit also contained new bleeders and one of them was a different wrench size than the others. I was able to reuse my seals and some of the dust boots. I also reused one of the bleeders so all of them were the same size.

I had never rebuilt a caliper before but it was very, very easy.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:19 PM   #8
Joe.G

Thanks for the tip, I may order the kits just to have them on the shelf.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 03-07-2022, 08:45 PM   #9
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
TIPS for the decals. Order curved ones in different sizes for front & back. Don't clear coat it will turn them yellowish.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #10
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Just look for heat resistant brembo decals on ebay, mine from 4 years ago are still the same without any fading.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:33 AM   #11
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Powder coat them puppies!! I had mine done by Kevin at Madison Coatings, total rebuild, decals and everything. https://madisonpowdercoating.com/bra...ers/camaro.asp

If you are going to do it locally, as stated, get the hi-temp decals. I did that before I had them powder coated when I did the G2 caliper paint route. We cleared over them after the paint and no discoloring. Were on there for about5 years before the powder coating. Here is a pic of the Madison Coating job..

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 762
Size:  342.1 KB

Name:  003.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  329.2 KB

Old 03-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #12
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Any vinyl sticker is going to discolor if you actually USE your brakes. Heat does things to plastic.
The original labels are painted on. Brembo doesn't sell stickers, but there are many reproductions on Ebay.
Ive had vinyl decals on both my 2010 calipers for the last 6 years and on my 2001 SS Calipers for the past 16+ years. No discoloring, no peeling, no issues. Guess im lucky. and both cars have seen plenty of brake heat from track days

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:19 AM   #13
Joe.G

Anyone have links to the ones they are using?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 03-08-2022, 01:33 PM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I got mine from these folks...
https://www.facebook.com/towerdecals