Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-07-2023, 07:39 PM   #15
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
All good points, and my build is proof that the Camaro can be a quiet environment for critical listening, it's just really expensive and time consuming.
True enough. The basic Alpha platform is really stiff and well damped, and the interior is a crap ton better than the Chevies of the bad old days. With lots of well done damping material and quiet tires, there's no reason a 6th-gen Camaro shouldn't as calm inside as a Caddy CT4 or CT5, which are based on the same platform. That's just not how I'm using mine.

Hmmm, maybe I need a Caddy as a daily driver...I wonder if it will have enough room inside for me to sleep in it after my wife kicks me out of the house?
Old 12-17-2023, 11:05 AM   #16
PhillipG

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hey Folks,

I tried replying a few times via my phone, but that proved to be royal PIA... I kept losing the text every time I was interrupted with a phone call.

I digress, so much advice out there, and it really has caused me to re-think things; I am now looking at the kicker KS series (Thanks SWRocket for the recommendation). they have a couple of interesting options for the front stage including a 2.5 inch and 6 x 9 component kit which fits right in the front dash.

They also have a neat dual pod KSMT2504 which I am also thinking about...

You fine folks have made me consider things differently for sure, but I am not sure that I am sold on the 'too many speakers' bit. I would suggest that most premium audio upgrades from factory include 8, 10, 13, and more speakers... using the DSP would allow me to have the appropriate levels from each speaker, even the Bose system for the Camaro has like 8 speakers...

If for nothing else, I do have some wiggle room in my "budget" and i am still leaning towards rear seat speakers and deck speakers as well... they may not be needed but it certainly couldn't hurt?

Nothing decided yet, still doing some homework checking things out and all.

MSquared, I read your post about your 1LE and have been looking at Kicker KEY amps...

keep_hope_alive, appreciate the insight and the tips.

Thanks again for all the feedback, it makes the journey a lot more exciting!

Cheers,

PhillipG
PhillipG is offline   Reply With Quote