Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-30-2019, 08:06 AM   #323
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
That's a good question. I do not have it and I'm at 37.000+ miles. I heard that GM said something about condensation in the fluid or whatever. I'm wondering if the shuddering issue only affects cars in humid areas. I'm in the high desert and I have no issue. It's like the window fogging issue...I don't have that either. Neither do any of the other camaros that I know of in my area. Weird
Yes, it doesn't seem like this affects a large percentage of Camaros overall, though it may in certain areas.

I have a 2018 RS with 11K miles and no shudder. Is it worth getting the TSB flush as preventative maintenance? I know I'll have to pay for it but why wait until the TC is damaged?
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:29 AM   #324
Budman51

Drives: 2023 SGM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedup View Post
Do you know what software version range you have? I had one I used in my c7 but it would throw check engine lights. Do the newer ranges throw codes?
It's the latest version, 8.7 I believe. No CELs and it doesn't seem to drain the battery as the car sits for days without being driven. My wife got it direct from Range and put it under the Christmas tree this past year.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:08 AM   #325
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I have my Range on a switch. They say longer than a few days and it start draining the battery.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #326
wjmeyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS, 2LT
I just brought my 2016 RS A8 in for the shudder problem at 30K miles, had it bad. I'll post results in about a week or so. The service guy said no camaros serviced with the flush have returned, so I'm hopeful. He did say it is covered by the 5-yr powertrain warranty. He also noted that it will be serviced for a transmission turbine shaft service bulletin (not recall), news to me, no postcard notification?

Update: Had 3-way flush done on 4-2-19. It was interesting to watch as my dash cam activates at startup, so I could watch activity in shop and the test drive after service. Invoice ticket advised to drive at least 500 miles. It felt much better on the short ride home, but I'll do another update after I've driven it for 100 miles or so, and again after the recommended 500 miles.

2nd Update: I am now 500+ miles (4-18-19) after the triple flush "fix" and the A8 is shifting fine with virtually no shudder issues, so I am hopeful it will continue to operate smoothly.

Last edited by wjmeyer; 04-18-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Update
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #327
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
Follow up to my request for picoscope results in post #316 of this thread, scheduled my shudder service yesterday, the service person said that they do require a road test to verify the issue, but only break out the scope if it isn't clearly there. They did say I could be the driver thankfully.

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #328
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartfordRacingCaptain View Post
Follow up to my request for picoscope results in post #316 of this thread, scheduled my shudder service yesterday, the service person said that they do require a road test to verify the issue, but only break out the scope if it isn't clearly there. They did say I could be the driver thankfully.
Good to hear. My dealer did the new flush with no picoscope evidence. Knock on wood, the shudder has not returned in the last couple of hundred miles.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:11 AM   #329
Shredstone

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
In the market for a 6th Gen Camaro...Now I'm bummed out. This thread is unbelievably depressing.

Get a Mustang? Manual transmission?
Shredstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:04 AM   #330
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredstone View Post
In the market for a 6th Gen Camaro...Now I'm bummed out. This thread is unbelievably depressing.

I bought 2 new Mustangs in the summer of 2017,an Ego Boost and a GT with Performance Pkg. Both had manuals. I traded the 1st for the 2nd and the 2nd for a new C7 with M7. Neither Mustang did anything for me. Issue with A/C on both of them-a known issue.
Thanks to this forum,this major issue is the reason I never considered an A8. I looked for and found an V-6 M6 to my liking. I feel for everyone affected.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:49 AM   #331
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:

Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

You could go with a manual but the early reports from people that have had the NEW flush done is that it fixed the shudder issue.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:42 AM   #332
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:

Yes, go manual or get the new A10. Both are tops in their class.

to the forum!
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #333
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

You could go with a manual but the early reports from people that have had the NEW flush done is that it fixed the shudder issue.
Yes,"early reports" being less than a thousand miles. In most cases,a few hundred. Means little. Give it say,5k miles and if it's gone away,halleluah for them!
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #334
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:

The coyote boys are having piston slap issues, and engine knock issues. Easier to replace a TC than an engine. Type in 5.0 piston slap and be prepared to read a lot of threads.

I will preface this by saying my shudder is very very light compared to some. But it doesn't really bother me that much. It only happens for a split second every 10 miles or so, and only ever on the highway. That being said the dealer diagnosed it using a picoscope, and as soon as their new trans flush machine is in, i'll be getting the new mobil fluid. Go figure their machine breaks the day before I get it diagnosed. Just my luck

If you are worried about it, just buy a stick. The Camaro is so much better than the stang in just about every single way. As the test driver of Motor Trend said after driving the GT and SS around the streets of willow.... "There's about 4000 years of evolution separating the two"
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #335
SilverBlueSS

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Hyper Blue
My 17 SS A8 has been flawless for first 5200 miles. Started shuddering like crazy right after the 5,200 miles Hope to get it to the dealer next week... interesting that my 15 Corvette started shuddering right at 5,000 miles though no where as bad as the Camaro. They replaced the converter in the Vette 2 years ago, all has been well.
SilverBlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:52 AM   #336
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:

I've had issues with the shudder, but it took 20,000 for my 2016 to show the signs. I brought it in ASAP, they did the flush (not the new one for Q1 2019), that was 4,000 miles ago, so far, so good.

It's a bummer that there is this issue, however, I love this car so much regardless, if it comes down to it and I get this issue again after the powertrain warranty is up, I'll just go with an aftermarket TC and have a tune done. Possibly have the transmission looked at, at the same time if need be. Like people have said before, I'd much rather deal with TC issues, possibly transmission issue, than an engine issue.