#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 11-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #29
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Ford put up sort of a preliminary configurator on their website. The targeted 0-60 performance advertised there is "under 4 seconds" for the top of the line GT (at $60,000), but the cheapest with RWD and the small battery is mid 6 seconds, AWD & small battery is low 6 seconds, and the larger battery & AWD is mid 5 seconds. That's slow for a Tesla (this Ford's real competitor) and slow plus expensive for a "Mustang". Crazy.

There's no "big oil" conspiracy making electric cars "ugly". As for younger generations buying a bunch of these, maybe the more wealthy ones - these start at nearly $44k! And people thought the Blazer was pricy!
Point was, they make em ugly in hopes they don't sell and give people this image that electric=ugly.
But, of course, we know big oil and big pharmaceuticals are here for us.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 02:02 PM   #30
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Younger people cannot afford 60K SUVS. Younger people shop the used market and lots of them are purchasing compact sedans. It is not the millennial but rather the boomers responsible for the SUV crave. Boomers think you have to have all wheel drive to get through the winter. Boomers enjoy the higher ride height of the SUVS. And Boomers think they are more spacious and safe. Of course there are plenty of millennials adopting these trends now too, but the boomers set the market for this direction.

Automakers will continue making compact sedans since many millennials are looking to purchase cheap sedans. Midsize sedans still have a market too. Large sedans are mostly a luxury segment. And plenty of two door coupes going away, sadly. I blame those that live in warmer climates for the disappearance of sport coupes. You don't understand if I was living in a warm area and didn't have to worry about winter I'd be driving a two door sports coupe year round.
When I say young.......its coming from a near 60 old fart. I'm not talking teen-20 something. 40's are kids to me now.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #31
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
When I say young.......its coming from a near 60 old fart. I'm not talking teen-20 something. 40's are kids to me now.
Age is just a number.

But technically, everyone BUT we gen Xers are prone to buying Ecars. Boomers want shit they think is safe like hawk said, Y and Z are tech, tech, tech, tech... we Xers just do not give a rats ass about anything. Cheap gas, no catalytic converters, screw that crying Indian and Big Macs came in styrofoam boxes. Y’all can clean up the fi€king mess. We’re having fun bitches! LOL.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:50 PM   #32
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
Pretty disgusting marketing IMO. I’m definitely a Camaro guy 1st but don’t hate on Mustangs & had one in the past. With that said there’s no way in hell I’d buy another one as long as it shares a nameplate with anything that’s not a rear drive muscle/sports car.
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #33
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Age is just a number.

But technically, everyone BUT we gen Xers are prone to buying Ecars. Boomers want shit they think is safe like hawk said, Y and Z are tech, tech, tech, tech... we Xers just do not give a rats ass about anything. Cheap gas, no catalytic converters, screw that crying Indian and Big Macs came in styrofoam boxes. Y’all can clean up the fi€king mess. We’re having fun bitches! LOL.

And here's my millennial ass hoping ecars are not the next big thing. I'd hate to have a fully electric sports car with no sound to it. Just doesn't feel right.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:51 PM   #34
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Gadzooks! Why do American auto markers think electric = ugly? Oh wait, never mind, big oil.
Conversation that will never happen:

Darren Woods (Exxon CEO) - Jimmy.. Darren.. how you doing?

James Hackett (Ford CEO) - Hey Darren, doing great. What's up?

Darren Woods - Hey look, we need to sell a lot of oil so could you maybe make your electric vehicles really ugly so nobody buys them?

James Hackett - Ummm... yea, I guess we could do that.

Darren Woods - Thanks, dude. I owe you one.

James Hackett - No problem.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #35
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Point was, they make em ugly in hopes they don't sell and give people this image that electric=ugly.
But, of course, we know big oil and big pharmaceuticals are here for us.
A slight rewording doesn't make an unproven subjective opinion any more of a fact now than it was before.

And "Big [whatever]" are not obligated to be here "for us"
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #36
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
And here's my millennial ass hoping ecars are not the next big thing. I'd hate to have a fully electric sports car with no sound to it. Just doesn't feel right.
Thank goodness for the exceptions. No doubt people like yourself will keep the combustion engine alive. Just keep your fingers crossed you don’t see the day gas cars are grandfathered past no fossil fuel cars allowed...that day is coming.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #37
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
https://youtu.be/Rt_Mzo6F1Zw
Old 11-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #38
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I didn't even bother to look at the interior before watching that video. LOL. I understand why they called it a Mustang now, with the ENORMOUS tablet as a distraction, drivers of this vehicle will be hitting crowds, pedestrians, and everything else on or near the road.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #39
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Pretty crappy sales gimmick by Ford to say the least. I've been the proud owner of 2 incredible mustangs within the past 8 years or so. And unlike some think or chose to believe, not all of us mustang owners run over crowds or wreck our cars. Here's my last mustang I sold 3 years ago. It had a little over 12,000 miles on it and I was the 5th owner. Car was the cleanest mustang I had seen at the time and still to this day...fact. I drove over a thousand miles to buy this car. The paint job by Ford is beyond amazing. Sorry but my 1LE doesn't hold a candle to the quality on this 2003 car. Anyways back to Ford and a little reminder for them, this is what a mustang looks like.... remember???

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 12-11-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:34 AM   #40
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
No car of today's paint compares to the older ones. The environmental concerns took away the things that made paint substantial. New cars show road rash much more dramatically.

As for e cars, I'm actually glad the Camaro is going away before it infects it. Wow, I really said that.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #41
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
As for e cars, I'm actually glad the Camaro is going away before it infects it. Wow, I really said that.
There is no guarantee that the Camaro is going away and I feel the more this is stated on enthusiast websites the more justification GM would have in actually axing the car.
I see no reason an electric Camaro couldn't be a part of the line up. Right next to the ear smashing V8's. As long as it's not an SUV.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #42
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Anyone else feeling like..."what the heck GM!??"

I fully expected GM to beat FORD to the market with a decent/sporty electric CUV and truck. Seems like GM has been touting their advances in electric vehicles for years, but now it is looking like Ford will beat GM to the market with both, as the all electric F-150 is expected to make it's debut soon.

GM has the Bolt, but that thing was never going to sell to the masses. A PHEV or BEV CUV is where it is at, and for years now a small to mid-size PHEV or BEV CUV was going to be the only thing that is going to take off. Why they never built a CUV on the Voltec chassis is beyond me. Now Ford has got it with a full BEV. Sure, there is no guarantee the Mach-E is going to sell well, but I think out of all of them, it has the best chance. Might just be me, but I think it looks miles better than a comparable Tesla.