Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 06-20-2019, 05:57 AM   #29
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
What's the problem?? It is an appearance package that will appeal to younger folks who can't afford the styling the RS trim brings along. As younger folk may consider the standard Blazer styling too plain. Although it has a sunroof and black wheel package currently available which makes it look more aggressive.

I am starting to see a lot of these Blazers on the road nowadays. A month ago that wasn't the case. Good to see GM having success with it.
The recent Redline Packages have been priced at ~$1,500. The article states that it will be available on 2LT and 3LT models; therefore, adding this package will put these models within spitting distance of the RS.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:10 AM   #30
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Focus ST? Wasn't the Focus discontinued in the US? Hyundai has a Veloster N and VW has the GTI if you are looking for more affordable fwd performance. SUV performance vehicles aren't really a thing with Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and most other competitors in this segment. Ford has the Edge ST which IMO is outdated interior wise and overpriced. Jeep has the SRT.

If you're looking for milder performance oriented SUVS with good value you can look at BMW, Audi, Volvo, Infiniti, Jeep, etc.... For serious performance you need to pay to play... Alfa Romeo, Audi , BMW M division, AMG, Cayenne , etc.... What you are looking for is not going to happen in this segment due to customer preferences, market shift,, and emissions.
Ford axed all of their cars, except the Mustang. The starting price of the Edge ST undercuts the starting price of the Blazer RS by ~$500. The SRT GC is almost $70k, so it is in an entirely different league.

Performance variants will always be a niche market, so you're not going to sell tons of them. They are produced in smaller numbers for the people that enjoy these types of vehicles. As far as emissions, manufacturers are working wonders with turbos. Small liters, great power and solid MPG's. The Edge ST is getting ~26 highway. GM has engines that they could sink into their ordinary lineup and give us one or two SS models to have as a DD. JMHO.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 06-20-2019, 07:06 AM   #31
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Yes, give us a Blazer SS. It already looks the part. TT V6 @400+hp. Although i'd hate to see the price tag knowing what an RS costs with a few packages.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #32
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Yes, give us a Blazer SS. It already looks the part. TT V6 @400+hp. Although i'd hate to see the price tag knowing what an RS costs with a few packages.
I'd say $55k for a middle of the road Blazer SS would be fair.

Who knows? It's a fictional vehicle, but it's fun to think about.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #33
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
More overpriced, embarrassing sticker packages from GM...

It's simply a bag over the head, punch in the face, kick in the testicles, embarrassment. GM's Board of Directors must be comprised of Richard Simmons, Liberace, Johnny Weir and Rosie O'Donnell. Why in the f*ck won't these beta-cucks engineer any true performance models of their otherwise standard, cars, trucks and SUV's? It is truly mind-numbing!

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/...comment-829316
Looks like a Mazda. LOL!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #34
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Sorry guys, but at that price level ($50k and up) I want what I want, which is a v8. I'd rather have a v8 at 400 hp than a twin turbo v6 at near 500 hp. However, Chevy and GM have improved the turbo systems so I would consider it.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #35
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Looks like a Mazda. LOL!
Appearance is subjective, but the look of the Blazer has grown on me. It is a sporty looking SUV, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Sorry guys, but at that price level ($50k and up) I want what I want, which is a v8. I'd rather have a v8 at 400 hp than a twin turbo v6 at near 500 hp. However, Chevy and GM have improved the turbo systems so I would consider it.
I understand the allure of a V8, but I really wouldn't mind a TTV6 in our imaginary Blazer SS. Sure, you wouldn't get the rumble, but in an SUV, it wouldn't bother me.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #36
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Focus ST? Wasn't the Focus discontinued in the US? Hyundai has a Veloster N and VW has the GTI if you are looking for more affordable fwd performance. SUV performance vehicles aren't really a thing with Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, and most other competitors in this segment. Ford has the Edge ST which IMO is outdated interior wise and overpriced. Jeep has the SRT.

If you're looking for milder performance oriented SUVS with good value you can look at BMW, Audi, Volvo, Infiniti, Jeep, etc.... For serious performance you need to pay to play... Alfa Romeo, Audi , BMW M division, AMG, Cayenne , etc.... What you are looking for is not going to happen in this segment due to customer preferences, market shift,, and emissions.
Ford has the Edge ST, Explorer ST, Dodge has the Durango SRT-8,
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #37
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
The recent Redline Packages have been priced at ~$1,500. The article states that it will be available on 2LT and 3LT models; therefore, adding this package will put these models within spitting distance of the RS.
Dealers will discount most Blazers, I think 2LT/AWD/V6 with redline package should come around low 30's after discounts. GM has to sell these Blazers and will offer steep discounts from time to time,follow GM authority to get up-to-date news on these discounts across all of GM's lineup.

Otherwise there is the Equinox which is less performance oriented but rides on a great platform and has great value.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #38
RagingHawk

Quote:
Ford axed all of their cars, except the Mustang. The starting price of the Edge ST undercuts the starting price of the Blazer RS by ~$500. The SRT GC is almost $70k, so it is in an entirely different league.

Performance variants will always be a niche market, so you're not going to sell tons of them. They are produced in smaller numbers for the people that enjoy these types of vehicles. As far as emissions, manufacturers are working wonders with turbos. Small liters, great power and solid MPG's. The Edge ST is getting ~26 highway. GM has engines that they could sink into their ordinary lineup and give us one or two SS models to have as a DD. JMHO.
I am aware of what Ford did, but that also means Focus ST and Fiesta ST are axed here. In Europe the redesigns are being sold and it is disappointing we don't get those here. The Edge ST is imo outdated and overpriced. The 2020 Explorer ST is something I would consider though. I don't know if GM will offer a Blazer to compete with that in the future. I Just think they don't see demand for it, but who knows what will happen.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #39
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Ford has the Edge ST, Explorer ST, Dodge has the Durango SRT-8,
All new Explorer ST is the one I'd consider. All new platform, exterior and interior.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #40
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
GM probably does not build performance variants of SUV's etc because hardly anybody would buy them. Even with the Camaro I see at least ten V6's for every SS.

It's simply not worth the expense.
WUT? Jeep builds the TrackHawk and sells them all! Porsche, Bentley, BMW all build HP SUVS.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #41
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
They would be using a TT6 from Cadillac. I know people want the V8 but doesn't that require a RW drive platform? I will give Kudos to Ford though, the new Explorer is running on a RWD platform. I'd say Ford has Chevy beat with the Explorer but Chevy with the Equinox is beating out the Escape/Edge.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #42
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Speaking of the Explorer ST, the reviews are out today on the all new model. Sounds like it is a fun ride with good handling to boot.

Nice job Ford.

Personally, I don't think it looks as good as the old one though. I don't really care for the new Escape either.