Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
69pro-touring

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
ZL1 M6 Stuck in Reverse

Yesterday and today I've had an issue when reversing where I cannot shift out of reverse. I can manage to get to a spot in neutral between reverse and 6th but not fully out. The couple times this happened I was able to push the car forward or ease back more in reverse which freed up the shifter back over out of reverse. Was out of town so had to drive a couple hundred miles home since start of the issue and all forward gears seem to be unaffected. Also got stuck having to use reverse a couple times and it worked normally so problem is intermittent. Have not had the car since new but I believe its the stock shifter with skip-shift eliminator (not short throw).

Did a search of a few different forums and looks like could be anything from linkage needing to be adjusted or problem with reverse solenoid all the way to a bigger issue with fork or synchros. Car is not under warranty and do most work on (all older) vehicles in house, but thinking I would need use of someones lift for almost anything and I'm not excited to tear into the ZL1. Has anyone experienced this before with TR6060 in the 6th gen before that could shed a little more light on the issue?
69pro-touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
A rebuilt tr6060 by one of the greats is an amazing thing. It just feels amazing

You can ship it in a Rubbermaid. That’s all I can add. Good luck
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
69pro-touring

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
A rebuilt tr6060 by one of the greats is an amazing thing. It just feels amazing

You can ship it in a Rubbermaid. That’s all I can add. Good luck
If it comes to that, which I still haven't let settle in yet, who's the best to send to?
RPM, Tick, Rockland, Bowler? Any others?
69pro-touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:21 PM   #4
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I did Texas drivetrain performance a few years ago
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote