Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I completely 100% agree with everything Doug said about GM. They absolutely bombed with the Blazer. That was GM's opportunity to do exactly what Ford did with the new Bronco and GM failed. Miserably. What GM could have and SHOULD have done, is make the Trailblazer what the new Blazer is now, and bring a REAL Blazer back with significant homage to the original K5.

In fact I was saying that as GM was unveiling the Blazer. I even said that I wouldn't doubt if Ford brought the Bronco back properly, with homage to the original.

No, GM failed here. This is a huge opportunity for big money makers and GM served up just another ho-hum SUV.
The Blazer itself if not a failure....it's just the wrong name (so as you say...GM's failure). Did everyone complain about this Blazer as well back in the day? (maybe they did...I honestly don't know) but at least the new Blazer apparently isn't the first Blazer that GM has screwed up...right?

As for no ZR2s at the MOAB trail, how many Wranglers there are stock? Of course the Wrangler is popular there, but that doesn't mean the ZR2 isn't a capable offroad machine. It's been proven many times to be. I never claimed it was just as capable as a decked out Wrangler Rubicon, but in it's segment, it is the best there is.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:35 PM   #44
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
The Blazer itself if not a failure....it's just the wrong name (so as you say...GM's failure). Did everyone complain about this Blazer as well back in the day? (maybe they did...I honestly don't know) but at least the new Blazer apparently isn't the first Blazer that GM has screwed up...right?

As for no ZR2s at the MOAB trail, how many Wranglers there are stock? Of course the Wrangler is popular there, but that doesn't mean the ZR2 isn't a capable offroad machine. It's been proven many times to be. I never claimed it was just as capable as a decked out Wrangler Rubicon, but in it's segment, it is the best there is.
Right, there’s nothing wrong with THAT Blazer, but at that time everyone knew it as the S-10 Blazer, while the K5 was still in production along side it. Everyone I knew knew the difference and was fine with it.

Today there’s no other Blazer than the front wheel drive biased Camaro copy SUV that would break in two on some of the Moab trails.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #45
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Right, there’s nothing wrong with THAT Blazer, but at that time everyone knew it as the S-10 Blazer, while the K5 was still in production along side it. Everyone I knew knew the difference and was fine with it.

Today there’s no other Blazer than the front wheel drive biased Camaro copy SUV that would break in two on some of the Moab trails.
Actually, at the time the 1995 S-10 Blazer redesign came out, there was no more K5 Blazer, just the Tahoe.

Just a point for clarification.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:48 AM   #46
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Actually, at the time the 1995 S-10 Blazer redesign came out, there was no more K5 Blazer, just the Tahoe.

Just a point for clarification.
True, however they did build the 2 door Tahoe until 1999 and that was really the next generation of the K5 Blazer.

And the 1995 redesign of the S-10 Blazer was more of a facelift. It was pretty much the same and looked similar. I actually prefer the 1985-94 interior better.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #47
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I just don't think there would be much interest in a 2-door Tahoe these days, even if it was meant as a direct Bronco competitor.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #48
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
I just don't think there would be much interest in a 2-door Tahoe these days, even if it was meant as a direct Bronco competitor.
I personally never understood the appeal of a full size 2 door SUV.

I doubt many people that buy Tahoes now even now it used to be available in a 2 door lol. I don't think a 2 door tahoe would work. They would literally need something of similar size to combat the Bronco/Wrangler.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #49
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
If it was done right there would be. GM is too late to the game though. If they ever did bring one out it’d be like the little kid in the back of the crowd jumping up and down going “what about me” and everyone ignoring him.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:08 AM   #50
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I personally never understood the appeal of a full size 2 door SUV.

I doubt many people that buy Tahoes now even now it used to be available in a 2 door lol. I don't think a 2 door tahoe would work. They would literally need something of similar size to combat the Bronco/Wrangler.
They just look cool. Just like anything 2 door, it’s not really useful but looks much better than a 4 door.

It’s why a mint 1957 Bel Air coupe can go for $60,000 while a mint sedan - with exactly the same stainless steel and chrome trim that the ‘57s are known for - will sell for $15,000
Old 07-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I have to agree with some of the above statements. I can't think of a single reason to make a 2 door Tahoe (other than, it would look cool)...it makes zero sense.

A true Wranger/Bronco competitor? Sure!

But just a 2 door Tahoe. Nope.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #52
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
They just look cool. Just like anything 2 door, it’s not really useful but looks much better than a 4 door.

It’s why a mint 1957 Bel Air coupe can go for $60,000 while a mint sedan - with exactly the same stainless steel and chrome trim that the ‘57s are known for - will sell for $15,000
I guess I just don't get it lol. I agree coupes look better than sedans but the old two door tahoe just looked so odd to me. Maybe its because we had a 4 door tahoe when I was like 10 then a suburban that anything in that body style with just 2 doors just looked weird to me
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #53
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
It'd have to be solid axle front and rear, small block power. The door count isn't vital. Neither is the open roof.

All the smaller Blazers are S10 Blazers, regardless of what GM called them. Though, I still think of Tahoe as an S10 trim. The early '00s Tahoe was very maneuverable. That'd be a good enough wheelbase to start a Blazer from.

Bringing up the new Bronco, at work to Ford guys last week, generally got a meh reaction. I'm guessing the new one is slanted to stopping women Mustang owners from defecting to Wranglers.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #54
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
It'd have to be solid axle front and rear, small block power. The door count isn't vital. Neither is the open roof.

All the smaller Blazers are S10 Blazers, regardless of what GM called them. Though, I still think of Tahoe as an S10 trim. The early '00s Tahoe was very maneuverable. That'd be a good enough wheelbase to start a Blazer from.

Bringing up the new Bronco, at work to Ford guys last week, generally got a meh reaction. I'm guessing the new one is slanted to stopping women Mustang owners from defecting to Wranglers.
The Tahoe name was used starting in 1992 on the redesigned K5 Blazer chassis. From day one it always used a Chevy small block. It's essentially a continuation of the K5 Blazer. The S-10 was always distinctively smaller with either a 4 cylinder or V6 and looked different.

As far as your first point, I absolutely agree with you. A modern version of this:

Name:  blazer.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  39.7 KB

With all the trick modern suspension components, solid Danas front and rear, and the 6.2 liter from the Silverado as an option - WITH a 6 speed manual + 1 extra low gear!

Heck, I'd buy one right now even though I just bought a Camaro SS lol
Old 07-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #55
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
V8 Jeep Wrangler scaring off the "Broncos"
Old 07-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #56
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Did that sound like it was a manual transmission being shifted??????

If so, Ford better damn well make the 5.0 Coyote motor available - with a manual - and in full Sasquatch trim.

This could get interesting. One thing you have to love about FCA - when they go hard, they go balls deep.